Buffalo hires new coach Mcdermott

faba

You've seen Petty play 4 times on a beaten disheartened team, and your done with him?  Wow

I saw clear as day a guy who had no clue what he was seeing out there. Nothing to do with his overall stats, or the disadvantages he had. He clear as day didn't have any idea what defenses were doing presnap or postsnap. He had no idea where to go with the ball. He is not an NFL starter, no way no how

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I saw clear as day a guy who had no clue what he was seeing out there. Nothing to do with his overall stats, or the disadvantages he had. He clear as day didn't have any idea what defenses were doing presnap or postsnap. He had no idea where to go with the ball. He is not an NFL starter, no way no how

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

LIES. He knew exactly where to go with the ball. I suggest you rewatch @win4ever analysis breakdowns. He progressed greatly in those categories.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

He played about 74 plays next year and he got hurt 3 or 4 times. He got hurt throwing a touchdown pass in preseason. I made those numbers up and I am not done with him, but I didn't see anything that says hand this guy the starting job next year.

Here is what Petty has earned. The right to compete next year.

They need to set the bar higher.

FYP.

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Disagree. Start Hack all 16 games next year and I'd say there is a reasonable chance we end up either at #1 or very close to it.

Start Petty - 4-12 and we miss out on Darnold

Start Hack - 0-16 and we get Darnold

Sign me the F up!

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That would be cool if I am right. That will make two years in a row that I was right on the QB position.

What were you right about last year?

Let me remind you, saying "no Fitz for X dollars!" does not make one "right".  If makes one half-right.  

The other half of the "no Fitz" argument is, by definition, "start and play Geno" and since we all saw how that worked out.....I'd hold back the planned Back Patting Hootenanny just the yet my friend. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

That would be cool if I am right. That will make two years in a row that I was right on the QB position.

If you were right about the QB position as a Jets fan how does that make you feel

hehe

I was wrong on Sanchez and wrong the second time with Fitz and It sucks being wrong and your team is terrible

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Let me remind you, saying "no Fitz for X dollars!" does not make one "right".  If makes one half-right.  

The other half of the "no Fitz" argument is, by definition, "start and play Geno" and since we all saw how that worked out.....I'd hold back the planned Back Patting Hootenanny just the yet my friend. 

I am not getting into it all again. It is old news. I was right that Fitz wouldn't be worth it. That has nothing to do with Geno.

But we are on to bigger and better things now. Sign Tyrod (hopefully he gets cut) and let's get this team back to the playoffs!

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The thought was getting the top pick to get the QB from USC.

Getting a top 3 pick doesn't get you him.

If the Jets get Tyrod Taylor, they will win 10 games, maybe more, next season.

Bills won 7 last year with Taylor and are better at every position, and Bowles is as bad as Rex. Why would Taylor win 3 more next year under those circumstances?

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Bills won 7 last year with Taylor and are better at every position, and Bowles is as bad as Rex. Why would Taylor win 3 more next year under those circumstances?

Rex is a terrible coach, many years in a row without the playoffs. Bowles in his 3rd year and Tyrod in his 3rd year as starter, both still getting better.

Plus we are talking about next years team, so the product the Jets had on the field this year doesn't apply.

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am not getting into it all again. It is old news.

Agreed.  Both sides were dead wrong, so moving forward is best for us all.

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

But we are on to bigger and better things now. Sign Tyrod (hopefully he gets cut) and let's get this team back to the playoffs!

Nice to see things never change my friend.

Typod wont be available, and pass on him if he is, he's not the answer.

Unless you're looking for someone to replace Forte at RB.

21 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't want to go with Petty because I have seen him play.

I don't want to go with Hack because they were afraid to let him see us play.

They need a new starting QB. There is no way we are getting the # 1 pick next season.

how quickly we forget....

rich kotite was 3-13 before he was 1-15.   

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.  Both sides were dead wrong, so moving forward is best for us all.

Nice to see things never change my friend.

Typod wont be available, and pass on him if he is, he's not the answer.

Unless you're looking for someone to replace Forte at RB.

But if the Jets don't sign Tyrod or if he isn't cut, I can say I had the answer all next off-season. You know when I am defending Bowles after a 5 and 11 2017. It would have been different if Tyrod was in town. :)

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

But if the Jets don't sign Tyrod or if he isn't cut, I can say I had the answer all next off-season. You know when I am defending Bowles after a 5 and 11 2017. It would have been different if Tyrod was in town. :)

Lol.:lol:

Sad that all we Jets fans seem to have of late is woulda, coulda, shoulda's.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Rex is a terrible coach, many years in a row without the playoffs. Bowles in his 3rd year and Tyrod in his 3rd year as starter, both still getting better.

Plus we are talking about next years team, so the product the Jets had on the field this year doesn't apply.

I can't argue Rex, he is awful. But I personally feel that Bowles is about as bad as Rex is. I also think its going to be hard to fix so many problems in one year. In fact, I can see a scenario where we get worse talent wise rather than better. I personally hope we do, because if we get better, it likely means we overspent in FA, which IMO would be a disaster.

30 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I can't argue Rex, he is awful. But I personally feel that Bowles is about as bad as Rex is. I also think its going to be hard to fix so many problems in one year. In fact, I can see a scenario where we get worse talent wise rather than better. I personally hope we do, because if we get better, it likely means we overspent in FA, which IMO would be a disaster.

If the roster gets worse than Tyrod's 10 win maybe more performance will be that much more impressive. Coach of the year for Todd as well.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, faba said:

The Bills ended their latest head-coaching search Wednesday, agreeing to hire Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott to succeed the fired Rex Ryan.

McDermott, 42, was one of four coaches to interview for the Bills' vacancy, along with interim coach Anthony Lynn, Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin and Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

McDermott had interviewed for a second time with Buffalo ownership on Wednesday in Boca Raton, Florida.

iew image on Twitte
. Both Whaley and Ryan reported directly to owner Terry Pegula.

In recent days, sources said McDermott had received encouraging answers to his questions about the team's front-office structure and how it would work day-to-day if he took the job. McDermott is not seeking "control," sources said, as much as he is seeking specifics about who's responsible for what and how they'll all work together.

McDermott's likely defensive coordinator in Buffalo will be Panthers linebackers coach Al Holcomb, a source told ESPN's Schefter.

The Jet game blew any chance Lynn had

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

There are no winners when it comes to the Jets and the QB position.  Namath, O'Brien, Vinny in '98, Chad in '02, and Favre for the first 11 games of '08.  Those are the only times we've had a QB we can be proud of on this team. 

And many of us weren't alive for Namath or were even fans until after the O'Brien era (I was 6 when he played his final snaps with the Jets). 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are no winners when it comes to the Jets and the QB position.  Namath, O'Brien, Vinny in '98, Chad in '02, and Favre for the first 11 games of '08.  Those are the only times we've had a QB we can be proud of on this team. 

And many of us weren't alive for Namath or were even fans until after the O'Brien era (I was 6 when he played his final snaps with the Jets). 

True Story I hung a Ken O'Brien poster on my wall in college and got crap for it. Little did I know how much worse it was going to get.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

I love your light hearted posting style and sense of humor, its awesome!

There are a lot of things more serious than Jets football.  Also, if you're going to root for a bad franchise, you have to have a great sense of humor.  Anyone who went to Lions games that year they went 0-16 noted that the Lions fans there were some of the funniest people you'd ever talk to.  There's a reason for that.  The ones who stick around need a good coping mechanism!

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are a lot of things more serious than Jets football.  Also, if you're going to root for a bad franchise, you have to have a great sense of humor.  Anyone who went to Lions games that year they went 0-16 noted that the Lions fans there were some of the funniest people you'd ever talk to.  There's a reason for that.  The ones who stick around need a good coping mechanism!

Very good point. And I am not saying I don't get mad at football, because I do. But I have to have fun and laugh in every aspect of my life. If it isn't fun, it isn't worth it.

Life is far too short.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

True Story I hung a Ken O'Brien poster on my wall in college and got crap for it. Little did I know how much worse it was going to get.

Max...I remember the 1986 season when the Jets were 10-1, O'Brien, was lighting it up, and many Jet fans were saying that they were smart to take O'Brien over Marino. That was my 7th year as a season ticket holder. 30 years later, I,m still very confused.:D

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Max...I remember the 1986 season when the Jets were 10-1, O'Brien, was lighting it up, and many Jet fans were saying that they were smart to take O'Brien over Marino. That was my 7th year as a season ticket holder. 30 years later, I,m still very confused.:D

That was my junior year in high school. I brought a TV to a wrestling practice we had one Sunday, the coach let me. The confusion gets worse and worse haha.

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

amazingly we never won a playoff game Ken played in.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know it seems like we are the worst but we aren't that bad especially the last 20 years or so.  we stunk in the 70s, stunk from about 87-96 but we were very good from 97-11.  recently we have gotten bad again but it's nothing like the pre Parcells 90s.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Bowles isn't half the coach Rex was.

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

At least we can say they have the same number of Super Bowl wins.  Though maybe WITH Marino history would have been very different for us.  So many "what could have been" moments for this franchise, it's truly mind-boggling.  For simply bad franchises that isn't really the case.  No franchise in football has had so many opportunities to succeed and yet so many whiffs. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

At least we can say they have the same number of Super Bowl wins.  Though maybe WITH Marino history would have been very different for us.  So many "what could have been" moments for this franchise, it's truly mind-boggling.  For simply bad franchises that isn't really the case.  No franchise in football has had so many opportunities to succeed and yet so many whiffs. 

Not to ruin your day, but think of it this way. Within 4 short years, the Jets passed on 2 Hall of Famers, Anthony Munoz is 1980, and Marino in 1983. Not just Pro Bowl guys, but Hall of Fame! That takes tremendous talent, if nothing else.

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not to ruin your day, but think of it this way. Within 4 short years, the Jets passed on 2 Hall of Famers, Anthony Munoz is 1980, and Marino in 1983. Not just Pro Bowl guys, but Hall of Fame! That takes tremendous talent, if nothing else.

guillotine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Archived