• Jalen Tabor-CB Florida
    • Leonard Fournette-RB LSU
    • Tim Williams-OLB Alabama
    • Ryan Ramczyk-OT Wisconsin
    • Mitch Turbisky- QB UNC
    • Dalvin Cook-RB FSU
    • Mike Williams-WR Clemson

5 hours ago, TNJet said:

I think the best question would be: Of the 5 teams picking ahead of us, what are the chances they need a top tier RB worse than we do?? Maybe Jax who's their starter, Yeldon? thoughts would be appreciated...

Just the Jags.

Browns have Isiah Crowell who is servicable. Niners have Carlos Hyde who is decent. Bears have Jordan Howard who was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards. Titans have a two headed monster with Derrick Henry, and Demarco Murry. I only see the Jags taking a RB. Yeldon is replaceable. Don't know if the Value works out though when they could have Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at #4 and make their secondary close to lockdown level.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's a great running back, something the Cowboys with a great offensive line, star QB, talented wide receivers, and a future hall of farmer at tight end could afford to draft in the first. It was worth it to them to draft him there because they didn't have a ton of other pressing needs. The Jets aren't even close to that situation. 

Fournette has major durability concerns and he's also mostly a two down back. He has issues in pass protection and he's not really used out of the backfield as a receiver. He has a lot of work to do there. Zeke is a complete back. No questioning that. 

Ironically Carl many knocked Elliott maybe even you how did that work out for everyone who was anti-Elliott.

4 minutes ago, Toua77 said:

Just the Jags.

Browns have Isiah Crowell who is servicable. Niners have Carlos Hyde who is decent. Bears have Jordan Howard who was 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards. Titans have a two headed monster with Derrick Henry, and Demarco Murry. I only see the Jags taking a RB. Yeldon is replaceable. Don't know if the Value works out though when they could have Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at #4 and make their secondary close to lockdown level.

The Jags took some excellent defenders last year and I see them taking a RB or LT if they like the options . The Browns are either taking Garrett or Trubisky  .  The Niners scare me because they might take Trubisky  .   I think I'm leaning heavy towards Ramczyk  the closer we get to the draft .   I am not into Fournette, and there will have to be something wrong with Dalvin Cook for me to dismiss him altogether .

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There's an argument to be made that Fournette isn't even the best RB in this class and his game is not as adaptable to the NFL game as some guys that can be had later. And even if he was, you don't take running backs in the first round because you find one in the third or fourth who can be just as effective and maybe an even better fit for the offense. Not only is it a waste of money and assets, it's not how good teams are built when they're severely lacking talent at positions that actually should be invested in. It's a bad pick. 

It's a sh*tty spot anyway right now. You're gonna reach for one of the QBs or pull the trigger on one of the corners or safeties. Fournette, at least, might be fun to watch on a team that is the opposite of fun.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What does this even mean? I am unable to decipher your language here. Elliot wasn't even an option for the Jets last season. 

Many ridiculed Elliott most likely you after that post because once again the truth hurts Carl. 

I never said the Jets had a chance to draft him, did I? 

You comprende now? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It's a sh*tty spot anyway right now. You're gonna reach for one of the QBs or pull the trigger on one of the corners or safeties. Fournette, at least, might be fun to watch on a team that is the opposite of fun.

For what? Three games before he gets hurt? They have a Forte and Powell both on the books and not going anywhere. I can see a Foreman or someone like that in the third to groom but not a Fournette in the first. I'd be against any RB in the first but I'd be less against Cook than Fournette. 

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's a great running back, something the Cowboys with a great offensive line, star QB, talented wide receivers, and a future hall of farmer at tight end could afford to draft in the first. It was worth it to them to draft him there because they didn't have a ton of other pressing needs. The Jets aren't even close to that situation. 

Fournette has major durability concerns and he's also mostly a two down back. He has issues in pass protection and he's not really used out of the backfield as a receiver. He has a lot of work to do there. Zeke is a complete back. No questioning that. 

Considering I don't watch or care about college ball, I gotta go with public opinion.  Seems the edge goes to Fournette over Zeke.

We're fine at WR.  QB is a clusterphuck, but drafting another QB not ready to play would be idiotic.  Oline, no one worthy of an early 1st. Dline, no need.  LBs, got 2 last year and Mauldin the year before.  

So it's secondary vs Fournette.  Given the hype about Fournette (best since AD), I have to lean RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769553/article/ask-5-which-rb-do-you-prefer-ezekiel-elliott-or-fournette

NFL Shield

wAAACH5BAAAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Elliott or Fournette? 5 execs weigh in (their answers will surprise you)

As we enter the final week of the college football season, it's time to start focusing our attention on the 2017 NFL Draft. LSU running back Leonard Fournette is expected to be one of the marquee players in this year's draft class -- he announced his intentions to enter the draft last month. Despite an injury plagued junior season, Fournette is still viewed as one of the best players at his position to enter the draft in the last decade.

The top running back from last year's draft class just wrapped up an unbelievably successful regular season. Ezekiel Elliott led the league in rushing and earned a Pro Bowl berth in his inaugural season with the Cowboys. So, which player would NFL executives rather have on their roster, Elliott or Fournette? I reached out to five execs to find out whom they would choose. Here are their answers.

Executive 1: Fournette
"Fournette is faster and he can hold his speed longer than Elliott. Elliott was further along as a blocker and receiver at Ohio State, but I thought Fournette made some small improvements in those areas this year."

Executive 2: Elliott
"Zeke is more versatile and would fit in any offense. Fournette is a stronger, more violent runner but there is more uncertainty with him, mainly pass protection. By the way, look at Zeke's numbers vs. Alabama and compare them to Fournette's."

Executive 3: Fournette
"I really like Elliott, but Fournette is an animal. Guys like him don't come around very often."

Executive 4: Elliott
"Fournette is a physical stud, but Zeke is just a better all-around football player."

Executive 5: Fournette
"You don't see guys with Fournette's size/speed combination very often. He's a rare, rare talent. He's the most talented runner to come out since Adrian Peterson."

Summary: That's three votes for Fournette and two for Elliott.

Conclusion: This is one of those debates that really comes down to what you're looking for in a player. I think everyone agrees Elliott is the more versatile player, while also agreeing Fournette has superior power/speed combination. If you want to really want to feature your running back in the passing game, I think Elliott makes more sense. However, if you are looking for a physical identity, Fournette is the perfect choice. Unfortunately for Fournette, he won't have a chance to run behind the best offensive line in football -- that job is already taken.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Considering I don't watch or care about college ball, I gotta go with public opinion.  Seems the edge goes to Fournette over Zeke.

We're fine at WR.  QB is a clusterphuck, but drafting another QB not ready to play would be idiotic.  Oline, no one worthy of an early 1st. Dline, no need.  LBs, got 2 last year and Mauldin the year before.  

So it's secondary vs Fournette.  Given the hype about Fournette (best since AD), I have to lean RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769553/article/ask-5-which-rb-do-you-prefer-ezekiel-elliott-or-fournette

NFL Shield

wAAACH5BAAAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Elliott or Fournette? 5 execs weigh in (their answers will surprise you)

As we enter the final week of the college football season, it's time to start focusing our attention on the 2017 NFL Draft. LSU running back Leonard Fournette is expected to be one of the marquee players in this year's draft class -- he announced his intentions to enter the draft last month. Despite an injury plagued junior season, Fournette is still viewed as one of the best players at his position to enter the draft in the last decade.

The top running back from last year's draft class just wrapped up an unbelievably successful regular season. Ezekiel Elliott led the league in rushing and earned a Pro Bowl berth in his inaugural season with the Cowboys. So, which player would NFL executives rather have on their roster, Elliott or Fournette? I reached out to five execs to find out whom they would choose. Here are their answers.

Executive 1: Fournette
"Fournette is faster and he can hold his speed longer than Elliott. Elliott was further along as a blocker and receiver at Ohio State, but I thought Fournette made some small improvements in those areas this year."

Executive 2: Elliott
"Zeke is more versatile and would fit in any offense. Fournette is a stronger, more violent runner but there is more uncertainty with him, mainly pass protection. By the way, look at Zeke's numbers vs. Alabama and compare them to Fournette's."

Executive 3: Fournette
"I really like Elliott, but Fournette is an animal. Guys like him don't come around very often."

Executive 4: Elliott
"Fournette is a physical stud, but Zeke is just a better all-around football player."

Executive 5: Fournette
"You don't see guys with Fournette's size/speed combination very often. He's a rare, rare talent. He's the most talented runner to come out since Adrian Peterson."

Summary: That's three votes for Fournette and two for Elliott.

Conclusion: This is one of those debates that really comes down to what you're looking for in a player. I think everyone agrees Elliott is the more versatile player, while also agreeing Fournette has superior power/speed combination. If you want to really want to feature your running back in the passing game, I think Elliott makes more sense. However, if you are looking for a physical identity, Fournette is the perfect choice. Unfortunately for Fournette, he won't have a chance to run behind the best offensive line in football -- that job is already taken.

Yeah asking five guys to compare two guys is public opinion and conclusive. 

Just now, Mike135 said:

5 guys (executives) vs a crazy dude named Carl?  Not to mention this poll.

Public and conclusive enough for me.

There are scouts that have Cook ahead of Fournette just so you know. And I'm sure draft boards will have it that way too. There's nothing conclusive about anything until the games are played. Like when LSU played without Fournette often and still ran the ball very well. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There are scouts that have Cook ahead of Fournette just so you know. And I'm sure draft boards will have it that way too. There's nothing conclusive about anything until the games are played. Like when LSU played without Fournette often and still ran the ball very well. 

Cook or Fournette both improve this team immediately. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good points.  Thanks for the info.  As mentioned, I'm just learning about these guys now.  Your opinion will now be added to the mix I use to determine who to root for.  

But damn, this is supposedly on a hurt ankle in 2016?  $hit, who needs a QB?  The way this kid hits holes, he's a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My point is you mock and ridicule others then cant back a damn thing up if it isn't Carl's way its no way and nothing else matters. 

Who did I mock or ridicule? Please enlighten me. I'm critical of players but I don't mock anyone. 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cook or Fournette both improve this team immediately. 

As third string running backs? You know Bowles won't play them as starters. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're severely underating Fournette and to add to it you're also discounting Derrius Guice who will be in the Heisman race next year.

Fournette had a high ankle sprain this year - those things linger but are usually not career threatening, that is why he stayed out of the Bowl game. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is precisely the logic of a season ticket holder, so it's precisely the reason we're going to burn the sixth overall pick on a guy whose effective NFL career will be five years.

Who did I mock or ridicule? Please enlighten me. I'm critical of players but I don't mock anyone. 

As third string running backs? You know Bowles won't play them as starters. 

That's a whole different argument and nothing to do with who should be drafted. 

For what? Three games before he gets hurt? They have a Forte and Powell both on the books and not going anywhere. I can see a Foreman or someone like that in the third to groom but not a Fournette in the first. I'd be against any RB in the first but I'd be less against Cook than Fournette. 

Yeah, I'm not in love with the idea of a RB either, but drafting a left tackle that's being compared to sh*tbag Erick Flowers or another goddamn cornerback, Fournette will at least make me turn the TV on for a few weeks next year.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is precisely the logic of a season ticket holder, so it's precisely the reason we're going to burn the sixth overall pick on a guy whose effective NFL career will be five years.

I realize the logic is faulty, but we're drafting for the next regime anyway. All is lost. Empty the wine cooler.

7 hours ago, TNJet said:

Total garbage with no proof that he is any more ready than Hackenberg. I'd rather draft QB Baker Mayfield out of Oklahoma in the 3rd, he's a proven winner in big games. The bigger the game the tougher he played. Petty, Hack, Mayfield should be our young crop next season behind a rebuilt offensive line. Add Fournette and Powell and we have a revamped young offense and hopefully a competent coordinator.

You're just playing the odds bc most of these Qbs bust. Truth is nobody knows sh*t. until this team gets a ******* QB I'll say take one every year In the first. Bc I've just about had it with this piece of sh*t garbage team. 

Anyone who would want to trade up in the draft would want a premium player, which is what the Jets need.  So for the end of time, we will be reminded of the great player that the Jets passed so they can draft more depth players.

The NFL is a league driven by stars-great teams are noteworthy because of the stars they have at several positions.  Look at the Broncos-Von Miller, Talib, Thomas, or the Seahawks-Chancellor, Sherman, Irvin, Wagner, Wilson.  

Good help us if the Jets trade down and the trading partner picks a QB who ends up good.

The right pick here is one of the future stars-hopefully a premium position.  I am praying that all of the QBs get picked before the Jets pick, because they will feel tremendous pressure to pick one.

22 hours ago, dbatesman said:

That and we just watched the Packers beat the Cowboys with a WR playing RB.  

The Pats have a UDFA carrying the ball.  The Falcons have a 4th round pick carrying the ball.  The Steelers a 2nd.  

It's would be mind boggling stupid to take a RB at 6 overall.  So stupid, the Jets are probably going to do it.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That and we just watched the Packers beat the Cowboys with a WR playing RB.  

The Pats have a UDFA carrying the ball.  The Falcons have a 4th round pick carrying the ball.  The Steelers a 2nd.  

It's would be mind boggling stupid to take a RB at 6 overall.  So stupid, the Jets are probably going to do it.

Come now you are going to totally discount Elliot from this year?  He along with Prescott turned the cowboys around.

The Jets took a non play making ilb last year.  The fact is that the Jets are in a bad spot this year picking 6th this year.  Whoever they take has to have a big impact on the team and a 1st class Rb can have as much if no more of an impact than a safety or whoever else is hanging round for us.

In any case I think you have nothing to worry about this front office has shown they don't care much about the RB spot and seem to prefer old washed up and injured guys in FA.

Also Bowles is the quiet Rex so we are taking defense.

Archived