Buffalo hires new coach Mcdermott

faba

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Not to ruin your day, but think of it this way. Within 4 short years, the Jets passed on 2 Hall of Famers, Anthony Munoz is 1980, and Marino in 1983. Not just Pro Bowl guys, but Hall of Fame! That takes tremendous talent, if nothing else.

we also passed on Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith a few years later

in 83 we selected a QB before Marino

in 85 we selected a WR before Rice(though Toon was really good before concussions derailed his career)

in 90 we selected a RB before Emmitt Smith(to be fair, had Dallas had our pick they would have taken Blair Thomas too).

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I agre, he is much skinnier than Rex size wise. But I do think they both suck as a coach. Debating which one sucks more is not something that overly excites me.

one coach had his teams overachieving the majority of his seasons, the other is 2 for 2 in underachieving teams.

Just now, nyjunc said:

one coach had his teams overachieving the majority of his seasons, the other is 2 for 2 in underachieving teams.

You love Rex, I get it, but I could not disagree more with you on him, I think he sucks. I am not going to convince you, and you are not going to convince me. He is done coaching and will likely never coach again. None of us have to worry about it anymore, he cannot hurt us.

24 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rex's 2 years in Buffalo. That's why they fired him

rex's team overachieved in 2016, they are a dysfunctional franchise which is why he was fired.  they haven't had a coach last more than 3 years since Marv Levy.  

25 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

You love Rex, I get it, but I could not disagree more with you on him, I think he sucks. I am not going to convince you, and you are not going to convince me. He is done coaching and will likely never coach again. None of us have to worry about it anymore, he cannot hurt us.

I wish he could hurt us like he did becoming the only HC in NYJ history to have us playing for 2 SBs.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

The least ugly girl in a class full of ugly girls is not pretty.

I hope you have enjoyed the bowles years then.  it's mind boggling how we cannot appreciate any success we have.  I am not asking to build a statue but just some appreciation.  I had so much fun w/ those runs.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I hope you have enjoyed the bowles years then.  it's mind boggling how we cannot appreciate any success we have.  I am not asking to build a statue but just some appreciation.  I had so much fun w/ those runs.

I had fun in 09 and 10 too, they were probably the most fun consecutive years in my fandom. But I am also able to recognize how he single handedly took that team and destroyed it in an order to try to rebuild the 85 Bears, mostly because he was embarrassed that Sanchez and the O had to bail them out of so many games in 10. He had a young QB in Sanchez showing some promise, he lets the Oline go to crap, and allowed Sanchez's two favorite WR's go and put two garbage out of football a year later WR's in their place. Claiming they had no money. Yet, they chased hard after Namdi which was completely unnecessary, but was all about Rex trying to build the best Defense ever. Which he badly failed to do. Then from that point on, its been a sh*t show with him ever since. He took a 9-7 team that he claimed underachieved, and managed a 14-15 record in two years. The guy is not a good HC, he lacks discipline, ability to hire a good staff, ability to hold players and coaches accountable. He is an average at best DC, that is it. He is like anyone else, give him a great team, he will win some games, give him a bad team, he sucks. He does not lift the talent of the team one bit, in fact in Buffalo he lowered it. He is a clown and an unnecessary distraction, and blames everyone else for his shortcomings except himself.

Happy now? You baited me into a discussion I said I had no interest in. Congrats.

On 1/13/2017 at 5:23 PM, NoBowles said:

I had fun in 09 and 10 too, they were probably the most fun consecutive years in my fandom. But I am also able to recognize how he single handedly took that team and destroyed it in an order to try to rebuild the 85 Bears, mostly because he was embarrassed that Sanchez and the O had to bail them out of so many games in 10. He had a young QB in Sanchez showing some promise, he lets the Oline go to crap, and allowed Sanchez's two favorite WR's go and put two garbage out of football a year later WR's in their place. Claiming they had no money. Yet, they chased hard after Namdi which was completely unnecessary, but was all about Rex trying to build the best Defense ever. Which he badly failed to do. Then from that point on, its been a sh*t show with him ever since. He took a 9-7 team that he claimed underachieved, and managed a 14-15 record in two years. The guy is not a good HC, he lacks discipline, ability to hire a good staff, ability to hold players and coaches accountable. He is an average at best DC, that is it. He is like anyone else, give him a great team, he will win some games, give him a bad team, he sucks. He does not lift the talent of the team one bit, in fact in Buffalo he lowered it. He is a clown and an unnecessary distraction, and blames everyone else for his shortcomings except himself.

Happy now? You baited me into a discussion I said I had no interest in. Congrats.

he wasn't the GM though obviously he had some power w/ Tannenbaum and the franchise began spiraling out of control when Tannenbaum was fired and Rex lost all of his power.  the offseason after the lockout killed us but we knew the window was closing quickly anyway and we'd have to retool.

he is not a good coach is is a VERY good Head Coach.  you don't go into NE and beat up Brady and belichick in the div round if you aren't a good HC.  NE has NEVER lost at home in the div rd other than when we whipped them.  his teams have overachieved all but 2-3 seasons.  he's very underrated b/c of all the talk which, by the way, he does usually to bring pressure on him rather than his team.  all week long before that NE PO game the talk was about Rex not about 45-3 and us.  

You are entitled to your opinion on Rex, I appreciate what he did here.  I miss watching my team play in games like I watched yesterday.

On 1/13/2017 at 5:23 PM, NoBowles said:

I agree that both coaches are bad and do not rate the title of HC.  There is a saying in chess: "A bad plan is better than no plan at all".  As f*cked up as Rex was at least he had a plan.  In Bowles, I'm unable to discern one. 

Archived