Who is better Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

No doubt there are at least 100 QB's with over 500 tds and 71 thousand yards passing..;)

He had multiple opportunities to win or get to a SB and has ONE.   Look he is somewhere between 5 and 10 in the all time list but he is not top 5 in my view.

But your point is well taken.  

42 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The real question for Jets fans this year is would Aaron Rodgers be Aaron Rodgers without that time on the bench, we know Favre did not coach him up (or even speak to him that much) so did Aaron have "it" all along or were his skills developed?

Montana didn't like Steve Young either but Young made the HOF as Rogers will as well..;)

49 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The real question for Jets fans this year is would Aaron Rodgers be Aaron Rodgers without that time on the bench, we know Favre did not coach him up (or even speak to him that much) so did Aaron have "it" all along or were his skills developed?

It was kind of a selfish move on Favre's part but, in fairness, they were competing for a job and Favre was hired to be a player (not a coach).  I'm sure Rodgers was coached up by the coaching staff.  He was considered a top prospect btw but, for whatever reason, he fell in the draft. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen by a considerable margin.

Check out the QB who plays for the Patriots sometime.  And maybe some YouTube videos of the QB who played for the SF 49ers in the 1980's. 

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I wish we had the problem of deciding which of our 2 HoF QBs we'd rather have :(.

GB was a wasteland for over 20 years before they got Favre and Holmgren, then they get Rodgers to sit behind Favre.  some day maybe we'll get a real franchise QB.

15 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The more I watch Aaron Rodgers play QB, the more I feel he is one of the top 3 best QB's in NFL history, if not the best.

that is beyond silly-how you could consider him better than brady or montana for starters not to mention plenty of old school guys

rodgers needs to play ten more years to be better than farve-farve did not have the luxury of resting for a few years before he started to play and was an ironman and put the packers back on the map

Brady is better than Arod even at his age now and career wise not even close

Rodgers is the best I've ever seen.  Ever.  No joke, I think he's the best Football player I've ever seen.

I dont care about the Championships and other sh*t.  You cant control that year in year out.  Rodgers has never played on a team as stacked at the Pats or the 49ers of old.  But I dont know how anyone can watch this guy and argue that someone is better.

And spare me Brady.  Brady is nonathletic slug compared to Rodgers.  Brady doesnt do anything special or amazing.  Does he have one single signature play in his career?  He just doesnt make mistakes, plays in a great system and cheats.  

Put Rodgers on the Patriots and they'd have twice as many rings. 

He's the best ever IMO.

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I wish we had the problem of deciding which of our 2 HoF QBs we'd rather have :(.

Yup.  For the last 25 years, Packer fans have had the opportunity to root for Favre and Rodgers.  Over the same time period, in addition to 1 year of Favre with a bad arm. we have had Nagle, Esiason, O'Donnell, Reich, Testaverde, Pennington, Lucas, Bollinger, Clemens, Sanchez, Geno, Fitz, Petty & Hack.  Doesn't seem fair.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  For the last 25 years, Packer fans have had the opportunity to root for Favre and Rodgers.  Over the same time period, we have had Nagle, Esiason, O'Donnell, Reich, Testaverde, Pennington, Lucas, Bollinger, Clemens, Sanchez, Geno, Fitz, Petty & Hack.  Doesn't seem fair.

"If only we had Dan Quinn!"

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Rodgers is the best I've ever seen.  Ever.  No joke, I think he's the best Football player I've ever seen.

I dont care about the Championships and other sh*t.  You cant control that year in year out.  Rodgers has never played on a team as stacked at the Pats or the 49ers of old.  But I dont know how anyone can watch this guy and argue that someone is better.

And spare me Brady.  Brady is nonathletic slug compared to Rodgers.  Brady doesnt do anything special or amazing.  Does he have one single signature play in his career?  He just doesnt make mistakes, plays in a great system and cheats.  

He's the best ever IMO.

you must be trolling cause you cant be serious or must not watch much football over the years -

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's the best ever IMO.

outside of 2 years w/ randy Moss and a few w/ injury riddled Gronk Brady has never had much talent to work with.  Brady saved the HC career of BB and resurrected a sinking ship of a franchise that was getting worse each year.  Brady is the greatest, Rodgers can work his way in the discussion but he has a lot of work to do.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

outside of 2 years w/ randy Moss and a few w/ injury riddled Gronk Brady has never had much talent to work with.  Brady saved the HC career of BB and resurrected a sinking ship of a franchise that was getting worse each year.  Brady is the greatest, Rodgers can work his way in the discussion but he has a lot of work to do.

Brady was along for the ride for those first 3 SB wins.

Rodgers is literally 10x more talented than Brady.  Like, its not even close.  Brady is a stiff who throws the balls 5-7 yards all game long, he's a huge pussy and he and his team are proven cheaters.  

Aaron Rodgers does sh*t Brady could never dream of doing and doesnt cheat doing it. 

People weighing the SB's are being silly IMO.

It's like saying Eli Manning is/was better than Dan Marino because of rings. 

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Favre was great but I'd easily take Rodgers over him.

Farve lasted longer, and was more durable, but Rogers is insane.

How do you roll left, throw across your body, 45+ yard in the air, and put it in the PERFECT spot? 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Brady was along for the ride for those first 3 SB wins.

Rodgers is literally 10x more talented than Brady.  Like, its not even close.  Brady is a stiff who throws the balls 5-7 yards all game long, he's a huge pussy and he and his team are proven cheaters.  

Aaron Rodgers does sh*t Brady could never dream of doing and doesnt cheat doing it. 

People weighing the SB's are being silly IMO.

It's like saying Eli Manning is/was better than Dan Marino because of rings. 

hahahaha, along for the ride.  so he was along for the ride when his D blew a 14 pt lead in the first SB(becoming first D ever to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in SB) against the Rams then led one of the greatest drives in SB history?  a team that was 0-2 before he started a game then magically went 11-3 the rest of the way.

he was along for the ride in 2003 when his D AGAIN blew a 4th qtr double digit lead and again Brady led them to GW FG to rescue them.  stop it.

Rodgers is great and he does do things Brady cannot do but Brady is far and away the best of his generation and the best of all time.  

it's not just about SB rings, Eli was carried by defense.  Brady was THE reason his franchise went from toilet bowl to DYNASTY.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

hahahaha, along for the ride.  so he was along for the ride when his D blew a 14 pt lead in the first SB(becoming first D ever to blow double digit 4th qtr lead in SB) against the Rams then led one of the greatest drives in SB history?  a team that was 0-2 before he started a game then magically went 11-3 the rest of the way.

he was along for the ride in 2003 when his D AGAIN blew a 4th qtr double digit lead and again Brady led them to GW FG to rescue them.  stop it.

Rodgers is great and he does do things Brady cannot do but Brady is far and away the best of his generation and the best of all time.  

it's not just about SB rings, Eli was carried by defense.  Brady was THE reason his franchise went from toilet bowl to DYNASTY.

Rodgers > Brady. 

i never heard madden say aaron rodgers is just being aaron rodgers.  different eras.  both guys are/were extremely good.  it was also nice to see that favre succeeded on other teams.  to me that's one of the best indications of how good a player is.  i still remember favre at a jets presser conference describing to a tee what happened on a particular play during the game.  it was amazing that he remembered in such detail.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i never heard madden say aaron rodgers is just being aaron rodgers.  different eras.  both guys are/were extremely good.  it was also nice to see that favre succeeded on other teams.  to me that's one of the best indications of how good a player is.  i still remember favre at a jets presser conference describing to a tee what happened on a particular play during the game.  it was amazing that he remembered in such detail.

Favre didn't succeed here, he sabotaged a legitimate Super Bowl chance.  he did have a great one year in Minnesota though.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Favre didn't succeed here, he sabotaged a legitimate Super Bowl chance.  he did have a great one year in Minnesota though.

they went 9-7.  schitty sabotaged that team by trying to throw in that seattle game when he knew favre's arm was hurt and thomas jones was running wild.  and i think saying mangini's thrid year team had a legitimate chance at a sb is a little bit of a reach.  they had an excellent chance of making the playoffs.  don't forget that favre was a huge part of them being 8-3 at one point and after he went away from schitty's stupid play calling (they started out 1-2).

i will say that woody had mangini on too short of a hook.  he's the guy who should've coached for 6 seasons, not rex.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

they went 9-7.  schitty sabotaged that team by trying to throw in that seattle game when he knew favre's arm was hurt and thomas jones was running wild.  and i think saying mangini's thrid year team had a legitimate chance at a sb is a little bit of a reach.  they had an excellent chance of making the playoffs.  don't forget that favre was a huge part of them being 8-3 at one point and after he went away from schitty's stupid play calling (they started out 1-2).

i will say that woody had mangini on too short of a hook.  he's the guy who should've coached for 6 seasons, not rex.

they did go 9-7 against one of the weakest scheds we have ever had including zero games against Tom Brady who was out for the season.  our former QB took a team half as talented to 11 wins and a div title in Miami.

Thomas Jones had 67 yards on 17 carries, less than 4 YPC. we have different definitions of "running wild".

the AFC and NFL was very weak that year, Miami won 11 games.  a  year later we were in the title game w/ a rookie QB.  

Favre was a huge reason they were 8-3, they should have been 10-1.  he was holding us back almost weekly the first half of that season and he killed us down the stretch.  

oh so we were 8-3 when we went away from "schitty's stupid play calling but we went w/ his stupid playing calling losing 4 of 5?  you guys crack me up.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they did go 9-7 against one of the weakest scheds we have ever had including zero games against Tom Brady who was out for the season.  our former QB took a team half as talented to 11 wins and a div title in Miami.

Thomas Jones had 67 yards on 17 carries, less than 4 YPC. we have different definitions of "running wild".

the AFC and NFL was very weak that year, Miami won 11 games.  a  year later we were in the title game w/ a rookie QB.  

Favre was a huge reason they were 8-3, they should have been 10-1.  he was holding us back almost weekly the first half of that season and he killed us down the stretch.  

oh so we were 8-3 when we went away from "schitty's stupid play calling but we went w/ his stupid playing calling losing 4 of 5?  you guys crack me up.

to clarify, favre went away from schitty's playcalling when the team started out 1-2.  as for thomas jones he was running wild until schitty went into the passing mode.  when you look at a game stats, things will change.  i'm you know that and while jones may have finished with 17 for 67 he was probably at around 10 for 50.  the point is their running game was working and schitty went away from it.  and just where was the defense? they let seneca friggin wallace beat them. superbowl bound teams don't let seneca wallace beat them.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

to clarify, favre went away from schitty's playcalling when the team started out 1-2.  as for thomas jones he was running wild until schitty went into the passing mode.  when you look at a game stats, things will change.  i'm you know that and while jones may have finished with 17 for 67 he was probably at around 10 for 50.  the point is their running game was working and schitty went away from it.  and just where was the defense? they let seneca friggin wallace beat them. superbowl bound teams don't let seneca wallace beat them.

ok so why did he still suck for most of the season?

we clearly have different definitions of running wild, under 4 YPC is not running wild. Know what he did in the first half? 10 carries, 39 yds. 3.9 YPC, his long rush was 7 yds.

the run game #s were skewed b/c we caught Seattle off guard w/ a few Tpny Richardson runs where he averaged almost 7 YPC on 5 cariies, unless you think that was sustainable there shouldn't be an issue w/ playcalling.  the issue was Favre's terrible decision making, we had to throw b/c we struggled running and weren't scoring.  Favre then threw us out of the game and out of the season.

Seneca Wallace led Seattle to THIRTEEN points.  2 of their 3 scoring drives started in NYJ territory- at our 40 and our 20.  we didn't get beat by Seneca Wallace, we got beat by Brett Favre.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Favre wasn't the same player in bad weather later on his career when he got older. He made a name for himself being able to do that and age simply caught up with him. Same thing with inuries and playing thru them. The older you get, the harder it becomes. Thats simply science. The snow in Seattle hurt us. 

On our first possession I remember a 4th and short and the Jets settling for a FG. That set a bad tone, I also remember Mangini punting after a penalty on a long FG made by Feely, he should have tried for the FG again. I remember Feely being mad. And although Favre was bad, he made a perfect throw at the end of the game on 4th down that Coles dropped.

We were 8-3 and collapsed down the stretch. Favre didn't play well, but he wasn't the only culprit. Mangini built a very talented team, but wasn't the greatest sideline coach. He didn't seem to have as much confidence in his players as maybe he should have. Same with his coaches.

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Favre wasn't the same player in bad weather later on his career when he got older. He made a name for himself being able to do that and age simply caught up with him. Same thing with inuries and playing thru them. The older you get, the harder it becomes. Thats simply science. The snow in Seattle hurt us. 

On our first possession I remember a 4th and short and the Jets settling for a FG. That set a bad tone, I also remember Mangini punting after a penalty on a long FG made by Feely, he should have tried for the FG again. I remember Feely being mad. And although Favre was bad, he made a perfect throw at the end of the game on 4th down that Coles dropped.

We were 8-3 and collapsed down the stretch. Favre didn't play well, but he wasn't the only culprit. Mangini built a very talented team, but wasn't the greatest sideline coach. He didn't seem to have as much confidence in his players as maybe he should have. Same with his coaches.

I agree, late in his career he was terrible in colder weather.

I never said it was all on him but he was the main culprit.  I can't understand how Jet fans love Favre and hate Chad and Sanchez when those other 2 helped us win and Favre did nothing for us except keep us out of the playoffs.  this man was busy helping Packer opponents prepare for GB instead of learning his new playbook and we have the audacity to blame the coaches for his failures.

Archived