I still believe the issue is confidence

SenorGato

I dunno, I am confident that the Jets are not a good football team. I am also confident that they will not be a good football team for a considerable amount of time. I am confident that the aforementioned will make me unhappy for a prolonged period of time, a time that will only reach it's duration when 1) The Jets become a good football team and win a super bowl  OR 2) an ageless Margot Robbie professes her undying devotion to me. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

The Jets need to believe in themselves more. 

If you took last year's 10-6 team and have them open the next season 1-5, you need a great coach and great team leaders to hold it together, avoid the implosion, and make a run of it late. 

It's not self-confidence; it's a lack of leadership. 

SAR I

If confidence is the word we use to avoid having busted coverages every other play, or the word we use to prevent WRs from dropping the football or the word we use to avoid having qbs throwing into triple coverage, then yes I want that.

Todd Bowles defensive schemes were absolutely horrific! He coaches like a complete pussy defensively (letting Revis giving 10 yards, to 2 man rushes, blitzes that didn't get close, punting down 14 on 4 & 2 over the 50 yard line. Kicking a FG down 41-0? Take your f*cking medicine man! That was so bad, I'm serious, I own this team, I'm firing him on that alone when the seasons over. That was just unbelievable.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you took last year's 10-6 team and have them open the next season 1-5, you need a great coach and great team leaders to hold it together, avoid the implosion, and make a run of it late. 

It's not self-confidence; it's a lack of leadership. 

SAR I

right.  and you can't have jeadership when you have idiots like geno and sheldon stirring things up.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Herm did make the playoffs twice, and won two games. Just sayin....

I know lol that's why I said it. Herm atleast had fire, and was a good motivator. Apparently Bowles only gets motivated about his Chips ahoy and ice cold milk right before bed.

Just now, TNJet said:

I know lol that's why I said it. Herm atleast had fire, and was a good motivator. Apparently Bowles only gets motivated about his Chips ahoy and ice cold milk right before bed.

Point taken.  I really like Todd Bowles the man, I want even more to like him as coach. He really needs to step it up this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

11 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

See how Dakky P and Aar Aar play with confidence? How Jason Garrett and whoever the Packers coach coach with confidence? It's the real difference maker. 

Which one of them was playing with Ryan Fitzpatrick as his best option  ?

Archived