Patrick Mahomes will be there at 6

joewilly12

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

New York Daily News was showing this guy as a target for Giants in 2nd round. 6th a little too high for him or am I wrong?

Fib we need a QB we reached for Hack and he never saw the field this kid is 100x better than Hack. 

Forget Watson,Kizer,Trubiskythey will be gone by the time we pick 6 

I don't want another project. And I'm tired of drafting them every year. We can get a vet Qb out of free agency for free who will be game ready to play. We have to spend these picks on the infrastructure. I trade back with the overall 6 and draft two good players with that choice. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt it. 

I would bet he will be available at 38 when we pick.  70 could be a stretch.  It will all depend on what we do in FA.  IF we were to go after Tyrod or Glennon, we won't be picking Mahomes in the 1st or 2nd, that's for sure!

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would bet he will be available at 38 when we pick.  70 could be a stretch.  It will all depend on what we do in FA.  IF we were to go after Tyrod or Glennon, we won't be picking Mahomes in the 1st or 2nd, that's for sure!

Very true we sign Taylor or Glennon :o and then the Giants will draft him and he will turn out to be a superstar and win them multiple Super Bowls its how it works. 

Seriously? Was expecting much more from that highlight tape. 95% of his trows were to receivers without any defenders in a 10 yard radius. He also holds the ball in one hand, at waist level both inside the pocket AND passed the line of scrimmage when he takes off. The only record he would be breaking is whatever fumble record that Sanchez or Geno hold. I'd take him maybe in the 4th or 5th round.....maybe. 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Seriously? Was expecting much more from that highlight tape. 95% of his trows were to receivers without any defenders in a 10 yard radius. He also holds the ball in one hand, at waist level both inside the pocket AND passed the line of scrimmage when he takes off. The only record he would be breaking is whatever fumble record that Sanchez or Geno hold. I'd take him maybe in the 4th or 5th round.....maybe. 

He hits WR's and completes passes unlike the guy we drafted last year in the 2nd round who i hope to God turns out to the real deal but nothing gives me hope. 

10 minutes ago, tfine said:

Enough already. The guy hasn't even started an NFL game yet. Give it a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Enough already? Hmm I'm using Hack as a tool for a debate that we need a QB until the Jets secure a QB nothing else matters. So you are ok with going into next season with Hack and Petty as the only QB's on the roster? lets hear your plan Mr/Mrs Enough Already.........

Other have started threads for Watson,kizer and Mayfield and have ridiculed Hack have you told them enough already? 

This would be fun. Seems like a clean prospect with tools and a knack for playing the position but raw. No proven QB on the roster yet. Would be especially fun in the second round.

I kind of hope Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, and Mahomes all end up going in the top 10 of the draft though.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Enough already? Hmm I'm using Hack as a tool for a debate that we need a QB until the Jets secure a QB nothing else matters. So you are ok with going into next season with Hack and Petty as the only QB's on the roster? lets hear your plan Mr/Mrs Enough Already.........

Other have started threads for Watson,kizer and Mayfield and have ridiculed Hack have you told them enough already? 

Hack and Petty as only QBs on the roster > Brandon Shell as only T on the roster 

46 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The Big 12 doesnt know you're allowed to play Defense.  It's the most ridiculous conference in the NCAA.  

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Big 12 doesnt know you're allowed to play Defense.  It's the most ridiculous conference in the NCAA.  

Further to your point, Big 12 schools and their national defensive rankings out of 128 teams.

51 - Kansas State

73 - TCU

74 - West Virginia

81 - Baylor

82 - Oklahoma

92 - Oklahoma State

94 - Texas

102 - Iowa State

109 - Kansas

128 - Texas Tech

You won't mistake any of these teams with Alabama.

Never scout from highlight reels, those arent really worth watching.  Not trying to be a jerk by saying that but you'll get more out of watching an 11 minute video where they show every pass play he had in a single game than you will out of a highlight film. You need to see the bad things too.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Fib we need a QB we reached for Hack and he never saw the field this kid is 100x better than Hack. 

Forget Watson,Kizer,Trubiskythey will be gone by the time we pick 6 

You think all 3 of those QB's will really be gone by the time we pick at 6? I can't see that.

I hope you're right though cause I dont really like either of the 3 at pick 6. I'd be interested in Watson or Turbinsky in round 2 but I doubt either will be there. But if thats the case and all 3 are gone when we pick we should have our choice of a real good talent being on the board when we pick then.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The point is the Jets need a QB without a QB nothing else matters. 

they need a qb but it makes no sense for them draft a guy at a significantly high position.  and how can they justify picking a guy who has never taken a snap from under center?  they had two in petty and geno.  also, if this guy can be the starter from his first season then it makes less sense to use a high pick.

Archived