Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wasn't meant as a troll in any way.

Forgive me if I have doubts about a 65 year old guy who just walked off the job mid-season leaving his team in a lurch in what could have been a good year.

Forgive me also if I hold Norv in a lesser regard, since I watched him suck here in DC for years.

Every article I've seen on Norv says "he'll want to come back" or "he has to come back" but it's always someone OTHER than Norv saying it.  Norv himself appears to have stayed generally silent or vague on coming back.

Till Norv comes out and says otherwise (or starts taking interviews) I don't see him as "seeking work", and even if he was, lol, no.  A worn out old man whose motivation is questionable as hell at this point, and whose record of success was ages ago now?  Pass.  Up and comers with minds in the 2000's, not the 1980's preferred.

My post, the one you took exception to, was meant as a troll.

Re-read it. Sheesh... I like you or I would have run with it here.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read this on espn:

The Jets' top choice to replace the retired Chan Gailey was John DeFilippo, the Eagles' quarterbacks coach, but their interview request was denied by the Eagles. They also expressed interest in Raiders quarterbacks coach Todd Downing, prompting the Raiders to promote him to offensive coordinator.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

2 weeks before the season ends Jets fans are all "fire everyone get some decent people in here" 

2 weeks after the season ends Jets fans are all "why doesn't anyone good want this job? 

maybe it's because the fans demand heads on spikes after every season (and the owner is too weak to say no).

Honest question would you take a job if you knew that the expectations were sky high but the organization is in the garbage pile. The fans expect Super Bowl victories but the team hasn't been to the playoffs for years.  

And there's a decent chance some a$$hole is going to rent airplanes to run banners over practice to get you fired.  

Woody needs to actually cough up dough for someone who actually knows what he's doing. Until then were ****ed. The Colts have a franchise QB and are a total dumpster fire because they have the same setup as the Jets.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Woody needs to actually cough up dough for someone who actually knows what he's doing. Until then were ****ed. The Colts have a franchise QB and are a total dumpster fire because they have the same setup as the Jets.

If I had a billion dollars and was the owner of a football team, I don't know that I'd ever get to the point where I thought my input into football ops was anything other than a detriment to those operations. Why doesn't Woody see this?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I had a billion dollars and was the owner of a football team, I don't know that I'd ever get to the point where I thought my input into football ops was anything other than a detriment to those operations. Why doesn't Woody see this?

I wish I knew.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Just read this on espn:

The Jets' top choice to replace the retired Chan Gailey was John DeFilippo, the Eagles' quarterbacks coach, but their interview request was denied by the Eagles. They also expressed interest in Raiders quarterbacks coach Todd Downing, prompting the Raiders to promote him to offensive coordinator.

Well at least some of the people we are targeting are coveted by their current organizations.  I guess in an optimistic way, some of these candidates seem to be possibly good choices.  (I expect DeFilippo to be the Eagles OC as well)

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, etc, etc, all available... nope, let's go after the RB coach of the Broncos. LOL 

SOJ

who knows with these guys   it's a + that he's been retained by multiple HC's in Denver and has a lot to pull from.   

Personally, i'd like to see a McAdoo type deal with McCoy where he's the OC for a year and elevated to HC when bowels is canned next year and we get rosen or darnold in '18.  really a tough time to be a fan when '16 isn't over yet and we are already looking past a wasted '17 to the 2018 draft.   ****ign depressing.  

Just now, LionelRichie said:

who knows with these guys   it's a + that he's been retained by multiple HC's in Denver and has a lot to pull from.   

Personally, i'd like to see a McAdoo type deal with McCoy where he's the OC for a year and elevated to HC when bowels is canned next year and we get rosen or darnold in '18.  really a tough time to be a fan when '16 isn't over yet and we are already looking past a wasted '17 to the 2018 draft.   ****ign depressing.  

Happens in basketball all the time. It's the way to a proper rebuild

7 hours ago, jmat321 said:

If they wanted a run heavy guy, why not Greg Roman?  Another 1st timer, outstanding.

And you know he's a run heavy guy just how?  This should be good.  

Never knew OCs  couldn't come from a RB background because if they did it means they haven't discovered the forward pass 

It doesn't get much that better than listening to fans react to a name they have no clue about and watch how worked up they get over it. 

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We aren't built to run the ball. You were wrong, as usual. Don't deflect.

That's not deflecting. You said that we are more built to pass than run the ball. I was merely questioning that point. I think we are more built to run than to pass. OUr OL is much better at run blocking than pass blocking and our best offensive weapon over the last few games was a running back.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Where did you read this so called report? 

I tried to dig it up but couldn't find it. It was a brief mention in one of the papers that Bowles would like someone more consistent with his conservative approach, a more run oriented offense.   Maybe it was fake news from Manish :) 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's not deflecting. You said that we are more built to pass than run the ball. I was merely questioning that point. I think we are more built to run than to pass. OUr OL is much better at run blocking than pass blocking and our best offensive weapon over the last few games was a running back.

This doesn't make us "built to run". You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Given the fact that they already interviewed Studesville before the news leaked, it is relatively safe to assume that they could be interviewing people right now and we don't know them yet.

Or not.

Holy ******* sh*t.

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This doesn't make us "built to run". You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

Moreso than built to pass, I would say. And you don't tell me why i don't know what im talking about. Because the simple fact is this. If we don't have a quality QB, then we aren't built to pass. Maybe, then we aren't built to do either. But I'm fairly sure that we are better suited right now to run instead of pass

Moreso than built to pass, I would say. And you don't tell me why i don't know what im talking about. Because the simple fact is this. If we don't have a quality QB, then we aren't built to pass. Maybe, then we aren't built to do either. But I'm fairly sure that we are better suited right now to run instead of pass

We are 4 deep with competent receivers. We have 1 serviceable RB. We have no TE, no FB. The offensive line isn't good enough at either pass pro or run blocking to suggesting we're built for one thing over the other. Even if we have a mediocre QB, we are better suited for passing the ball - given the talent the roster right now.

It's not an argument. You're earlier statement was wrong, like 99.9% of all the other drivel you post. 

I'm sorry. I didn't know you had a surveillance camera inside Their HQ

Yes, that's right. Surveillance cameras... or, perhaps maybe I'm mocking you for yet another profoundly benign proclamation of "maybe", and punctuating it by suggesting the "maybe not" scenario. Because: you lack basic intelligence.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We are 4 deep with competent receivers. We have 1 serviceable RB. We have no TE, no FB. The offensive line isn't good enough at either pass pro or run blocking to suggesting we're built for one thing over the other. Even if we have a mediocre QB, we are better suited for passing the ball - given the talent the roster right now.

They dont even have that right now. 

All I know is that it seemed that we had more success running the ball than passing the ball towards the end of last year. That suggests that we are better at running than passing

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

They dont even have that right now. 

All I know is that it seemed that we had more success running the ball than passing the ball towards the end of last year. That suggests that we are better at running than passing

It's a good thing they aren't playing any games right now then. Isn't it?

We didn't have success at all at the end of the year. Powell broke off some big plays here and there. That's not success. When teams are beating the snot out of you, they encourage you to run the ball and kill the clock. It's not indicative of us being "built" to do anything better.

When next season starts, Clady will not be a Jet (contract), IJilana will not be RT (he sucks), and Winters might be replace (FA). So, to say we're built for the run based on an OL that could lose 3 players and Powell racking up garbage time yards - is stupid, and shows a gross naivité about football.

When next season starts, Marshall will likely be back (at ~$7m he is affordable, he'd only get cut for being a dick at this point), Decker will be healthy, Anderson will be here, Enunwa will be here. We are actually looking at a good WR position group. 2 of these guys only broke out this year. The other 2 were considered a top-3 tandem in the league in 2015.

So, no, we're not built for the run. Nothing about last year suggests we are. You are wrong. It's the only thing you're good at.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It's a good thing they aren't playing any games right now then. Isn't it?

We didn't have success at all at the end of the year. Powell broke off some big plays here and there. That's not success. When teams are beating the snot out of you, they encourage you to run the ball and kill the clock. It's not indicative of us being "built" to do anything better.

When next season starts, Clady will not be a Jet (contract), IJilana will not be RT (he sucks), and Winters might be replace (FA). So, to say we're built for the run based on an OL that could lose 3 players and Powell racking up garbage time yards - is stupid, and shows a gross naivité about football.

Powell had the highest YPC average in a season in Jets history.

Most yds/carry in single-season history: 1. : 5.51, 2016 2. Freeman McNeil, 5.21, 1982

That was 2nd in the NFL overall with a minimum of 100 carries.

I expect Winters to be back, because I don't think many teams will pay attention to him. Shell played well at RT. Johnson played well at C. LT is their one position of uncertainty right now, which also happens to be the most important position on an OL for pass protection.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Powell had the highest YPC average in a season in Jets history.

Most yds/carry in single-season history: 1. : 5.51, 2016 2. Freeman McNeil, 5.21, 1982

That was 2nd in the NFL overall with a minimum of 100 carries.

I expect Winters to be back, because I don't think many teams will pay attention to him. Shell played well at RT. Johnson played well at C. LT is their one position of uncertainty right now, which also happens to be the most important position on an OL for pass protection.

That's nice. I've been saying Powell is a good RB for years, and nobody agreed. 

It still doesn't mean we're built for the run. I admire the fact that you're willing to keep walking into jabs here, but dude... you're wrong.

Archived