The St. Louis Jets?

UnitedWhofans

No way. I would say that the NFL would be idiots to let a long standing NY franchise move to a loser city like St. Louis (there's a reason why three franchises have left), but then again, we're talking about Roger Goodell, whose stupidity level genuinely scares me. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It's not a rumor.  It's a comedian starting shlt to see how many fools will believe his nonsense.  What insight does a morning drive, cohost to a radio show have?  Jeez, one born every minute.  

I wouldn't give Carton that much credit.  It takes talent to be a comedian and he has none.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I run one of the largest NFL Fans sites and you are going to try and educate me on where Jets fans live? Guess what I know where they live and there are tons of them in this area.

This is OT but I was always curious about the geography of where Jet's fans live in the Metro area.

I figured most are in Queens and Long Island but I live in Jersey and I know there are plenty out here.

Seriously, I'd be interested in seeing a map or breakdown of where they live if one has been circulated.

54 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

No way. I would say that the NFL would be idiots to let a long standing NY franchise move to a loser city like St. Louis (there's a reason why three franchises have left), but then again, we're talking about Roger Goodell, whose stupidity level genuinely scares me. 

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. The rumor that the Busch family might buy the Jets and move them to St. Louis. It would make sense for Woody given his current situation about going to London and the Busch family have the funds to do it.

Jets have a huge debt on the Stadium.  Not going anywhere. 

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

I wouldn't give Carton that much credit.  It takes talent to be a comedian and he has none.

Hey, like him or not, hes part of the number one morning drive radio show.  

I dont get it either though

5 hours ago, SMC said:

It's a dumb idea, but don't put anything beyond that greedy, inept POS Goodell.  If he thinks he could get a $1 billion expansion fee out of having a new team in NY, he'd push it.  He couldn't get that with 2 teams already in NY.

Goodell already worked out Spanos paying $550 million relocation fee to move to LA.  He could easily get $450 million relocation fee for a move to St. Louis.

Also, Woody has debt from building the stadium and buying the team, so the purchase price may be deflated a bit for the Busch family to assume some of those debts.

Now think up a good reason that Woody, forget the Goodell nonsense, would devalue his team by moving from NY to ST L.  Give up a top drawing team to become ? For what benefit?  

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess I had to make it clear that I actually didn't think it was going to happen. I didn't expect such a negative reaction to this.

I think starting the thread was fine. It was on the radio, so it is definitely a discussion.

I just took exception to how you portrayed the Jets fan base which is inaccurate.

8 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

This is OT but I was always curious about the geography of where Jet's fans live in the Metro area.

I figured most are in Queens and Long Island but I live in Jersey and I know there are plenty out here.

Seriously, I'd be interested in seeing a map or breakdown of where they live if one has been circulated.

Jets fans are everywhere. I wear nothing but Jets clothes and people say let's go Jets wherever I am in NY or NJ. 

To anyone saying the NFL won't let this happen, you clearly have been paying zero attention to the NFL lately. They let the rams move even though it went against every rule in the book. The rules don't matter. What matters is who's making them money and with a city like STL, which the lack of attendance at LA games has proven that STL is as capable if not more so than LA at attracting fans.

just like STL and San Diego, say your sweet prayers. First it's a rumor, then it's meetings and talk, then next year around this time you won't have a team anymore. 

I don't see the attraction in selling the Jets to the Busch family. First their beer is garbage. Second and most importantly there are enough billionairs in New York to keep the Jets there in the #1 television market in the country.  Automatic sold out home games, rabid fan base. Why give all that up for a city that couldn't sustain 2 franchises already. Woody is already a pariah in New York sports circles, he would villified forever like the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York baseball Giants owners. 

The NFL would never let this happen?????????????

In the Super Bowl era they let teams leave Los Angeles....TWICE.

They let Art Modell move a popular Browns team away from Cleveland.

They are on the verge of letting the Raiders leave Oakland FOR THE SECOND TIME. 

Why wouldn't they let the JETS leave? A presence in St. Louis would be great for the Midwest, and it would probably be great for the Jets, too.

That said, I hope they stay in NJ.

21 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would guess that the new expansion franchise would fill that spot. They are not going to leave NY without two teams.

Wait what?  That NFL is going to expand 4 teams but they're going move an original AFL team to a sh*t hole only to backfill them in NY?

i don't even...

34 minutes ago, mjrose_82 said:

Why wouldn't they let the JETS leave? A presence in St. Louis would be great for the Midwest, and it would probably be great for the Jets, too.

Because of the Jets illustrious history?  

I know. It was hard to type.

7 hours ago, Jetoff said:

To anyone saying the NFL won't let this happen, you clearly have been paying zero attention to the NFL lately. They let the rams move even though it went against every rule in the book. The rules don't matter. What matters is who's making them money and with a city like STL, which the lack of attendance at LA games has proven that STL is as capable if not more so than LA at attracting fans.

just like STL and San Diego, say your sweet prayers. First it's a rumor, then it's meetings and talk, then next year around this time you won't have a team anymore. 

Troll 

55 minutes ago, mjrose_82 said:

Another Dolphins troll. 

Archived