What the Heck is Cleveland going to do

SickJetFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

awww boo hoo

want me read you bed time story make you feel better

Apparently you have no idea who I am, what I talk about, and my opinions on how to get there. 

Pay closer attention.  You'll eventually see how ridiculous you just made yourself look.

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

It'll be very interesting to see what they do with that #1 pick - if they fall in love with a QB, if they go with Garrett or Allen, or if they trade down.  

I think they almost HAVE to take QB with 1st pick.  They cannot risk the QBs being off board by their 2nd pick.  It doesnt make sense to take so many players in 1 year unless 1 of them is QB..   How are they going to expect to pay these guys in 4 years when all their contracts start running out just when they are all getting in their prime.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

That the Jets organization doesn't know WTF they're doing. 

And that the Browns, the Cleveland Effing Browns, are a full year ahead of the Jets in a rebuild.

The Jets will have more wins than the Browns next year I guarantee it

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I think they almost HAVE to take QB with 1st pick.  They cannot risk the QBs being off board by their 2nd pick.  It doesnt make sense to take so many players in 1 year unless 1 of them is QB..   How are they going to expect to pay these guys in 4 years when all their contracts start running out just when they are all getting in their prime.

maybe but kessler did show some ability before getting hurt.  if they pick a qb with their first pick then that pretty much ends his career as a brown.  it's kind of like what happens to hack if the jets use their first round pick for a qb.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets will have more wins than the Browns next year I guarantee it

It's not about wins next season, or even the season after...you short-sighted dinglenuts.  Neither of these teams are going anywhere next season.  A rebuild is about acquiring premium picks, and building a foundation of hungry youthful players and high character veterans... around some combo of the franchise stalwarts of QB, OL, pass rusher and CB.  Sustained success is the goal.  Not winning 5 games instead of 3.  It is a 4 year process, at best.

The Browns are further along.  Just a matter of plan execution.

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

It's not about wins next season, or even the season after...you short-sighted dinglenuts.  Neither of these teams are going anywhere next season.  A rebuild is about acquiring premium picks, and building a foundation of hungry youthful players and high character veterans... around some combo of the franchise stalwarts of QB, OL, pass rusher and end CB.  Sustained success is the goal.  Not winning 5 games instead of 3.  It is a 4 year process, at best.

The Browns are further along.  Just a matter of plan execution.

Which one of these teams playing today spent years of futility acquiring 'premium draft picks'?

The Jets have had a couple of solid drafts back to back. We will have around 50 mil to spend in free agency and high picks in every round. We have potential to compete next season with a good free agency haul and another solid draft.

This whole rebuilding being a 5 year plan thing is nonsense.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Which one of these teams playing today spent years of futility acquiring 'premium draft picks'?

The Jets have had a couple of solid drafts back to back. We will have around 50 mil to spend in free agency and high picks in every round. We have potential to compete next season with a good free agency haul and another solid draft.

This whole rebuilding being a 5 year plan thing is nonsense.

You're right! 

Clearly the Jets can find a QB, three O-Lineman, a TE, an edge rusher, a DT, two OLBs, two CBs, a FS, and a SS in one off-season. And that assumes Darron Lee can play.  And I didn't see anything to make me think he can.

Why didn't I think of that?!?!

Archived