So who's the Jets QB in 2017?

Matt39

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Well if Marty Lyons has his way, it will be Fitz and since we still retain the moron for what reason I have no idea, well....Fitzy it is to command us to a 1-15 record

I can't think of a reason to retain Fitz when there are other options available.  Fitz gave us his best in 2015, can't count on that again. Ridiculous, we have to move on.

5 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Well if Marty Lyons has his way, it will be Fitz and since we still retain the moron for what reason I have no idea, well....Fitzy it is to command us to a 1-15 record

Marty Lyons needs a checkup from the neck up. Maybe he doesn't want this team to succeed so he can keep basking in the glory from all he's won here. 

Nice guy, great former player but shut up Marty. 

If they're smart? Petty and Hack. See if either is the goods. Give them a legitimate chance in 2017 with all of OTAs camp and preseason. Best QB wins. If one fails throw in the other. 

If they're trying to save their jobs? Some overrated veteran who will lead this bad roster to 6-10 and out of range of a QB that will be needed in 2018. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they're smart? Petty and Hack. See if either is the goods. Give them a legitimate chance in 2017 with all of OTAs camp and preseason. Best QB wins. If one fails throw in the other. 

If they're trying to save their jobs? Some overrated veteran who will lead this bad roster to 6-10 and out of range of a QB that will be needed in 2018. 

***SPOILER ALERT***

They're not smart.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe Trubisky or Watson?  If it's Cutler though, it's going to be an entertaining year (for all the wrong reasons).

I still can't see Macc admitting that Hackenberg is a bust already, especially for two QBs who aren't necessarily great prospects either. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I still can't see Macc admitting that Hackenberg is a bust already, especially for two QBs who aren't necessarily great prospects either. 

Macc is in an interesting spot w/ Hack.  Does anyone really expect Hack to be the starting QB next year after the way they babied him this year?  Seems like they essentially admitted he's a longer-term project (which I guess in the NFL means "ready in your 3rd year").  Seemed like there was a reluctance to play Petty this year until they were forced into it.  Having 2 QBs on your roster like that seems insane but I guess QB means everything in the NFL so why not.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Either Cutler or Glennon if they go FA. Possibly Tyrod Taylor if he gets released.

The wildcard for me is Mitch Trubinsky. Not saying I want him, but I keep hearing that the Jets like him a lot.

Yes but I keep reading he's going to "friend-zone" us.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Is there a plan there or no

The plan was to start Fitzpatrick in 2016 and keep developing Petty and Hackenberg.  The purpose of keeping four QBs was because the Jets didn't want to throw Petty or Hackenberg in there prematurely.  

Now that they've likely ruined Petty, the plan going forward is to probably sign a veteran QB.  This veteran QB will be benched sometime in 2016 and the Jets will insert Hackenberg, who they will then proceed to ruin.

3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The plan was to start Fitzpatrick in 2016 and keep developing Petty and Hackenberg.  The purpose of keeping four QBs was because the Jets didn't want to throw Petty or Hackenberg in there prematurely.  

Now that they've likely ruined Petty, the plan going forward is to probably sign a veteran QB.  This veteran QB will be benched sometime in 2016 and the Jets will insert Hackenberg, who they will then proceed to ruin.

How did they ruin Petty?

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mac signs Cutler. Keeps Hack on wings learning. Rodgers sat how many years behind Farve? 3? Mac gets to keep his job for another couple years at the least. After a sub par 2017, Mac dumps Bowles and brings in his own coach.  Get the billboards ready for 2018.   

It won't matter if we have a 25 year old Namath under center as long as Ijalana and Qvale are our OT's. Draft some talented OT's for goodness sake. That's our biggest need. Then sit back and watch how all of a sudden Petty and Hack don't appear to be as terrible.

Archived