how can the jets fix their defense ? ? ?

kelly

They can fix the defense by cutting all of the overpaid under achieving, lazy ass stiffs who quit in week 3, bring in a new HC and DC that actually know how to coach defense and let the chips fall. They can rebuild the D with FA and the draft, by signing guys that actually want to play football, not guys like they already have who are only concerned with their wallets and Hoes.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hire a real defensive coordinator who has half a brain.

That and I think QB's will be overdrafted allowing the Jets a shot at an edge rusher like Garrett Myles or Derek Barnett. If those guys are gone a CB like Marlon Humphrey along with signing Stephon Gilmore from Buffalo would do wonders for their putrid secondary. Drafting a safety is a must as well. I have no faith in Gilchrist or Pryor as the last line of defense.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That and I think QB's will be overdrafted allowing the Jets a shot at an edge rusher like Garrett Myles or Derek Barnett. If those guys are gone a CB like Marlon Humphrey along with signing Stephon Gilmore from Buffalo would do wonders for their putrid secondary. Drafting a safety is a must as well. I have no faith in Gilchrist or Pryor as the last line of defense.

We currently don't have a legitimate NFL QB on our roster without one nothing else matters. 

Gilchrist was a bad signing from the start. Pryor in my opinion will improve once the entire secondary improves if that ever happens.

22 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Cutting the lazy guys, drafting well, fixing our terrible schemes. 3rd and 15? BRING THE HOUSE! COVER 0! ALWAYS WORKS!...

you can design all the fancy blitxzes you want, but if your personnel are lousy at blitzing, you are always a second late.  You need a few guys who know how to do it. It is not generic. It is not all scheme.  In the secondary,  play zzone and keep the receivers underneath  That makes up for a shortage in raw talent.  Keep your hands up on the D front (lots of IINTs are tipped first--we rarely tip anything) and find a lethal edge rusher.  Oh, and get rid of Revis, Gilchrist, Skrine---one of Mo or Sheldon, and probably Harris.

4 minutes ago, jack48 said:

you can design all the fancy blitxzes you want, but if your personnel are lousy at blitzing, you are always a second late.  You need a few guys who know how to do it. It is not generic. It is not all scheme.  In the secondary,  play zzone and keep the receivers underneath  That makes up for a shortage in raw talent.  Keep your hands up on the D front (lots of IINTs are tipped first--we rarely tip anything) and find a lethal edge rusher.  Oh, and get rid of Revis, Gilchrist, Skrine---one of Mo or Sheldon, and probably Harris.

Well, obviously great players help, but good scheming makes sh*t stink less and shiners shine more.

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Well, obviously great players help, but good scheming makes sh*t stink less and shiners shine more.

they do not have to be great players.  I am talking about playing more zone and finding a legit pass rusher.  I do not expect them to find super secondary talent in the off season. They do have to find/draft a really talented edge guy, though, IMHO.  And the point about rushers getting their hands up was more a reference to a little more complete, well rounded  effort on plays. They looked like a bunch of slobs out there this year. We got so few TOs this year, pretty much. 

Archived