Patrick Mahomes will be there at 6

joewilly12

On 1/11/2017 at 9:59 PM, Rangers9 said:

I don't want another project. And I'm tired of drafting them every year. We can get a vet Qb out of free agency for free who will be game ready to play. We have to spend these picks on the infrastructure. I trade back with the overall 6 and draft two good players with that choice. 

Sounds like the philosophy of the Cleveland Browns. How's that working out for them?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You obviously haven't watched one minute of tape on Mahomes, and are just basing what he can, and can't do on the offensive system he played in.  After reading this post you officially lost all credibility in evaluating a QB, he has the best anticipation in this draft watch the tape, he checks out of plays at the line of scrimmage watch the tape, he scans the field NOT locking in on just his first read when covered watch the tape, he also looks off defenders, and makes no look passes to free up his WR's to gain huge YAC watch the tape.
Stop spewing Graham Harrell's scouting report, and the air raids offensive philosophies, and assuming that Mahomes is just a Harrell clone without watching the tape, your really coming off foolish.

Not only do I think you're watching someone else (cause so much of what you said is just flat out wrong or not what's happening on film) but you also know me better than this. You know I'm not just regurgitating some jack off scouting report. You know I'm a complete loser nerd for watching college games on players... You're being overly confrontational, deliberately ignoring what you know to be true about me. So, if that's the way you're gonna be, go fck yourself. I'm not gonna waste my time talking to some ashole who I've been exchange draft viewpoints with for 5-6 years, who suddenly pretends like I'm someone else.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Not only do I think you're watching someone else (cause so much of what you said is just flat out wrong or not what's happening on film) but you also know me better than this. You know I'm not just regurgitating some jack off scouting report. You know I'm a complete loser nerd for watching college games on players... You're being overly confrontational, deliberately ignoring what you know to be true about me. So, if that's the way you're gonna be, go fck yourself. I'm not gonna waste my time talking to some ashole who I've been exchange draft viewpoints with for 5-6 years, who suddenly pretends like I'm someone else.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude this is a scouting report on Pat Mahomes from an NFL draft scout, and your literally making personal attacks on me when I say your losing credibility by saying Mahomes can't do any of these things that a Pro Draft Scout lists as all of his strengths (I don't need to read this scouting report to know everything it says I saw it with my own eyes months ago), it would be one thing if you said yeah kid is physically good, but I just don't see him working out as an NFL QB because he just has to much to learn as far as the pro game is concerned, running a huddle ect. but you just flat out dismiss the blatant obvious talents of this kid, and whether it's your personal opinion from watching him instead of just spewing the Air Raid assumptions then I really don't know what your watching, and yes I can't take you seriously based on your over the top attempts to say this kid is a worse version of Bryce Petty type project.

While it may seem I'm being overly confrontational on this subject, I'm not, I'm just calling you out on your blatant over the top agenda to dismiss this kid as a prospect.  Anyways yes you are a draft nerd like myself, and I usually respect your opinions on players, and your stance, and I probably shouldn't have said you lose all credibility, but I just don't understand what your watching, I mean everyone else says the exact opposite of what your saying the kid can't do (like I said I don't need another Joe blows scouting report like the one below, I just used it to show that guys who get paid to do this completely refute your stance which you keep arguing against over, and over).

In conclusion I guess I'll just "go **** my self like some a$$hole" on the draft forums, feel free to keep interacting with me about the draft if you change your mind thou I'll be here, but it sounds like you just had enough of me talking about the next young stud to develop in the NFL ?!

Pat Mahomes II,
6-3/219

Quarterback Texas Tech

Strengths:
  • Legit arm strength
  • Has a serious fastball
  • Accurate passer
  • Makes some beautiful touch throws
  • Tough; takes big hits
  • Can make all the throws required
  • Throws a catchable ball
  • Works through progressions
  • Tremendous at making big plays off script
  • Excellent improvisation skills
  • Makes good throws when he can't set his feet
  • Has nice feel
  • Awareness
  • Decision-making
  • Reads safeties well
  • Finds the open receiver
  • Throws a good deep ball
  • Mobility
  • Athletic
  • Moves well in the pocket
  • Can pick up yards on the ground
  • Quick feet
  • Potential for good footwork
  • Pro-athlete pedigree

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dude this is a scouting report on Pat Mahomes from an NFL draft scout,

Isn't that from walterfootball?  IIRC, you posted that before an it is Charlie Campbell.  He is just a writer/draftnik.  I think he used to write for a Bucs blog.  This is what I mean when I think of an NFL scout:  Johnny Manziel’s scouting report from a New England Patriots employee  Not 100% sure it is real, but I would put as much stock in it as a fake as Charlie Campbell. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Dude this is a scouting report on Pat Mahomes from an NFL draft scout, and your literally making personal attacks on me when I say your losing credibility by saying Mahomes can't do any of these things that a Pro Draft Scout lists as all of his strengths (I don't need to read this scouting report to know everything it says I saw it with my own eyes months ago), it would be one thing if you said yeah kid is physically good, but I just don't see him working out as an NFL QB because he just has to much to learn as far as the pro game is concerned, running a huddle ect. but you just flat out dismiss the blatant obvious talents of this kid, and whether it's your personal opinion from watching him instead of just spewing the Air Raid assumptions then I really don't know what your watching, and yes I can't take you seriously based on your over the top attempts to say this kid is a worse version of Bryce Petty type project.

While it may seem I'm being overly confrontational on this subject, I'm not, I'm just calling you out on your blatant over the top agenda to dismiss this kid as a prospect.  Anyways yes you are a draft nerd like myself, and I usually respect your opinions on players, and your stance, and I probably shouldn't have said you lose all credibility, but I just don't understand what your watching, I mean everyone else says the exact opposite of what your saying the kid can't do (like I said I don't need another Joe blows scouting report like the one below, I just used it to show that guys who get paid to do this completely refute your stance which you keep arguing against over, and over).

In conclusion I guess I'll just "go **** my self like some a$$hole" on the draft forums, feel free to keep interacting with me about the draft if you change your mind thou I'll be here, but it sounds like you just had enough of me talking about the next young stud to develop in the NFL ?!

Pat Mahomes II,
6-3/219

Quarterback Texas Tech

Strengths:
  • Legit arm strength
  • Has a serious fastball
  • Accurate passer
  • Makes some beautiful touch throws
  • Tough; takes big hits
  • Can make all the throws required
  • Throws a catchable ball
  • Works through progressions
  • Tremendous at making big plays off script
  • Excellent improvisation skills
  • Makes good throws when he can't set his feet
  • Has nice feel
  • Awareness
  • Decision-making
  • Reads safeties well
  • Finds the open receiver
  • Throws a good deep ball
  • Mobility
  • Athletic
  • Moves well in the pocket
  • Can pick up yards on the ground
  • Quick feet
  • Potential for good footwork
  • Pro-athlete pedigree

You keep mentioning "scouting reports", and "system concerns"... yet i've haven't read a scouting report online on anyone period, for years that i can remember and i've never complained about the air raid system overtly. ever. So wtf are you talking about? 

I watched his games. I don't see a round 1 QB. Or round 2... Maybe if you believe in your coaching staff, round 3. Maybe... "Potential for good footwork"?? wtf does that even mean? I don't see half of this sh*t listed above. Again, i'm not concerned about him like i would be with a broken player like Hack, but he soooo far from being ready to play in the NFL, that round 1 talk is a cosmic joke. 

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You keep mentioning "scouting reports", and "system concerns"... yet i've haven't read a scouting report online on anyone period, for years that i can remember and i've never complained about the air raid system overtly. ever. So wtf are you talking about? 

I watched his games. I don't see a round 1 QB. Or round 2... Maybe if you believe in your coaching staff, round 3. Maybe... "Potential for good footwork"?? wtf does that even mean? I don't see half of this sh*t listed above. Again, i'm not concerned about him like i would be with a broken player like Hack, but he soooo far from being ready to play in the NFL, that round 1 talk is a cosmic joke. 

That's the ticket, not highlight videos that show absolutely nothing . Watch the game, and formulate your own Opinion .

The closer we get to the draft, more scouting reports will come out about Mahomes and the buzz around him.  Here is an article from Move the Sticks with talk about Mahomes back in December:

From sleeper to star? Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes II has yet to announce his intentions for 2017, but whenever he enters the draft (whether it's 2017 or 2018), scouts will begin the exhaustive process of determining if the 6-foot-3, 230-pound gunslinger is a legitimate franchise quarterback or another product of the "Air Raid" system that produces statistical stars with little NFL potential.

When I spoke to an NFC scout a few weeks ago, he told me that he believes the Red Raiders' standout has the tools to eventually become a starter in the league.

Skeptics will certainly point to the fact that the "Air Raid" scheme hasn't produced any top NFL quarterbacks and Mahomes' mechanics (footwork) need some work, but he already has a lot of reps (1,351 pass attempts) and a big arm. While it takes more than that to play the position effectively, Mahomes' size, athleticism and arm talent definitely piques the interest of scouts. Considering Dak Prescott's success as a fourth-round pick, everyone is looking for the next sleeper QB. Mahomes could benefit as a talented gunslinger with potential. -- Bucky Brooks

Archived