48 years ago today...

Flushing Roots

After a sh*tstorm of a season, I thought I'd share one of my favorite Jet videos that should make everyone smile today.

This was our Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa all rolled into one.

Light the cigar (or whatever you smoke), pour the martini (or whatever you drink) and enjoy.

January 12, 1969 will never be taken from us. 

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Related image

I still have the front and back page, but whenever you see the cover pic posted anywhere, they white out the headline right under Namath's picture (myself in the past included): 'Slain Coed Had an Abortion'. Not for nothing, but why the hell would anyone in their right mind put that headline on the front friggin' page under Namath's photo?  It was a conspiracy of hate even then, lol. I still have some pretty rare Jets stuff.  I used to post a SB thread every year for years on two other boards, but then image shack removed everyone's photos who didn't want to pay when they ditched free hosting, so, even if anyone hunted the threads down, the pics are kaput.  Then my old scanner died along with the laptop where most of the pics that I had scanned in were. I'm old, whaddaya want.

Anyway, back page says:  'JETS SUPER CHAMPS, Snell's TD, 3 FG Shock Colts, 16-7', and underneath one of the most iconic pics of Matt Snell ever, 'Jet fullback Matt Snell, head down and ball securely tucked breaks into clear and heads for paydirt  to score in the second period'.  Matt Snell. Sigh.  One of my all time favorite NY JETS. 

We had so much cool stuff that got  misplaced or lost when we moved from Flushing in '72, but prior to that, our stupid basement that used to flood on occasion ruined a bunch of things, too.  Damn it.  

Who still has their Snell poster and SB III record album?  If I ever get out of technological hell, I'll try to resurrect some things. That said, I never forget 01/12/69. It's a Holy Day of Obligation. 

Archived