Trade #6 pick to San Diego for Phillip Rivers?

Sarge4Tide

Phillip Rivers for the 6th Pick?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. if San Diego called with an offer to trade Phillip Rivers to the Jets for the 6th pick, I would....

• Take that deal in a damn New York minute!
    • Seriously consider it, probably take it
    • Tough decision......honestly don't know if I'd take it or not
    • Give it some thought, but reject it
    • Laugh out loud and immediately hang up on those damn fools!
  2. 2. What if the deal was Phillip Rivers and San Diego's 2nd Round Pick for the #6 pick?

• Take that deal in a damn New York minute!
    • Seriously consider it, probably take it
    • Tough decision......honestly don't know if I'd take it or not
    • Give it some thought, but reject it
    • Laugh out loud and immediately hang up on those damn fools!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think rivers is underrated but age is the big factor, by the time the jets get good in enough other positions he will be the type to hang them up.  I don't see him playing for along long time.

he is vastly overrated, he was handed the keys to an elite team and only made it as far one conf title game and they made that game when he got hurt and his backup led the GW TD drive.  he's a great fantasy QB, he will make plays when they don't matter.  he's always been incredibly overrated.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If we had a team to built to win like in 09/10 and just lacked a real qb, sure.. Now we have too many holes, we would struggle to make the playoffs with even Aaron Rodgers 

In '09 our rookie outplayed him in the div rd despite Rivers having the much better team and playing at home w/ a bye.  Rodgers is a difference maker and we'd be a playoff team w/ someone like him, Rivers wouldn't make any difference other than making our games more exciting tow atch as he threw garbage time TD after garbage time TD.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

he is vastly overrated, he was handed the keys to an elite team and only made it as far one conf title game and they made that game when he got hurt and his backup led the GW TD drive.  he's a great fantasy QB, he will make plays when they don't matter.  he's always been incredibly overrated.

In '09 our rookie outplayed him in the div rd despite Rivers having the much better team and playing at home w/ a bye.  Rodgers is a difference maker and we'd be a playoff team w/ someone like him, Rivers wouldn't make any difference other than making our games more exciting tow atch as he threw garbage time TD after garbage time TD.

You saying this just happily confirms that I am right on this one.  Considering your Qb and coach evaluation skills.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You saying this just happily confirms that I am right on this one.  Considering your Qb and coach evaluation skills.

you like fantasy guys, I want QBs that will help my team win. you are impressed by meaningless fantasy #s, I want QBs that will help my team.  Rivers walked into the most talented team in football when they let Brees go, he won 3 playoff games and again the biggest one happened after he got hurt and his backup came in and made plays late.  if he couldn't win in SD w/ all that talent why would he win here?

If you want to have this discussion.  I suggest you put a realistic price tag on Rivers.

I cannot imagine the Chargers, who have to ingratiate themselves to a new city mind you, trading a true franchise QB for anything less than two 1sts.  And I have suspicions that still wouldn't be enough.

A middling player like Bradford got more than a 1st.  And Osweiler got 17M per.

Rivers is a beast.  And of course he went to NC St.  I get it.  Giving up #6 pick I have no problem with it.  The issue is we may be very bad next year even with Rivers.  And having him precludes us from drafting a QB at the top of the draft next year.  So by the time we do build a roster around Rivers, his skills have deteriorated to the point that we never get out of the mediocrity that we are all so desperate to get back in.

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Scenario: You're you, you pick up the phone around 11:30 pm on a Friday night and it's Margot Robbie, and she's offering you a beej. Your pants instantly become smaller. Only issue, it's future Margot Robbie, and she's 74. What do you do?

I read this in my head in Dennis Hopper's Speed voice.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I read this in my head in Dennis Hopper's Speed voice.

Lol. Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DOOO?  

Sidenote: feelings on John Wick 2? Loved the first one, hope they don't cock it up with the second. 

47 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Lol. Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DOOO?  

Sidenote: feelings on John Wick 2? Loved the first one, hope they don't cock it up with the second. 

Insanely excited for it. Looks like they ramped up the ultra violence ala The Raid 2 and I'm all about it. From a narrative aspect nothing would even come close to the glorious meta of the first one, so having Keanu go Neo for a couple hours is just fine by me.

If I'm the gm of the jets this offseason im cleaning house and freeing up as much cap as possible. I'm going after Trumaine Johnson AND Stephon Gilmore. Building the Cb position with 2 young studs. Drafting Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker. Taking an OT in the 2nd round and maybe even the 3rd. Signing Brian Hoyer to a 1year deal and having a 100% open qb competition winner gets the spot none of this Hackenberg watching nonsense. Retaining ASJ because he's a 6'6 250lb tight end with good hands and someone who can actually block. We should have enough money to get both of those corners especially with the lack of elite talented OTs via free agency. Wr we are set,Rb is ok for now. As of now drafting an OT at #6 is a bit of a reach but it will be a long offseason if one of them sky rockets up big boards then go with them. Our secondary has more holes in it than osama bin ladens forehead and our oline needs a LT as bas as humanly possible. Fix both of those then be prepared next year to trade up for Darnold.

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Putting Morpheus in it is a bad idea. And they will never match the club gunfight scene. Ever. That downbeat techno song was a brilliant touch.

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Scenario: You're you, you pick up the phone around 11:30 pm on a Friday night and it's Margot Robbie, and she's offering you a beej. Your pants instantly become smaller. Only issue, it's future Margot Robbie, and she's 74. What do you do?

Take the beej. Always.

Archived