Dak Prescott Will Need Prozac After This Game

The_Butt_Fumble

36 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

Dak just showed the world that he IS a big game Quarterback and Dallas has a bright future. What I would give to have a QB like Dak on the Jets. 

Amazing what a young , strong armed QB can do when he has a good OL.  If Dak was on the Jets this year we'ed be screaming for him to be cut, and to draft Watson.  

I hate this line of thinking, whereby good players are deemed to be certain would-be failures if the Jets had drafted them. 

I'm sure if Maccagnan went for some risky pick that busted, with Williams sitting there, the same comments would still be made: that if the Jets drafted Leo, he wouldn't even be starting because we already had Mo and Sheldon, and he'd probably suck for us anyway.

What nonsense. If a player is good - particularly as a rookie - it's a tragedy we let him slip through our fingers. I say particularly as a rookie since it clearly didn't take years of coaching and development to turn Prescott from nothing into something. The kid was good basically right away. 

We'll see yet what he is long term, but Robbie Anderson looked pretty good as a rookie, despite starting way back on the depth chart and the additional obvious handicap of being on the receiving end of the Jets' QBs even upon moving up. He's another one of whom, had he been drafted by or signed with someone else, people would be saying he'd be cut, unused, and/or terrible if he had the misfortune of spending his rookie season on the 2016 Jets.

It's a load of crap, and a cop out. Prescott is a good QB. If we took Prescott he'd be a good QB, even with the obvious disparity between our respective OLs.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I hate this line of thinking, whereby good players are deemed to be certain would-be failures if the Jets had drafted them. 

I'm sure if Maccagnan went for some risky pick that busted, with Williams sitting there, the same comments would still be madeL that if the Jets drafted Leo, he wouldn't even be starting because we already had Mo and Sheldon, and he'd probably suck anyway.

What nonsense. If a player is good - particularly as a rookie - it's a tragedy we let him slip through our fingers. I say particularly as a rookie since it clearly didn't take years of coaching and development to turn Prescott from nothing into something. The kid was good basically right away. 

We'll see yet what he is long term, but Robbie Anderson looked pretty good as a rookie, despite starting way back on the depth chart and the additional obvious handicap of being on the receiving end of the Jets' QBs even upon moving up. He's another one of whom, had he been drafted by or signed with someone else, people would be saying he'd be cut, unused, and/or terrible if he had the misfortune of spending his rookie season on the 2016 Jets.

It's a load of crap, and a cop out. Prescott is a good QB. If we took Prescott he'd be a good QB, even with the obvious disparity between our respective OLs.

It's just a particularly tortured way of absolving Maccagnan for yet another ****up.

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It's just a particularly tortured way of absolving Maccagnan for yet another ****up.

I think it is an indictment, how many QB's were drafted after hack, made it off the bench and played at a higher level? 

Mac has to admit the mistake or give hack a chance to play and prove the 2nd round value and since Bowles does not report to Mac, hack has to prove it in practice before getting that chance on the field, we will see...

like picking the bad menu item at an expensive restaurant, some eat it out of obligation and cost, some send it back and try again, some do not eat it and stop at the local foodie on the way home to enjoy their meal regardless of cost

Prescott had a great game, simply ran into an all time great opponent. 

Shocked he could do all this without a year as an NFL redshirt. Good to have an OL and a running game, but sometimes you simply have to put a player out there and see what he can do. This is apparently lost on the big brain crew out at Florham Park. 

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sure if Maccagnan went for some risky pick that busted, with Williams sitting there, the same comments would still be made: that if the Jets drafted Leo, he wouldn't even be starting because we already had Mo and Sheldon, and he'd probably suck for us anyway.

Our coach wouldn't have played Dak.

12 hours ago, flgreen said:

Amazing what a young , strong armed QB can do when he has a good OL.  If Dak was on the Jets this year we'ed be screaming for him to be cut, and to draft Watson.  

Now that is just plain ridiculous.

12 hours ago, varjet said:

The Cowboys just lost to the Packers by a nose.

So Mr. Jones-

Don't you think you should have paid up for Richardson?  He may have made the difference in this game.

I doubt it would have made a difference because thems too many of dem hoes in Dallas

In the end it is the GMs job to find a good Qn prospect when you have none and even though I like some of the other things mac has done he EPIC ALLY failed in that regard this past year.  Prescott looks like and has looked like since day one in this league the real deal. Hackenburg looks like garbage so far and if the Jets drafted some guy in the 7th round this year he would be ahead of hack in the depth chart by the end of camp.

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Our coach wouldn't have played Dak.

Eventually Bowles would have played him. Unfortunately he would have lost both legs below the knees because Ben Ijalana even though Fitzpatrick - even with the "brutal" part of the schedule - was sacked at a lower rate than Prescott in 2016. 

Also even if Prescott would have survived our OL he'd have failed because we couldn't possibly rack up 1500+ yds with just a Forte/Powell tandem, and Ezekiel Elliot made Prescott. Also unlike Elliot our RBs can't pick up blitzes and aren't assets as receivers either. Further, we have no downfield pass catchers on this team either. It's the one area we have no depth or talent.

#jetsfanfacts

13 hours ago, BrickzNY said:

Dak just showed the world that he IS a big game Quarterback and Dallas has a bright future. What I would give to have a QB like Dak on the Jets. 

That's the quandary. If Dak was on the Jets he wouldn't be remotely as successful. We are not ready for a QB like that. Dallas was 

Archived