Aaron Rodgers Drew Up Game-Winning Play in Packers Huddle

TuscanyTile2

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If the Packers can pull this off, it would be as epic a run as I can remember. Hard to say how many other times in my life I've seen a guy shoulder an entire franchise like this in any sport.

Was telling a buddy tonight while watching the game, these Packers and Falcons both look UNSTOPPABLE. Might be the best match up all year. 

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Rangers Baby... Mark Messier :) 

Not to discount Messier's importance but hockey is far too much of a team sport for one guy to shoulder the entire franchise.  In fact, during that playoff run I'd say he was probably the 3rd best player on the team (behind Leetch and Richter).  Even in the "guarantee" game, Richter was every bit the MVP of that one.  The Rangers could've easily been blown out had Richter not made incredible save after incredible save in the 2nd period (until Kovalev scored to make it 2-1).  Messier definitely did bring the team the confidence that they could "slay the dragon" though.  And what a dragon that was!

Teams can't help but go into chick mode when it counts most against rogers.  The best way to stop him from making these dazzling plays?  Put him on his ass or make him run for his life.

The play before the big long completion Dallas blitzed and sacked him for a big loss.  The Packers now need a huge long play as opposed to a blitz check down to have a chance ta the winning fg.   So Marinelli loses his nerve goes into a zone and applies no extra pressure and lets Rogers run around and roll out to make a play.

Just alike all his heroic hail marys in which teams apply no pressure.  Great play, great catch but if I was the Dallas DC and I had just sacked him once I'd be coming after him again and dare him to throw a 5 yard blitz check down rather than letting him roll out.

pack won because of a stud kicker

arod played a good but not great game

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If the Packers can pull this off, it would be as epic a run as I can remember. Hard to say how many other times in my life I've seen a guy shoulder an entire franchise like this in any sport.

tom brady says hi

Archived