Melvin Ingram

varjet

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Matthews,Kiechly,Miller arent available free agents. 

That's the question though; is it worth throwing money at Ingram and then drafting an edge rusher lower in the draft, or using money to fill another spot and draft one higher?  That's what these front office types get paid to figure out and we get to critique what they do/don't do.

I am always leery of guys who have 'career' seasons at contract time.  Makes me worried they only put in the extra effort when the reward is highest for them.  That said, He could put up some numbers here with Mauldin, Jenkins, Lee, WIlkerson, Williams, etc....

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

That's the question though; is it worth throwing money at Ingram and then drafting an edge rusher lower in the draft, or using money to fill another spot and draft one higher?  That's what these front office types get paid to figure out and we get to critique what they do/don't do.

I am always leery of guys who have 'career' seasons at contract time.  Makes me worried they only put in the extra effort when the reward is highest for them.  That said, He could put up some numbers here with Mauldin, Jenkins, Lee, WIlkerson, Williams, etc....

We need a playmaker dominant force LB on this defense. 

29 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't follow the NFL close enough but hasn't it been injuries holding Ingram back. And When healthy he's been an impact guy?

He was hurt a bit early, but had a big 2015.  He took a (small) step back last year.  The Chargers used the 5th year option on him last season.  They probably don't feel robbed, but I doubt they are looking to extend him at that much per.  Who knows?

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If we knew how to draft wed have ingram on one side and beasley on the other.  Imagine that?

Where is Coples anyways?

How sad is that? The jets pick 2 spots ahead is now out of the league looking for a job. And here we are discussing if the guy we should've drafted will be available. Classic.

The Jets would be crazy to give him a big time contract.  What could work is a guarantee of some sorts and then incentives for games played, sacks, pro bowl, PFF rating, etc.

If it were my money, I would be very wary of giving too much to any of these players, and for all of his faults Woody has been burned enough.

3 hours ago, 21nikian said:

If we're spending big amount of money at LB I would rather sign Jamie Collins to replace Harris.

I'd expect the Browns to throw big money at him and keep. But given the depth of edge rushers in this draft, (which is extremely rare) I'd rather us draft an edge rusher in the first two rounds, and sign Jamie Collins to replace Harris. 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'd expect the Browns to throw big money at him and keep. But given the depth of edge rushers in this draft, (which is extremely rare) I'd rather us draft an edge rusher in the first two rounds, and sign Jamie Collins to replace Harris. 

Exactly

Ingram was awful his first two years I'd rather get more of a sure thing like Collins and use both the first and second round picks on edge rushers

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Exactly

Ingram was awful his first two years I'd rather get more of a sure thing like Collins and use both the first and second round picks on edge rushers

so should we target the Coples type or the Gholston type this time around? 

18 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

How sad is that? The jets pick 2 spots ahead is now out of the league looking for a job. And here we are discussing if the guy we should've drafted will be available. Classic.

Where is Justin Blackmon?  Where is Trent Richardson?  

Hell, where is Mark Barron?  He was the can't miss player in that draft.  I believe Mayock said his floor and ceiling were the same thing - pro bowl safety.  The Bucs managed to trade him for a 4th and 6th and he couldn't even start for the Rams.  They moved him to OLB when Ogletree broke his leg and then gave him a big contract to play OLB.  Talk about "hold me closer tiny linebacker"...

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Where is Justin Blackmon?  Where is Trent Richardson?  

Hell, where is Mark Barron?  He was the can't miss player in that draft.  I believe Mayock said his floor and ceiling were the same thing - pro bowl safety.  The Bucs managed to trade him for a 4th and 6th and he couldn't even start for the Rams.  They moved him to )LB when Ogletree broke his leg and then gave him a big contract to play OLB.  Talk about "hold me closer tiny linebacker"...

Barron had a GREAT season at LB.  Better than any season he had as S, IMO.

Archived