Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Raiders OC Bill Musgrave done in Oakland

Recommended Posts

Contract was up and Raiders let him go.  Lots of OC experience but never ran a top-10 offense before this season.  2016 also his only top-10 passing offense..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

I think they probably will promote the QB coach.  When you have a coach that is a "rising star" you let the next guy up the rung walk so that you can promote from within.  I wouldn't worry much about McCoy.  I don't know what to make of his time in Minnesota.  The Ponder era doesn't make it easy to judge a guy, but their Josh Freeman experiment was a disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm worried now that McCoy is going to gun for that job.

McCoy could be the reason he was let go.  We'll know more when he gets hired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Why change after such a good season?  Doesn't really make sense if he isn't getting a HC job.

Personally I think it's a mistake to get rid of Musgrave , Ken Norton Jr the Raiders DC should have been shown the door.( supposedly staying) .    The Raiders want to promote Qb coach Todd Downing to OC .( supposedly in high demand , but risky as he never called plays in his life.

Never hurts to be friends with the franchise Qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pcola said:

McCoy could be the reason he was let go.  We'll know more when he gets hired.

McCoy is said to be going with McDermott where ever he ends up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Contract was up and Raiders let him go.  Lots of OC experience but never ran a top-10 offense before this season.  2016 also his only top-10 passing offense..

 

helps to have carr, amari cooper and a decent oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Bill Musgrave fate might have been sealed when Derek Carr broke his leg.   Mark Davis was over heard yelling why are we throwing the football up 19 points in the fourth quarter.  Right there might have cost him  his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

McCoy is said to be going with McDermott where ever he ends up.

That might just be a heck of a team.  Kind of like Quinn and Shanny Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Personally I think it's a mistake to get rid of Musgrave , Ken Norton Jr the Raiders DC should have been shown the door.( supposedly staying) .    The Raiders want to promote Qb coach Todd Downing to OC .( supposedly in high demand , but risky as he never called plays in his life.

Never hurts to be friends with the franchise Qb.

Definitely doesnt. Don't know much about Downing but if it keeps McCoy away from you guys I'm all for him being your next OC, lol.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Also Bill Musgrave fate might have been sealed when Derek Carr broke his leg.   Mark Davis was over heard yelling why are we throwing the football up 19 points in the fourth quarter.  Right there might have cost him  his job. 

That would be silly seeing as the HC would be the one that should be answering for that. Would honestly feel bad for Musgrave if that's the case.  Del Rio should have pulled Carr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

McCoy is said to be going with McDermott where ever he ends up.

We'll there's a chance he goes to San Diego...whiiiiiich would kinda blow that one up, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pcola said:

That might just be a heck of a team.  Kind of like Quinn and Shanny Jr.

WGR 550 Buffalo's Sal Capaccio reports if Panthers DC Sean McDermott is named the Bills' new coach, Capaccio "keeps hearing" ex-Chargers coach Mike McCoy "could join him" as offensive coordinator.

There are obviously moving parts here, but it sure sounds like the Bills have "zeroed in" on McDermott as their next coach. McCoy is viewed by many as the top offensive coordinator on the market. The two have never coached together. McCoy's presence could be a reason Buffalo is leaning toward McDermott. McCoy has done well with numerous different quarterbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×