Report: Jets set to Interview Eric Studesville for Vacant OC Position

JetNation

59 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Nobody wants this job...

Well... extremely few...

I want the job

i make sure I got five 500 lb lineman, two 300 lb TE flanking, 3 world class 8 ft tall sprinters, and Petty as my QB

whats the play? - go long everybody

fish in a barrel

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's just an interview guys

We already have a head coach that lost the locker room, a defensive coordinator that oversaw the worst defense this team has had in years and now we're interviewing a RB coach (from a team that's had a bad offense the last two years). It's the pattern that's most disturbing. Sorry if you can't see it.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You probably wrote that wikipedia entry!

He may have been given the head job so that McCoy could continue calling the plays.  I don't think there is any reason to believe that this guy can't be a good OC.  He is obviously respected and has worked with some excellent people, particularly on O.  It doesn't mean he will be good, but there is no reason to assume that because he has been an RB coach that he plans to run the wishbone.  

COUGH the OC needs to be someone who can take Bowles' job mid-season when he's fired because God knows Kacy Rodgers can't do it COUGH

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

COUGH the OC needs to be someone who can take Bowles' job mid-season when he's fired because God knows Kacy Rodgers can't do it COUGH

Not necessarily. This would just encourage Woody to partially re-tool leadership. 

That said, Bowles is just like Rex... surrounding himself with pals and guys that can't take his job.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

The players can sense if the coaches are not fully engaged and/or tanking.  My guess is that they sensed the Gailey/Patullo issues which must have been lurking.

The Jets next year could out do the Browns.   The Browns stunk, but you did not get the sense they were in chaos.  The 2017 Jets could be a complete mess.

you mean like 2016 just was, right?

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

This their way of hinting that we will be drafting fournette?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If he's available at 6 we had better draft him because a RB of that caliber would go a long way in helping develop a new young QB Just look at what a dynamic RB did for Dallas and Dak Prescott

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not necessarily. This would just encourage Woody to partially re-tool leadership. 

That said, Bowles is just like Rex... surrounding himself with pals and guys that can't take his job.

I'm ready to fire him now. If he hires some dude he coached with at Ball State once, I'll be extra ready.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If he's available at 6 we had better draft him because a RB of that caliber would go a long way in helping develop a new young QB Just look at what a dynamic RB did for Dallas and Dak Prescott

.Fournette may end up being a stud running back. Did not see a lot of him but when I did he just did not look the same coming back from his injury and that concerns me. Drafting another player that high with injury concerns I.E. Millner.

1 minute ago, Bocajetfan said:

.Fournette may end up being a stud running back. Did not see a lot of him but when I did he just did not look the same coming back from his injury and that concerns me. Drafting another player that high with injury concerns I.E. Millner.

The way the draft shapes up leaves the six pick in the hinterlands, so you're either looking at Fournette or Jabril Peppers, or reaching for a CB. Of those choices, Fournette is the only one you could reasonably justify without igniting a PSL burning festival.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The way the draft shapes up leaves the six pick in the hinterlands, so you're either looking at Fournette or Jabril Peppers, or reaching for a CB. Of those choices, Fournette is the only one you could reasonably justify without igniting a PSL burning festival.

Sat would never let that happen

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty much.

Woody may have blown this.  Maybe he should fire Bowles and start over.  My not firing him and not extending him, Woody basically fired him in January 2018.  Bowles just has to torture us for a year first.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Woody may have blown this.  Maybe he should fire Bowles and start over.  My not firing him and not extending him, Woody basically fired him in January 2018.  Bowles just has to torture us for a year first.

He couldn't really fire him because the job would be even more toxic than it already is. Unless he went out and hired a VP of football ops with some credibility. Which he won't do. Because he's dumb.

Archived