Dan Quinn Looking like the Coach we miss out on.

Tony The Wiz

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

My how a year has changed everything, just like here right. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/11/29/the-maddening-case-of-matt-ryan/?utm_term=.32e5b1962be4

One year ago you could find a ton of articles questioning Matt Ryan's ability at QB.  Some even questioned Kyle Shanahan sticking around: 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/01/falcons-owe-matt-ryan-more-than-50-million-over-the-next-three-years/

Thing is, Quinn was responsible for hiring Kyle Shanahan.  Would have hired him if he was hired with the Jets:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-dan-quinn-could-bring-kyle-shanahan-if-hired-by-jets/.  

As for the talent, that is the responsibility of the front office to find that talent.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Here's all you need to know about Dan Quinn

He had the MVP at QB playing a in a weak division; the highest scoring offense in the NFL, and led them to 11 wins

Bowles had a journeyman QB playing in a very tough division and won 10. 

Tell me which one was more impressive.

LOL excuse after excuse yet in 2015 when Ryan Fitzpatrick won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL everyone said it was greatness. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Here's all you need to know about Dan Quinn

He had the MVP at QB playing a in a weak division; the highest scoring offense in the NFL, and led them to 11 wins

Bowles had a journeyman QB playing in a very tough division and won 10. 

Tell me which one was more impressive.

one is in a conference championship game while the other couldn't make the playoffs w/ a much better D against a MUCH weaker schedule.

so to answer your question what Quinn has done has been MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more impressive.  he actually looks like an NFL HC.

31 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

one is in a conference championship game while the other couldn't make the playoffs w/ a much better D against a MUCH weaker schedule.

so to answer your question what Quinn has done has been MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more impressive.  he actually looks like an NFL HC.

Not in a league where 11-5 is a #2 seed. Falcons are taking advantage of a very mediocre NFL this year

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

and we couldn't take advantage of a very mediocre 2015 w/ a creampuff schedule.

Once again Matt Ryan >>>>>>>>>> Ryan Fitzpatrick. If you look Quinn and Bowles' defenses, they rank the same this year.

Plus, and I have been thinking about this which might be dangerous, but if we have the worst QB situation in the NFL and the worst roster in the NFL, as said by people on here, how did we win 5 games?

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Once again Matt Ryan >>>>>>>>>> Ryan Fitzpatrick. If you look Quinn and Bowles' defenses, they rank the same this year.

Plus, and I have been thinking about this which might be dangerous, but if we have the worst QB situation in the NFL and the worst roster in the NFL, as said by people on here, how did we win 5 games?

I must have missed all the playoff games Matt Ryan was winning before Quinn got there.

this year they rank the same but we are talking about 2015 NYJ vs. 2016 Atl

2015 NYJ O 10th 2016 Atl O 2nd

2015 NYJ D 4th 2016 Atl D 25th

we had a playoff caliber roster in 2016, it was the worst coached team in the league.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I must have missed all the playoff games Matt Ryan was winning before Quinn got there.

we had a playoff caliber roster in 2016, it was the worst coached team in the league.

That must mean you like Mike Maccagnan as a GM then.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That must mean you like Mike Maccagnan as a GM then.

so far I do.  I expected to take a step back this year, I didn't expect to take 15 steps back but I think that was due to coaching.  I have hope for Bowles and didn't want him fired but he did an awful job this year.

On January 16, 2017 at 2:54 PM, nyjunc said:

Bowles sucks I agree.  I just don't think Quinn is this Jesus figure now because he got Ryan and Julio Jones in their prime

And I disagree about our roster.  The jets 4 qb's were all horrible.  There are backups with more talent than Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hack combined

8 hours ago, thadude said:

Bowles sucks I agree.  I just don't think Quinn is this Jesus figure now because he got Ryan and Julio Jones in their prime

And I disagree about our roster.  The jets 4 qb's were all horrible.  There are backups with more talent than Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hack combined

I am not calling him Vince Lombardi but he's done a very good job there and Ryan and Jones had been a part of one playoff win before this year so it's not like it was Montana and Rice.

we won 10 games w/ Fitz a year ago, we had a weapon like Bilal Powell emerge late in 2015 and then we ignored him until we were out of the race and the games were meaningless.  that's coaching.

bigger than QB play or the O was the D, they should have been a top D and instead they were awful.

Is this stupid thread still going? This isn't about Quinn, its about Ryan and the offense. Quinn is doing a good job, but even Pete Carroll and Bellichick were terrible their first time as coaches because they never had a franchise QB. But that won't stop SOJF's from whining about missing out on Quinn because we all know Quinn would have taken this Jets team with Fitzpatrick to the AFC Championship game this year....

34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Is this stupid thread still going? This isn't about Quinn, its about Ryan and the offense. Quinn is doing a good job, but even Pete Carroll and Bellichick were terrible their first time as coaches because they never had a franchise QB. But that won't stop SOJF's from whining about missing out on Quinn because we all know Quinn would have taken this Jets team with Fitzpatrick to the AFC Championship game this year....

Thank you.....

Image result for hand clapping gif

Take Matt Ryan and replace him with Fitzpatrick and it's a totally different song being sung.

Now that's not to say he's not a good coach, or Bowles is better because I don't hold Bowles in that high a pedestal, just saying I don't think former Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn is the top reason for this offensive heavy teams success.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Take Matt Ryan and replace him with Fitzpatrick and it's a totally different song being sung.

Now that's not to say he's not a good coach, or Bowles is better because I don't hold Bowles in that high a pedestal, just saying I don't think former Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn is the top reason for this offensive heavy teams success.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Quinn got a franchise QB, a top 3 WR, a top 5 RB with an excellent #2.  None of which were available here.  

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Whaaaaa????

we had what should have been best DL in the league which would mask secondary issues.  we weren't properly coached, we had good enough OL, good RBs, very good WRs.  we should have been a playoff contender at the very least.  we were the worst coached team in the league.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

we had what should have been best DL in the league which would mask secondary issues.  we weren't properly coached, we had good enough OL, good RBs, very good WRs.  we should have been a playoff contender at the very least.  we were the worst coached team in the league.

I don't know how coaching led to Fitzpatrick throwing 11 INTs in the first 6 games which led to a 1-5 record.  The coaching wasn't great, but this wasn't a playoff caliber squad when the QB is just awful, the No.2 receiver gets hurt, and Revis decided he'd like to take a year long vacation.

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

And they were on the team with Quinn as HC when they went 8-8 and the Jets went 10-6 with Bowles.

yep, they got better year 1 and then took another step year 2 while we had a weak sched and crapped the bed w/ the playoffs on the line year 1 and were a disaster year 2 w/ playoff expectations.

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

I don't know how coaching led to Fitzpatrick throwing 11 INTs in the first 6 games which led to a 1-5 record.  The coaching wasn't great, but this wasn't a playoff caliber squad when the QB is just awful, the No.2 receiver gets hurt, and Revis decided he'd like to take a year long vacation.

heard of Bilal Powell?  maybe if we used him more we don't throw that many INTs?  and most of Fitz's INts came in that one KC game so that's not why we were 1-5, it's whyw e lost at KC.

On 1/14/2017 at 6:34 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

So to even it out, lets give Bowles an MVP QB and a great young playcaller

How is it that you are getting better as a poster? Starting to enjoy your posts. :)  (And yes, I will regret saying that haha). Just teasing!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived