Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50

KRL

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm nervous about Tim Williams. Did not look great in the NC and has off the field issues

Agreed, the two "beasts" out of ALA LB crew were Foster & Anderson.  Williams didn't show up and that is

troubling.  Foster was scary good and looked like a younger, faster Ray Lewis

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The pick has to be the big Fatty Ryan Ramczyk  . It has to be to continue building this OL .

I don't think Macc picks a player rated at 14 at 6, despite the need.  I think we will see Macc aggressive in targeting OL in FA, like they just did with Winters.

I think we will also see them aggressive in the QB FA market.   The key will continue to be these contracts that look expensive but only guaarantee 2 years.  The Jets if they want could essentially draft a QB high (rd 1 or 2) and then have them start in year 3.

The "best" players will be S and RB, which are not "premium" positions.  Let's see how that rolls.  But I can also see the rd 2 pick being as important than rd 1, because many good players, including EDGE and CB, will fall there.  That will also be the pick where the Jets will be tempted to take a QB again.

Not having a QB is really the best and perhaps only reason not to pick BPA, within reason.  The Jets do not have a QB, and it has been killing their drafting.

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Interesting. Kizer 1st qb, #15. Tim Williams #38 and Cam Robinson #40.

I don't think anyone would grade any of the QBs in the top 10, they may just put them in the top ten because they know teams at the top of the draft need a QB and teams usually reach for QBs. Kizer/Watson/Trubinsky are all equally talented QBs with serious question marks. 

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Is there any more of an ideal landing spot for all of these guys then Mccaffrey to the Pats.

It will be Kevin Faulk all over again.

Unless BB is sold on d lewis

They have a 1st rounder this year eh?  So hard to keep track of that.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Surprised at the low rankings for:

Mitch Trubisky

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cam Robinson

Tim Williams

I'm not, because the two QBs all have questions that need answers and probably won't come anytime soon . Peppers doesn't have a true position even thou I think he will be a pro-bowl SS . He's spot-on about Cam Robinson and when you factor in his off the field,(Drug and Weapons charges) that kid will be lucky to get drafted in the 2nd round . Tim Williams reminds me of that kid the Jets had that was a terror in college but didn't have the strength to beat OTs at the pro level . Then there's that report about his many failed drug test that has surfaced . 

All these kids have issued that will need to be answered to the satisfaction of owners and GMs . 

25 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don't think Macc picks a player rated at 14 at 6, despite the need.  I think we will see Macc aggressive in targeting OL in FA, like they just did with Winters.

I think we will also see them aggressive in the QB FA market.   The key will continue to be these contracts that look expensive but only guaarantee 2 years.  The Jets if they want could essentially draft a QB high (rd 1 or 2) and then have them start in year 3.

The "best" players will be S and RB, which are not "premium" positions.  Let's see how that rolls.  But I can also see the rd 2 pick being as important than rd 1, because many good players, including EDGE and CB, will fall there.  That will also be the pick where the Jets will be tempted to take a QB again.

Not having a QB is really the best and perhaps only reason not to pick BPA, within reason.  The Jets do not have a QB, and it has been killing their drafting.

That's DJs rating, but how do the Jets rate him and then you have to throw in need . It's BPA with need being a consideration . From this draft, that player IMO is Myles Garrett or Ryan Rymczyk  . The edge rusher and the edge protector . 

IMO,  whoever is hired as the OC, will determine who the QB added to this roster with the chance to be the starter  will be .

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the offense could really use a guy like cook to juice it up.

I would be happy enough if we took him but this regime by all indications are not going to do that.  This is the quiet version of the Rex era and they will convince themselves that Powell is the answer at rb.

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think anyone would grade any of the QBs in the top 10, they may just put them in the top ten because they know teams at the top of the draft need a QB and teams usually reach for QBs. Kizer/Watson/Trubinsky are all equally talented QBs with serious question marks. 

I have Kizer as the top QB, just not #10 overall..

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

Agreed, the two "beasts" out of ALA LB crew were Foster & Anderson.  Williams didn't show up and that is

troubling.  Foster was scary good and looked like a younger, faster Ray Lewis

If you watch breakdown of Williams play you'll see how much he benefits from the play of Allen and Anderson especially. I think you can say the same of Foster though. I don't think he's quite as good as people say.

23 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mitch Trubisky

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cam Robinson

Tim Williams

This seems right to me. Ignore the hype and recognise the play that won't translate to the NFL. All great college players but too much uncertainty.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would be happy enough if we took him but this regime by all indications are not going to do that.  This is the quiet version of the Rex era and they will convince themselves that Powell is the answer at rb.

they obviously didn't think much of powell most of the season as they overused forte.  

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mitch Trubisky

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cam Robinson

Tim Williams

Cam is more of a pure Run blocker and is weak in pass protection. 
Trubinsky is very raw. Could have been a top pick with one more year of seasoning  (assuming he improved). Trubinsky reminds me of Tannehill coming out of college. 

Watson is a little surprising. To me, he is a more mature version of Winston. Winston had a ton of INTs in college also, but he was still taken at the top of the draft. Watson will be an NFL QB. May take some time to adjust to the NFL. 

If Peppers drops to the end of the first, someone will land a pro bowl player. Some players have the "IT" factor, he is one of those guys. 

Tim williams is another great player but has off the field issues. Will be a steal for someone if he falls to end of 1st. He'll have a Bud Dupree impact for some team. 

Archived