LA Rams hire McVay - another HC gig filled

Integrity28

The Rams are going to be legit next year.  They have tons of talent on defense and Wade Phillips will have them playing at a high level.  A very nice combo of a young innovative offensive mind and a long time respected vet on defense who can help out the young guy.

30 years old. Kinda makes me want to re-evaluate what I'm doing with my life.

Agree hiring Wade Philips as DC is a fantastic first move. I do honestly wonder if a 30 year old HC who never played in the league will struggle to command respect in the locker room. There will be guys on the team older than he is.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Rams are going to be legit next year.  They have tons of talent on defense and Wade Phillips will have them playing at a high level.  A very nice combo of a young innovative offensive mind and a long time respected vet on defense who can help out the young guy.

Plug in "young innovative defensive mind'  with "long time respected vet on offense" and you kinda have the Jets two years ago, no?

Just now, section314 said:

Plug in "young innovative defensive mind'  with "long time respected vet on offense" and you kinda have the Jets two years ago, no?

Yup I was going to say that, except Bowles showed last year that he is fraud in the regard.

20 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

I have a pretty strong feeling if the Jets were to sign Eric Studesville as their offensive coordinator,, this quote will not be appearing in THAT thread.

I never think about backfield coaches.  So I never think about them as OCs

Archived