Discussion Topic Bill O'Brien

NYDreamer

36 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Understood, that is why I put IF Mac forces Bill on to the CS. That is another reason why I don't see it happening, especially with Woody having to sign off on it. 

Mac and Bowles are peers. Mac cannot force anything. Todd hires coaches, only Woody can over-ride him. Understand the org structure and you'll see your hypothetical is impossible.

O'brien isn't coming here to OC anyway.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mac and Bowles are peers. Mac cannot force anything. Todd hires coaches, only Woody can over-ride him. Understand the org structure and you'll see your hypothetical is impossible.

If you read my first post you would see I said no way Bill is coming here and I gave my reasons. Then was speaking hypothetically, using the word if. I know he is not coming here as stated in my first post.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Speaking of hypothetical, to you even think it possible that Woody has a "dream list' of say 3-4 coaches, who if became available, he would jump all over? 

37 minutes ago, section314 said:

Speaking of hypothetical, to you even think it possible that Woody has a "dream list' of say 3-4 coaches, who if became available, he would jump all over? 

No. Woody's dream list would be whomever another football mind told him it would be. The man is clueless when it comes to football and likely business as a whole too. 

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There isnt a chance in hell that they go 0-16 or 1-15.  Jeez

There is always a chance. Ok maybe 1-15 is stretching it, but they will be no better than 3-13 if the moron is still here.

May I ask you what makes you so confident?

20 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

There is always a chance. Ok maybe 1-15 is stretching it, but they will be no better than 3-13 if the moron is still here.

May I ask you what makes you so confident?

Because they have better than 3 win talent.  

They need a QB though

Just now, jetsons said:

I know, Bowles is black and Kotite is white... other than that they're both Failures as Head Coaches of the NYJ's.

Actually I wasn't thinking that way.  

Bowles is a HC with one very good season and one bad on his resume. He's not a failure.  Even with a capital F.  

As I said, you weren't around for Kotite.  You don't know inept. 

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

I know, Bowles is black and Kotite is white... other than that they're both Failures as Head Coaches of the NYJ's.

Not even close. Kotite was 4-28, repeat 4-28. Bowles is 15-17. We still don't know what Bowles is as a head coach. There is no doubt what Kotie was.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I wasn't thinking that way.  

Bowles is a HC with one very good season and one bad on his resume. He's not a failure.  Even with a capital F.  

As I said, you weren't around for Kotite.  You don't know inept. 

True story.....was the 1995 1-15 season. One of the home games, we had 4 extra tickets. We left them on my windshield for anyone who wanted them. When we came out from another loss, we had like 30 on there.:D

34 minutes ago, section314 said:

True story.....was the 1995 1-15 season. One of the home games, we had 4 extra tickets. We left them on my windshield for anyone who wanted them. When we came out from another loss, we had like 30 on there.:D

I may have left mine on your windshield.  

What a painful time to be a Jets fan with STs! 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I went to the season finale that year against the fish.  I remember it was actually kind of a nice day and the Jets played pretty well but of course lost (31-30 IIRC).

EDIT: it was the season finale in 1996.  And the fish beat us 31-28.

Archived