Bowles Continues Assembling Defensive Staff, Hires DB Coach Dennard Wilson

JetNation

IMG_2042.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

With their search for an offensive coordinator still in progress, Jets head coach Todd Bowles filled another vacancy on his defensive staff today by bringing in defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson, who will be leaving the Rams where he served in the same position.

Wilson was rumored to be on his way to Cleveland with Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, but it appears that move didn’t materialize.

Wilson has five seasons of pro coaching experience, with each of the past two seasons being with the Rams’ defensive backs.  Prior to that he served as a scout for the Chicago Bears (2008-2011) after he was forced to retire from the NFL due a knee injury in 2004.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
tD9fTw9l5N8

Click here to read the full story...

Interesting that this guy used to be a scout too, and a CB before that... He seems pretty well respected... Not the most experienced guy in terms of coaching, but hey, the Rams were solid in the secondary last year... Lets see what happens! 

WilsonCoachCard062215.jpg

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So people who can't make the cut for the Browns now go to the Jets...what a time to be alive

I'll be happy if we can grab a few young under the radar corners in FA..coach em up' to be solid starters. Besides Burris i honestly don't care to see a single corner from 16' back in a Jet uni.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'll be happy if we can grab a few young under the radar corners in FA..coach em up' to be solid starters. Besides Burris i honestly don't care to see a single corner from 16' back in a Jet uni.

Well, we've got 3 youngsters all under 24 for him to start with and 3 vets he can see if he can salvage . Then there's Mcdougle  .

49 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Interesting that this guy used to be a scout too, and a CB before that... He seems pretty well respected... Not the most experienced guy in terms of coaching, but hey, the Rams were solid in the secondary last year... Lets see what happens! 

WilsonCoachCard062215.jpg

Was he required to interview a white guy before the hire? :)

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

JUst an example of that previous thread. For no logical reason, Jets fans stray to the negative

Negative?  Two years ago this so-called defensive guru hand picked his coaching staff.  The defense has since sucked, and now he's picking his next dream team.  Since when does not being oblivious equate to negativity? Give me a friggin' break.

Archived