2017 Mock Draft 1.0 - 5 rounds only

Guilhermezmc

1st Round Pick (06) - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU - 6'1'' 235lbs.

599718854.jpg

Not much to say, BPA and Trubisky will be off the board by the time the Jets are picking. Fournette and Powell duo will be scary.

Alternative Choices -

Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC - 6'3'' 220lbs.

Deshone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - 6'4'' 230lbs.

Jamal Adams, S, LSU - 6'1'' 211lbs.

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State - 6'2'' 205lbs.

2nd Round Pick (39) - Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama - 6'4'' 252lbs

.626013824.jpg

If you don't know about Tim Williams off the field issues you should, some say he is the next Randy Gregory, 1st round talent falling in New York hands on the 2nd round.

Alternative Choices -

TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin - 6'5'' 235lbs.

Dewuane Smoot, OLB, Illinois - 6'3'' 255lbs.

Adoree Jackson, CB, USC - 5'11'' 185lbs.

Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State - 6'0'' 195lbs.

3rd Round Pick (70) - Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell - 6'7'' 315lbs.

10-julie-n-davenport-ot-bucknell_pg_600.jpg

The Jets need help at tackle, Davenport can start day one.

Alternative Choices - 

Marcus Williams, S, Utah - 6'1 195lbs.

Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama - 6'2'' 253lbs.

Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois - 6'3'' 240lbs.

Jake Butt, TE, Michigan - 6'5'' 255lbs.

5th Round Pick (134) - Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville - 6'5'' 248lbs.

621658150.jpg

Maybe one day we will throw to tight ends.

Alternative Choices - 

Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC - 5'10'' 185lbs.

Jamar Summers, CB, Connecticut - 6'0'' 185lbs. 

1 hour ago, Lray said:

I'd say there's a 100% chance Williams falls to the 2nd and not only on account of the off field issues. Would definitely take TJ Watt or Adoree Jackson ahead of him.

There's a 100% chance Tim Williams falls to the 2nd round?  

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

There's a 100% chance Tim Williams falls to the 2nd round?  

For a few reasons.

1. He only plays on passing downs.

2. He's a liability against the run and dropping back into coverage.

3. The Bama D make him look better than he really is because the opposition are tied up with incredibly disruptive players in Allen, Anderson and Co.

4. It's a deep enough class that character concerns will put him towards the back of the queue. 

5. He's not as good as Gregory was as a pure pass rusher so just judging by that standard it wouldn't make sense for him to go higher.

I'd put money on it.

16 hours ago, King P said:

Honestly, I'd take Smoot over Williams. I've watched his tape and have really come around on him. Very disruptive player. If he's available when we pick, I'd jump all over him

True but he disappeared against Michigan. I prefer to judge players based on their performances against tougher opponents.

Barring a trade down scenario, which I am praying for, this is not a bad mock. 

Yes, I believe T.Williams will fall, I believe he is raw as well and may not be the smartest pick for the Jets early in the 2nd round. But hey, that's your prediction and I'm fine with it.

I disagree that Davenport can start Day one. He is a project and is raw. He needs to add strength. This is a weak draft for OTs and its precisely b/c once you get passed McGlichey (who may or may not declare), Cam Robinson (who has his own off field issues) and Ramzcyk (who has hip surgery and will be out for the combine and Pro Days), you have 'project' type players. Not nec. a drop off in talent, but players that have technique and position questions. 

17 hours ago, PepPep said:

Barring a trade down scenario, which I am praying for, this is not a bad mock. 

Yes, I believe T.Williams will fall, I believe he is raw as well and may not be the smartest pick for the Jets early in the 2nd round. But hey, that's your prediction and I'm fine with it.

I disagree that Davenport can start Day one. He is a project and is raw. He needs to add strength. This is a weak draft for OTs and its precisely b/c once you get passed McGlichey (who may or may not declare), Cam Robinson (who has his own off field issues) and Ramzcyk (who has hip surgery and will be out for the combine and Pro Days), you have 'project' type players. Not nec. a drop off in talent, but players that have technique and position questions. 

McGlinchey is returning to school. That's been known for months. It's been posted several times. It's easy to google. He'll be a top pick in 2018. 

Archived