Garrett and Cowboys are NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Brown

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Probably trying to increase trade value for Romo. If teams know Dallas is committed to Dak they may be willing to give up less for Romo.

Dak will be starting for the cowboys next year.

nobody is going to believe that they would play Romo over Dak...I don't see any rational negotiator trying to use that tactic

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Probably trying to increase trade value for Romo. If teams know Dallas is committed to Dak they may be willing to give up less for Romo.

I agree, it's the only rationale for that answer.

10 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

nobody is going to believe that they would play Romo over Dak...I don't see any rational negotiator trying to use that tactic

Yeah, no NFL GM is going to fall for that.

I guess Jerry Jones reached out to Woody Johnson for advice on how to best handle a rookie quarterback.  Hey, they can court Tim Tebow away from the Mets and go full-Sanchez.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, no NFL GM is going to fall for that.

I guess Jerry Jones reached out to Woody Johnson for advice on how to best handle a rookie quarterback.  Hey, they can court Tim Tebow away from the Mets and go full-Sanchez.

SAR I

Bill O'Brien told our GM that Hackenburg was the goods.  Not sayin just sayin.

45 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yep.  Not every coach is as clever as Bowles and name unsigned FA's starters

56 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cowboys are Nuts!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jason-garrett-wont-say-definitively-dak-prescott-cowboys-qb-going-forward-011617

Garrett Comments on Romo's Future

Monday, Jan. 16

Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett told reporters he would not name a starting quarterback for next season ...............

That is smart. Why tell the media anything about who is starter will be next season when this one just ended?  Bottom line is Romo lost his job to injury, not poor play; now I fully expect that he will be moved or waived so he can pick where he wants to go, but being non committal is the smart move; no need to paint yourself into corner just because the media asks a question.   Something our imbecile of a HC could learn from.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cowboys are Nuts!!!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jason-garrett-wont-say-definitively-dak-prescott-cowboys-qb-going-forward-011617

Garrett Comments on Romo's Future

Monday, Jan. 16

Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett told reporters he would not name a starting quarterback for next season ...............

Why would he say anything?  The Cowboyz are trying to trade Romo before outright cutting him, so it is in the Boyz best interest for the HC and everyone else to STFU and let the front office do what it has to do.  If Garrett said the obvious (that Prescott is the permanent starter and Romo is going to be cut), it would be a deterrant to any deals getting done.  (Even though everyone knows the truth that Romo won't be returning there). 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

That is smart. Why tell the media anything about who is starter will be next season when this one just ended?  Bottom line is Romo lost his job to injury, not poor play; now I fully expect that he will be moved or waived so he can pick where he wants to go, but being non committal is the smart move; no need to paint yourself into corner just because the media asks a question.   Something our imbecile of a HC could learn from.

I will give to the Charity of your choice $3,000.00, absent injury or scandal, if Dak is not the starter for the Cowboys!

Are you willing to put up the same to me should I be right and that this fooled no one and was stupid!

To compare Dak who is under contract, and who was a rookie, to Fitzpatrick who 70% of the fans out here BEGGED the Jets either to not bring back or to pay what they paid for him is preposterous.

You think that it is clever for say NE to not name Brady the starter next year or Rogers in Green Bay?

I say it is stupid but you are of course entitled to your opinion. :) 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You think that it is clever for say NE to not name Brady the starter next year or Rogers in Green Bay?

Not the same situation at all. Neither NE or GB are trying to unload an expensive would be starter into the market. 

DAL comes out and says Dak is 100% the guy and it will start the media on the questions whether Romo is on the decline, still injured, etc. It might be heard enough that teams offer less for Romo. DAL has no reason to help the media along diminishing Romo's trade value. 

This way the sports media will spend time and space arguing which is the better QB and whether DAL should bring back Romo. Then the majority of the commentary will be playing Romo up, possibly improving his trade value.

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

Not the same situation at all. Neither NE or GB are trying to unload an expensive would be starter into the market. 

DAL comes out and says Dak is 100% the guy and it will start the media on the questions whether Romo is on the decline, still injured, etc. It might be heard enough that teams offer less for Romo. DAL has no reason to help the media along diminishing Romo's trade value. 

This way the sports media will spend time and space arguing which is the better QB and whether DAL should bring back Romo. Then the majority of the commentary will be playing Romo up, possibly improving his trade value.

QFT

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Todd Bowles named the then-unsigned Ryan Fitzpatrick the lock starter last January. That was so smart.

Careful.... we've had some posters here say there is no way a knuckle dragging common fan like you or I should be able to question JETS management.  Youmight get reported to MAX.... ?

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Dak + Sanchez for Richardson, I can't see them saying no.

SAR I

return of the sanchize?  well they could start dak, have the sanchize on the bench and the hack attack carrying the clip board again.  maybe throw in petty to get rid of the qb log jam.

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

hmmm....when sanchize lost his job to injury he was launched.

4 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Why not? Romo will get hurt immediately anyway so what's the difference?

4 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Could you imagine a GM trying to explain his actions by saying..

"Ummm well we gave Dallas our First Round and Second Round picks because they threatened to keep Romo on the team and start him instead of the guy who almost took them to a SB"

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bill O'Brien told our GM that Hackenburg was the goods.  Not sayin just sayin.

Mike Francesa's take this evening was interesting, goes like this:

Prescott is a college system option quarterback who stepped into the perfect situation with the best OL the NFL has produced in the last 10 years, a once-in-a-generation rookie running back, a Top 5 WR corps, a tremendous TE, and a no-pressure emergency insertion.  Most of his throws were very safe, a ton of success on first and second down, but his third down numbers were poor.  He feels Prescott will likely turn into nothing more than RG3 and over time will show who he is, limitations and all, once the OL and WR and RB slip a bit or have some challenges with injury.  This year being a perfect situation, next year easily could turn more treacherous.

So Dallas considering reverting to Romo, or keeping him if Prescott struggles, because he is a known superior pocket passer may make some sense for a win-now team.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Prescott is a college system option quarterback who stepped into the perfect situation with the best OL the NFL has produced in the last 10 years, a once-in-a-generation rookie running back, a Top 5 WR corps, a tremendous TE, and a no-pressure emergency insertion.  Most of his throws were very safe, a ton of success on first and second down, but his third down numbers were poor.  He feels Prescott will likely turn into nothing more than RG3 and over time will show who he is, limitations and all, once the OL and WR and RB slip a bit or have some challenges with injury.  This year being a perfect situation, next year easily could turn more treacherous.

So Dallas considering reverting to Romo, or keeping him if Prescott struggles, because he is a known superior pocket passer may make some sense for a win-now team.

SAR I

Sounds like the Mark Sanchez story.

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He might want to talk to Dak about that.

Dak has said his offense at Mississippi State was a pro style offense. The kid looked good Sunday.  Did he benefit from being a great situation?  Yes.  He did what he was asked to do.  When needed, he delivered.  Look at a guy liked Osweiler who was in a similar situation and cannot seem to hit the side of the barn and has shown little poise. 

Dak looked miles ahead of Osweiler as a rookie.  He is going to get better.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Francesca passionately hates the Cowboys and Prescott

Brady makes a lot of safe throws to TEs and RBs in the flat guess he sucks too

The kid is a very good young qb who will get better.  I'd trade our entire roster for him including those two clowns Putrid and Wackenberg 

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I will give to the Charity of your choice $3,000.00, absent injury or scandal, if Dak is not the starter for the Cowboys!

Are you willing to put up the same to me should I be right and that this fooled no one and was stupid!

To compare Dak who is under contract, and who was a rookie, to Fitzpatrick who 70% of the fans out here BEGGED the Jets either to not bring back or to pay what they paid for him is preposterous.

You have missed the point entirely.  The point is not that Dak will be the starter; I totally agree that he will be.  The point is there is no reason to tell the media anything right after a game.    Now you are comparing Dak to Brady or Rogers?  Now THAT is Stupid! lol

Archived