Reuben Foster

Freemanm

So Roto Rooter, in addition to providing household plumbing services (wait, I'm sorry, Rotoworld) has ILB Foster going to the Jets at #6. I can envision a lot of Jets fans dangling from their ceiling fans via ropes around their necks (myself included) if the Jets go defense again.

https://www.google.com/amp/jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/12/2017-nfl-draft-new-mock-makes-an-interesting-pick-for-jets-at-no-6/amp/?client=safari

Foster would be a great pick, a true leader, a guy who lines guys up on the field and calls the defensive plays, tackles extremely well and looks instinctive out there.  Maybe inside linebacker isn't a traditional position to draft in the top 10 but sometimes guys are just worth it. It's like when a great safety or tight end is there.  Maybe not the most exciting pick but a worthwhile player.

I love Reuben Foster. I know MLB is not the sexiest position but he does it all. He's a leader on defense, calls all the plays, a sideline to sideline tackling machine and has the speed and athleticism to drop back into coverage. The perfect replacement for David Harris. If we can trade down a couple of picks and get additional picks I would not hesitate to draft him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  

Foster's projected recovery is about four months, which is well ahead of the start of training camps in July.

Former Alabama LB Reuben Foster recently had right rotator cuff surgery, a league source said. Teams were informed of the surgery.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  

Foster's projected recovery is about four months, which is well ahead of the start of training camps in July.

Former Alabama LB Reuben Foster recently had right rotator cuff surgery, a league source said. Teams were informed of the surgery.

Ya won't hurt his stock too much. He'll almost definitely be there at 6, but I'd say he's a long shot for the Jets... If they trade down 5 or 10 spots though he might make sense. 

17 hours ago, Barton said:

There aren't 5 players in the draft better than this guy. I'd take him at #6 and not think twice about it.

If we didn't draft Lee, we could draft Foster, who is an infinitely better prospect. If we didn't draft Hackenberg, we could draft Watson or Mahomes, who are also infinitely better prospects.

On 1/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, HessStation said:

Foster is going to be an all pro LB plus he won't win them any games this year. He's the perfect pick. Suck for Sam 18!!!!

Agreed!  I was going to suggest trading down to accumulate picks for next year and then drafting OJ Howard to solve our TE position.  I doubt having a good TE would improve this team that much without a legit QB. 

(side note: I haven't given up on Hack but I also am not counting on him either)

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If we didn't draft Lee, we could draft Foster, who is an infinitely better prospect. If we didn't draft Hackenberg, we could draft Watson or Mahomes, who are also infinitely better prospects.

But dont we often have 4 linebackers on the field? Lee and Foster could start on the inside.

Your point has merit though. Jets will probably see it as ILB overkill to draft another one in the 1st rd when they arent really a true 3-4 defense. 

On 1/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, Persiussa said:

Foster would be a great pick, a true leader, a guy who lines guys up on the field and calls the defensive plays, tackles extremely well and looks instinctive out there.  Maybe inside linebacker isn't a traditional position to draft in the top 10 but sometimes guys are just worth it. It's like when a great safety or tight end is there.  Maybe not the most exciting pick but a worthwhile player.

wasn't farrior a top ten pick?  imo the 6 pick would be rich for a Lb but maybe that's the play if they can't trade down.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

3/3/17, 10:28 PM

Bama's Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick, is being sent home from combine for heated argument with a hospital worker, sources tell ESPN

Reuben Foster was scheduled to do team interviews tonight and team tests Saturday; now scheduled to fly home to Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

3/3/17, 10:28 PM

Bama's Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick, is being sent home from combine for heated argument with a hospital worker, sources tell ESPN

Reuben Foster was scheduled to do team interviews tonight and team tests Saturday; now scheduled to fly home to Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

Hahahahahaha...  I guess his lack of size & immaturity will cost him his top 10 draft position.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

so..are you knocking him for being too small and than saying he has no chance of falling to the early second round?

No .  I fell it would be better to have 1 smaller inside line Backer and 1 bigger inside line backer  who can both run and hit .  Also some coaches will care less about what happened  at the Hospital where no body get physical and concentrate on what this kid did on the field  

• 1 month later...

Archived