Report: Jets set to Interview Eric Studesville for Vacant OC Position

JetNation

Studesville.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

Jets fans awaiting any news on a possible hire for their vacant offensive coordinator position finally got some breaking news on the search today as Mike Klis of NBC Sports is reporting that the team is set to interview Denver Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville.

Studesville has no experience as an offensive coordinator.

At the pro level, Studesville has served as an offensive quality control coach for the Chicago Bears from 1997-2000.  Since then, he has exclusively been a running backs coach with the New York Giants, Buffalo Bills and most recently, the Denver Broncos since 2010.

Studersville also served as the Broncos interim head coach for four games in 2010, leading the Broncos to a 1-3 record.

While many Jets fans had hoped for a more experienced coordinator with a track record of some success in that role, the reality of the situation is that with no viable quarterback on the roster and a head coach who may be gone after next season, there will be better offers available to established coordinators.

Hiring a first time coordinator to work with a pair of project QB’s in Bryce Petty, and more importantly, Christian Hackenberg, is far from what Jets fans envisioned when Chan Gailey retired at season’s end.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Z1Up2urpDnc

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players can sense if the coaches are not fully engaged and/or tanking.  My guess is that they sensed the Gailey/Patullo issues which must have been lurking.

The Jets next year could out do the Browns.   The Browns stunk, but you did not get the sense they were in chaos.  The 2017 Jets could be a complete mess.

Just now, varjet said:

The players can sense if the coaches are not fully engaged and/or tanking.  My guess is that they sensed the Gailey/Patullo issues which must have been lurking.

The Jets next year could out do the Browns.   The Browns stunk, but you did not get the sense they were in chaos.  The 2017 Jets could be a complete mess.

Why do you say that? I don't see chaos. I see a young team next year

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Jets will cut a lot of the veteran players and be a younger team. They might/probably will suck, but I don't see chaos

I have no issues with the younger players on this team, which is part of the reason why I believe that Macc deserves more time than Bowles does. But the guy is right in that even though CLE didn't win any games this year, they put up a heck of a fight and scared some teams. There were more than enough games this year where the Jets totally failed to show up, now imagine that next year combined with a staff of coaches that Bowles doesn't know.  

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

I have no issues with the younger players on this team, which is part of the reason why I believe that Macc deserves more time than Bowles does. But the guy is right in that even though CLE didn't win any games this year, they put up a heck of a fight and scared some teams. There were more than enough games this year where the Jets totally failed to show up, now imagine that next year combined with a staff of coaches that Bowles doesn't know.  

But the people who failed to show up were veterans who, for the most part, will be gone.

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets were in chaos this year and down 20-7 at the half and they still beat the Browns in Cleveland.  I don't think you guys realize the difference between the sh*tty side of mediocre and truly awful.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Jets were in chaos this year and down 20-7 at the half and they still beat the Browns in Cleveland.  I don't think you guys realize the difference between the sh*tty side of mediocre and truly awful.

The difference between the Jets and Browns last year was Fitzpatrick. 

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

This, to me, sounds like a team that has its act together, for now.

\http://nypost.com/2017/01/12/tom-coughlin-flexes-jaguars-muscle-and-settles-old-score/

Exactly the type of position that should exist with the Jets, a guy between the coach/gm and the owner with a long history in the league that can see through bull sh*t. 

Archived