Green Bay Recievers

JetBlue

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

These guys are impressing the heck out of me.  I have yet to see a single dropped pass;  Rodgers has thrown some great passes and his receivers have made some great receptions.  Man it is beautiful to watch...

Hopefully the development of our receiver will help for that. Davante Adams struggled for a couple of years and then got it

15 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With the Packers, it's 90% Rodgers and 10% the wrs. 

You still have to catch the ball.  Rodgers isn't throwing the ball to himself you know. Rodgers is playing at an all world level, no doubt about it.  However, that catch Jared Cook made on the sidelines to get them in field goal range; it was an awesome throw by Rodgers but who on the Jets do you think would have actually made that catch??   

On 1/15/2017 at 6:38 PM, JetBlue said:

These guys are impressing the heck out of me.  I have yet to see a single dropped pass;  Rodgers has thrown some great passes and his receivers have made some great receptions.  Man it is beautiful to watch...

I'm sure Ryan Fitzpatrick would make them look bad..

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

You still have to catch the ball.  Rodgers isn't throwing the ball to himself you know. Rodgers is playing at an all world level, no doubt about it.  However, that catch Jared Cook made on the sidelines to get them in field goal range; it was an awesome throw by Rodgers but who on the Jets do you think would have actually made that catch??   

It was a regulation sideline catch. Let's not make it into some David Tyree SB winning catch. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

It was a regulation sideline catch. Let's not make it into some David Tyree SB winning catch. 

It wasn't even the Manningham SB catch.

It was a good catch, but the throw was right there. The catch looked closer than it needed to because Cook decided to catch it so close to his body instead of reaching for it, necessitating the toes being so close to the sideline & knees so close to the ground. So he seems to be getting style points.

He made the catch with his feet in, and sure I'd give him or anyone brownie points for the situational importance. But the only truly amazing part of the pass & catch was the pass, which was still shoulder pad height as it crossed/reached the sideline plane, despite throwing while running to his left, on 3rd & 20 with the clock reaching 5 seconds left. Just amazing stuff.

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was a good catch, but the throw was right there. The catch looked closer than it needed to because Cook decided to catch it so close to his body instead of reaching for it, necessitating the toes being so close to the sideline & knees so close to the ground. So he seems to be getting style points.

He made the catch with his feet in, and sure I'd give him or anyone brownie points for the situational importance. But the only truly amazing part of the pass & catch was the pass, which was still shoulder pad height as it crossed/reached the sideline plane, despite throwing while running to his left, on 3rd & 20 with the clock reaching 5 seconds left. Just amazing stuff.

I agree with both of you to an extent but again my point is and was... who on the Jets do you have confidence in to make that catch??  

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm sure Ryan Fitzpatrick would make them look bad..

What does that loser have to do with anything? Please don't derail the thread by bringing him up.   I am trying to forget I ever heard of Ryan Fitzpatrick lol. 

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I agree with both of you to an extent but again my point is and was... who on the Jets do you have confidence in to make that catch??  

Any Jets receiver could, and most likely would, make that catch. They tend to drop the easy ones lol. Seriously though, that is what happens most often with their drops, and usually when they're looking at YAC before the ball has arrived. In this case it's just catch it and plant feet. No reason to take their eye off the ball.

It would be a shorter list to guess which ones could not be relied upon to make it. One is Devin Smith, because he hasn't had a chance to redeem himself since getting injured. The other is Jalin Marshall, and with good reason. Doesn't mean they wouldn't make it; just that I wouldn't bet the season on one play to either of those two. 

10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You really don't like Anderson, do you? 

Robbie Anderson needs work hes fast but he catches with his body isn't aggressive in getting the ball away from defenders and has issues holding onto the ball when hit other than that he should be fine. 

15 hours ago, JetBlue said:

That ball gets dropped by every single Jet WR on the roster - except maybe Decker.  

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.  It was a great pass and meh catch.  Cook made it look more difficult than it should've been.

Again I ask you? Who on the Jets do you have confidence in to make that catch??   

From Marshall, all the way down to Bostick. It wasn't a one handed diving catch or something. Pretty straight forward. Just looks good on screen. Skill-wise, its a catch I expect every catcher to make. Even Anthony Becht. Today.

What does that loser have to do with anything? Please don't derail the thread by bringing him up.   I am trying to forget I ever heard of Ryan Fitzpatrick lol. 

Lol my point is these receivers are pretty good, but Rodgers is making them look great by throwing zips at their numbers, dropping balls in out of nowhere.. They deserve lot of credit, but let's not kid ourselves.. If these guys had fitzgarbage as their qb, his fans would probably complain how bad these receivers are ha

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, joewilly12 said:

Talented fun to watch but having a good QB helps. 

yeah I agree, but these guys catch the all no matter how tough the catches are. I noticed that watching all of the games, mpst of the no name receivers actually catch the ball.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, Tinstar said:

Ty Montgomery is finally playing the role I envisioned when he came out of Stanford . It's the same role I envision Jalin Marshall playing .

Jalin Marshall ? Do you see the size of Montgomery ? If Jalin Marshall carried the ball like Montgomery does he would fumble at an alarming rate since he already does and he does  not have the frame to be that type of player. If anyone on the Jets could play that role it would be Enunwa since he has the size and the power. I can see Jalin Marshall struggling just to make this roster in the upcoming years

Archived