What the Heck is Cleveland going to do

SickJetFan

24 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

They don't have to risk waiting until the 2nd round.  They have the 1st overall and the 12th. 

They can take the best player with the 1st pick (Myles Garrett) and take a QB with the 12th pick.

maybe guess we will wait and see

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I certainly would not but if I could get him for free because he landed on my draft position I don't think I would have traded him away when I have no qb on my roster

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

There's something to be said for waiting on a Qb when you know your roster sucks.  Having Wentz go to war with that roster would be rough for 2-3 years.  Of course, that wasn't the reason they passed on him, they merely didn't have him as a top prospect.  Wentz struggled a good bit in the 2nd half of that rookie year with the Eagles, which quieted everyone who was yelling that the Browns made this huge mistake.  They didn't pass on an Elway-caliber prospect, they just passed on what will likely be a pretty good QB.  They believe they can do better, and decided to take the haul of picks instead of Wentz.  I don't blame them. 

I have full confidence that the Browns will screw up yet another draft and sink their franchise deeper into the depths of irrelevance. That franchise is terrible and cant get out of their own way.  As a long suffering Jets fan, having the Browns around always makes me feel good about the Jets.  Thanks Cleveland. 

On 1/15/2017 at 3:34 PM, SickJetFan said:

With all those picks

If I am jets I am watching very carefully when they do cut downs next summer because they will have to cut some good young players to make room.

The draft picks give the Browns major flexibility. If I was the Browns  would not hesitate to trade up if there is a player I like.  

In fact, I would not be surprised if they traded up from #12 overall for one of the top 3 QBs. I doubt they take a QB #1 overall and pass on Garrett. At 12, they may just be drafting late enough that Kizer, Trubinsky and Watson will all be gone. If I am the Browns, I pay close attention to who SF, CHI, NYJ and Bills like at the QB position. If my QB is still on the board when the Jets pick, I attempt to move up. Browns trading up with the Jets for a QB makes sense for both sides, IMHO.  

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc better be on the phone with Cleveland what can we offer you for the #1 or the #12 pick we need immediate impact players here and now. 

Makes more send for both sides if it was Clevelend moving up to 6, allowing them to take Garrett AND a QB. Browns would still have a ton of selections down the line. Jets would move down but not by much and add a second rounder at the very least. Its a win-win for both organizations- but a trade that probably would not happen until draft day.  

At 12, the Jets would have a ton of options. Top CB, top S, maybe C.Robinson, maybe top Pass Rusher, maybe D.Cook, maybe M.Williams, just depends on who is there, maybe they even go Foster or Cunnigham, depending on what happens to Harris and how the two ILB's grade out. Its a reach until you realize you have a L.Kuechly type LB on your team. 

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

The draft picks give the Browns major flexibility. If I was the Browns  would not hesitate to trade up if there is a player I like.  

In fact, I would not be surprised if they traded up from #12 overall for one of the top 3 QBs. I doubt they take a QB #1 overall and pass on Garrett. At 12, they may just be drafting late enough that Kizer, Trubinsky and Watson will all be gone. If I am the Browns, I pay close attention to who SF, CHI, NYJ and Bills like at the QB position. If my QB is still on the board when the Jets pick, I attempt to move up. Browns trading up with the Jets for a QB makes sense for both sides, IMHO.  

That's 1 option for them but they could also do something else like take Watson with #1 pick because they feel 49rs will then go BPA rest of their draft..they would probably trade up maybe to get impact players but would need a partner.

they may not like any other QB in draft and feel the risk taking Watson with first pick is worth it because they have so many other picks.

which if I were them and I thought Watson could be franchise QB I would do.

Archived