The St. Louis Jets?

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I'm with you, could give a $hit less right now. Having said that, I believe the NFL is done forever in STL. They had 2 teams, they lost 2 lost teams, as LA will by the way.

More chance of the Jets moving to London than STL I believe, zero chance for both, buuuuut....

LA has lost more pro football teams than STL. Chargers, Rams and Raiders have all come and gone. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think that it was really true. I just wanted to run it up the flagpole. Jeez.

Yes, because it is not true.

Woody Johnson, knucklehead he may be, is not choosing to devalue his assets by $700 million.

The Busch family is divesting themselves of most of their holdings, so they are not buying an NFL team n or moving it to a market that failed twice already. . 

And that is why you should not be allowed to post utter drivel like this. 

Just now, Kleckineau said:

I wouldnt want them to leave town but couldnt Johnson theoretically sell the team and the stadium rights seperately?

If it could be done the Bills would move down here in a heartbeat with Woody giving them a long term lease.

The BILLS would NOT "move down here in a heartbeat". New local owner so there's no way this happens. He values his and his families lives  too much.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Yes, because it is not true.

Woody Johnson, knucklehead he may be, is not choosing to devalue his assets by $700 million.

The Busch family is divesting themselves of most of their holdings, so they are not buying an NFL team n or moving it to a market that failed twice already. . 

And that is why you should not be allowed to post utter drivel like this. 

Repeated threads about bad coaches, bad quarterbacks and bad owners aren't but this is?

At least it makes for an interesting conversation

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

I know it seems unlikely since the Jets are an established team with no attendance or revenue problems.  But with the jets gone, the NFL could put an expansion team in NY with the owners pocketing incredibly big money.  They'd leave the team name in New York. Nothing, no matter how absurd, would surprise me these days.

On the other hand, anyone screaming for a complete and total re-build will get their wish with an expansion team.

Who said Woody hasn't finally seen the light?:D

As far fetched as this sounds it would be typical of the luck and curse of being a Jet Fan. If the team does move and the name stays and an expansion team is put in place I ask you Jet Fan's what's the difference? If they do what the Browns and Raven's were allowed to do the only thing that changes is Woody and CO are gone. As long as the curse on this team goes with them will anything really change? New Blood, New Ownership, NEW FRIGGIN STADIUM I would be all for it. This could be a good thing guys. Just sayin'.

36 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It would be horrible and depressing, if you hate them than root for someone else.  I've had season tickets since 1978 and I enjoy going to their games as frustrating as it is some seasons.  To root for them to move is idiotic.

I dont think you understand. I don't hate them at all. I wish I could hate them, I wish I could root for someone else. I have been a fan since the late 70's and had season tickets up until the PSL's. I watch every second of every game, and spend time on a Jets message board. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That is why the rumor includes an addition of four expansion franchises.

It's not a rumor.  It's a comedian starting shlt to see how many fools will believe his nonsense.  What insight does a morning drive, cohost to a radio show have?  Jeez, one born every minute.  

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I might actually need a bigger dumpster for the bonfire.  With all the clothes,authentic jerseys,jackets and memorabilia including neon lights, helmets etc. 

Smoke will be seen for miles around my home. 

You could organize a Jetnation bonfire, similar to SAR1"s fake playoff game idea. We would make the great Chicago fire look like a brush fire.:D

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't think that it was really true. I just wanted to run it up the flagpole. Jeez.

You either have an impressive amount of self confidence or a remarkable lack of self awareness.  Either way, one for the record books.

2 hours ago, slats said:

This would be a lot like when my wife asked me for a divorce. It would sting at first but, in the long run, I'd be a lot better off. 

This!

This franchise seems to always be a step behind.  I'd hated to see them go but I wouldn't mind being rid of them.  St. L. sound like the perfect landing spot.

Thanks Idzik :)    

36 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I dont think you understand. I don't hate them at all. I wish I could hate them, I wish I could root for someone else. I have been a fan since the late 70's and had season tickets up until the PSL's. I watch every second of every game, and spend time on a Jets message board. 

It's in the blood!:D

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. The rumor that the Busch family might buy the Jets and move them to St. Louis. It would make sense for Woody given his current situation about going to London and the Busch family have the funds to do it.

This by far is the dumbest post I seen on forum filed with dumb posts

I do remember a rumor years ago that the Jets could move to LA. There was little to it. Now can you see Woody stabbing us in the back like that for a ton of money. I think we all know the answer to that one. But don't they have a contract for the stadium with the Giants. 

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess I had to make it clear that I actually didn't think it was going to happen. I didn't expect such a negative reaction to this.

PROTIP: Carton's a putz and making a thread to discuss his beer-addled ramblings will always end in disaster

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. The rumor that the Busch family might buy the Jets and move them to St. Louis. It would make sense for Woody given his current situation about going to London and the Busch family have the funds to do it.

So you think someone would take a team worth NY money paying half expenses to StL and immediately devalue the team by hundreds of millions and full expenses? Makes sense to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's a dumb idea, but don't put anything beyond that greedy, inept POS Goodell.  If he thinks he could get a $1 billion expansion fee out of having a new team in NY, he'd push it.  He couldn't get that with 2 teams already in NY.

Goodell already worked out Spanos paying $550 million relocation fee to move to LA.  He could easily get $450 million relocation fee for a move to St. Louis.

Also, Woody has debt from building the stadium and buying the team, so the purchase price may be deflated a bit for the Busch family to assume some of those debts.

Archived