Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

Just now, Integrity28 said:

That's nice. I've been saying Powell is a good RB for years, and nobody agreed. 

It still doesn't mean we're built for the run. I admire the fact that you're willing to keep walking into jabs here, but dude... you're wrong.

I will agree with you if we end up with a better QB at the beginning of the season, like Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Powell had the highest YPC average in a season in Jets history.

Most yds/carry in single-season history: 1. : 5.51, 2016 2. Freeman McNeil, 5.21, 1982

That was 2nd in the NFL overall with a minimum of 100 carries.

I expect Winters to be back, because I don't think many teams will pay attention to him. Shell played well at RT. Johnson played well at C. LT is their one position of uncertainty right now, which also happens to be the most important position on an OL for pass protection.

Another interesting stat: According to football outsiders Jets' offensive line ranked 12th in the league for run blocking and 20th in the league for pass blocking.  Would make sense as their guards grade out better than their tackles and the Jets ran a higher percentage of their runs up the middle or behind their guards compared to the rest of the league.  Statically, the Jets line was very average (stats from NFL.com, Football Outsiders and PFF) but stats don't paint the full picture.  The line definitely could use an upgrade.  If they can get better tackles to allow the QB more time, WRs that can create separation earlier in their routes and the obvious one: Get a QB.  Asking a lot but that is what the offseason is for. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Powell had the highest YPC average in a season in Jets history.

Most yds/carry in single-season history: 1. : 5.51, 2016 2. Freeman McNeil, 5.21, 1982

That was 2nd in the NFL overall with a minimum of 100 carries.

I expect Winters to be back, because I don't think many teams will pay attention to him. Shell played well at RT. Johnson played well at C. LT is their one position of uncertainty right now, which also happens to be the most important position on an OL for pass protection.

Not really a fair comparison.  That was a strike year.  Freeman led the NFL in rushing overall.  His carries weren't spread out over 16 games. Powell had an excellent season as a complimentary back.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I will agree with you if we end up with a better QB at the beginning of the season, like Tyrod Taylor

I'm not asking you to agree with me. 

I'm telling you that your statement, to paraphrase "we are built for the run", is a clear reference to the state of the team right now - and it's wrong. "If we get a better QB" is yet another deflection. 

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not asking you to agree with me. 

I'm telling you that your statement, to paraphrase "we are built for the run", is a clear reference to the state of the team right now - and it's wrong. "If we get a better QB" is yet another deflection. 

I think as of right now, we are better built to run the football than to pass the football. Now that will change if they get any type of quality passer in here. You can say I'm wrong all you want, I believe it to be correct. We have a better run blocking OL than pass blocking OL at the moment and our most consistent offensive player is a running back. There is potential in the WR corps of course, but it comes back to the QB. If you can't see that, then we're at an impasse.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I think as of right now, we are better built to run the football than to pass the football. Now that will change if they get any type of quality passer in here. You can say I'm wrong all you want, I believe it to be correct. We have a better run blocking OL than pass blocking OL at the moment and our most consistent offensive player is a running back. There is potential in the WR corps of course, but it comes back to the QB. If you can't that, then we're at an impasse.

And, back to the beginning... 

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And, back to the beginning... 

I guess so.

By the way, and this is off topic and away from my points, but by saying right now that the Jets are better built for passing, it is fair to say that technically you believe in Bryce Petty and/or Christian Hackenberg to be good passers.

And another thing. Teams that are beating the snot out of you try to get you to run? I have never heard that before. Usually the team ahead runs the ball themselves, but usually the team behind passes  to get back into the game and don't attempt to run.

And if I am wasting your time, you don't have to answer. 

Some of you should know that there are a few posters on this forum who's only enjoyment in life is to come on here, and see how much fun they can get out of antagonizing other posters by making outlandish statements . Your misery is a game to them, and when they can get the local mules to side with them, the topic will go on forever . If you feel like the conversation you're engaged in makes little sense, then you're the brunt of somebody's entertainment . My suggestion is to stop, and put said person on ignore .

This board is becoming intolerable, but it's the best game in town .

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess so.

By the way, and this is off topic and away from my points, but by saying right now that the Jets are better built for passing, it is fair to say that technically you believe in Bryce Petty and/or Christian Hackenberg to be good passers.

And another thing. Teams that are beating the snot out of you try to get you to run? I have never heard that before. Usually the team ahead runs the ball themselves, but usually the team behind passes  to get back into the game and don't attempt to run.

And if I am wasting your time, you don't have to answer. 

Do you actually watch football?

You don't have to answer.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Some of you should know that there are a few posters on this forum who's only enjoyment in life is to come on here, and see how much fun they can get out of antagonizing other posters by making outlandish statements . Your misery is a game to them, and when they can get the local mules to side with them, the topic will go on forever . If you feel like the conversation you're engaged in makes little sense, then you're the brunt of somebody's entertainment . My suggestion is to stop, and put said person on ignore .

This board is becoming intolerable, but it's the best game in town .

This board is the same as any board. 

Spare us the sanctimonious grandstanding.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Um... speak for yourself.  This board is considerably better than other boards.  If it weren't you'd still be posting on scout.com.  Or did you get banned?

I never posted there.

What I mean is that you're going to get trolling, arguing and all that jazz on any board. It's the internet.

So complete silence on the OC front.  Denver RB coach a no go.  Will we be interviewing any ACs from the conference championship losers?  We'll probably try, but who knows.  With Shanny leaving ATL (assuming they lose), ATL will probably promote I/H, other O Assistants follow Shanny to SF.  NE - we're not getting anyone from that staff.  GB & Pitt anyone there worth taking a look at?

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

JMO Studesville was the only name leaked and he so happens to satisfy the Rooney rule. Coincidence?

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Isn't that only for Head Coaches? And, to your point, if that was the case. that would not be cool.

I thought this too, but someone (C Mart?) posted something the other day saying that the Rooney Rule had been updated for 2017 to extend to coordinators too.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I thought this too, but someone (C Mart?) posted something the other day saying that the Rooney Rule had been updated for 2017 to extend to coordinators too.

Exactly. There was an article in the Washington Post last week that the Redskins had yet to interview any minority candidate for either of their O/D Coor positions. Rooney rule was updated now to include Coordinators. 

Archived