Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not going to judge Glennon yet but what do the Jets think they are accomplishing if they sign Glennon but bringing in another teams trash who has 0 success in the NFL. 

Glennon will come cheaper than Taylor and allow them to sign other much needed free agents. 

If they do sign Glennon I will support him and hope for the best. 

This move is typical NY Jets, 1000x better than signing the bearded imposter QB. 

Image result for mike glennon pics

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

No doubt dick reads this board

these beat reporters have been reading this board and literally stealing posts for article ideas for years.  To be quite honest, if i was them i would do the same exact thing.

If we were smart and organized our thoughts we could push the agenda in the papers lol

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to judge Glennon yet but what do the Jets think they are accomplishing if they sign Glennon but bringing in another teams trash who has 0 success in the NFL. 

Glennon will come cheaper than Taylor and allow them to sign other much needed free agents. 

This move is typical NY Jets, 1000x better than signing the bearded imposter QB. 

You're not going to judge him, but you call him trash. 

Bowles better make it competitive. This is a major problem for the Jets. They bring in FA's who then come in and run things because the Jets do nor develop their own. A culture cannot be developed when FA cast offs from other teams set the agenda.

The better option is to keep drafting their own. Glennon is not a SB QB. He could not keep Winston on the bench

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just curious joewilly, I have seen you advocate for Tyrod Taylor, so why is Glennon another teams trash but Taylor is not? If Taylor becomes available its because he will have been cut. Glennon isn't even cut, just not re-signed. Winston is a serious talent that TB had the option to draft. It was more of an opportunity selection than trying to move away from Glennon IMO.

Taylor also has had 0 success in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Just curious joewilly, I have seen you advocate for Tyrod Taylor, so why is Glennon another teams trash but Taylor is not? If Taylor becomes available its because he will have been cut. Glennon isn't even cut, just not re-signed. Winston is a serious talent that TB had the option to draft. It was more of an opportunity selection than trying to move away from Glennon IMO.

Taylor also has had 0 success in the NFL.

Taylor has shown he can win games in the NFL Taylor is an exciting up and coming QB on the right team even with Rex Taylor was exciting. 

I havent seen enough of Glennon to say he is equal or better to Taylor, is he. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

As long as it isn't for starter money or starter length. Like a 1 year 7 million dollar deal as a "show me" contract. Anything else is overspending on a QB who isn't likely to be a long term solution or a "franchise" QB like this team so desperately needs. 

Unfortunately I think Glennon, Taylor, Romo, Cutler, aka the group of which I think the Jets will get one of, will all demand much more than a 1 year 7 million dollar deal.

I see no way the Jets go into the season without one of those guys, Bowles and Mac know their asses are done if they don't show big improvement, and I expect them to overpay to land one of those 4. Romo or Cutler would be a disaster, and I think its unlikely that either Taylor or Glennon are every going to be franchise QB's. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Taylor has shown he can win games in the NFL Taylor is an exciting up and coming QB on the right team even with Rex Taylor was exciting. 

I havent seen enough of Glennon to say he is equal or better to Taylor, is he. 

They are very different players. Glennon is a pocket passer, Taylor isn't. If you take away Taylors running ability, he would suck badly. Running QB's get hurt, he can win games, he can lose games, he can miss games. I think Glennon is the better of the two, but both are highly unlikely to be true franchise QB's.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Another teams backup bench warmer QB let me refrain myself. 

So Kurt Warner and Steve Young are both trash based on your logic.

Sounds about right.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Unfortunately I think Glennon, Taylor, Romo, Cutler, aka the group of which I think the Jets will get one of, will all demand much more than a 1 year 7 million dollar deal.

I see no way the Jets go into the season without one of those guys, Bowles and Mac know their asses are done if they don't show big improvement, and I expect them to overpay to land one of those 4. Romo or Cutler would be a disaster, and I think its unlikely that either Taylor or Glennon are every going to be franchise QB's. 

The fact is you are correct and this will probably happen. 

I would rather they draft a QB at 6 and the 3 battle it out in camp. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact is you are correct and this will probably happen. 

I would rather they draft a QB at 6 and the 3 battle it out in camp. 

I think all the QB's in this draft would be a major, major reach at 6. Typical Jets, we have an awful season, and the QB prospects all suck. This team needs to go 0-16 for Darnold next year. We have sucked so long, one more year to finally get the guy would be worth it.

If an NFL team is trying to be good, unless they can start a high round draft pick their budget is around $20mm or so (give or take) for QB1, 2 and maybe 3.

So if the Jets sign Glennon for real money, they are basically saying that they are trying to be good and not rebuild organically.

It also basically admits that the Hack pick was a complete waste, as if they were going to play the sign the veteran game they were better off picking Cook or Prescott lower.

If I am the Jets and want to sign Glennon (and there will likely go the chance of picking a QB high in 2018), I would win the auction but for a short term-like 2 years.   Let him bet on himself for that period, and Jets should hope that Hack or another pick develops before his contract up.

For this team and all of its holes, this year, I like the approach of going with Hack, Petty and a Hoyer type, seeing where the chips fall.  If Hack and Petty can play, its all good.  If they can't, they pick a blue chip next year.  And next year they can sign a vet to bridge the gap.

But a long-term Glennon contract is so, so Woody and the Jets.  We can see it coming.

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets don't have an OC, a system or QB coach and he assumes they'll target Glennon? How about everyone wait until the OC is hired and have an idea what type of offense he plans to run. 

Not always. Shouldn't the OC be able to formulate their offense to the strengths of whatever QB is pegged to start? A good OC would be able to anyway. 

Archived