If NY jets don't draft Patrick Mahomes at 6 he won't make it 2nd round

Lgm ny jets

I have been researching Patrick Mahomes draft projection and the conclusion is he is a late 1st early 2nd rounder. I have seen mock drafts that have him going from late first to the Cardinals or early second to the Bears.

I truly believe he is a franchise QB, he is the son of a former MLB player, he understands what it takes to prepare like a pro. He can make any type of throw to any part of the field regarless if his feet are set or not. He has shown improvement going from 58% completion in his freshman year, to 63% sophomore to 65% and 5,000 yards in his junior year. He can slide, he knows when to throw the ball away n when to run. He can step up in the pocket n throw, he can go trough progressions and even make a great throw when everything breaksdown. He should be the Jets pick at 6, yes I understand nothing is never a sure thing but man this kid has everything you want in a QB and also no off the field issues. Not drafting this kid at 6 or passing him up to loss him in that 2nd round would be a mistake.

1 minute ago, Lgm ny jets said:

I have been researching Patrick Mahomes draft projection and the conclusion is he is a late 1st early 2nd rounder. I have seen mock drafts that have him going from late first to the Cardinals or early second to the Bears.

I truly believe he is a franchise QB, he is the son of a former MLB player, he understands what it takes to prepare like a pro. He can make any type of throw to any part of the field regarless if his feet are set or not. He has shown improvement going from 58% completion in his freshman year, to 63% sophomore to 65% and 5,000 yards in his junior year. He can slide, he knows when to throw the ball away n when to run. He can step up in the pocket n throw, he can go trough progressions and even make a great throw when everything breaksdown. He should be the Jets pick at 6, yes I understand nothing is never a sure thing but man this kid has everything you want in a QB and also no off the field issues. Not drafting this kid at 6 or passing him up to loss him in that 2nd round would be a mistake.

I'm not impressed as you are with him. In my personal opinion I don't believe we should draft any QB in this draft. I think next years draft is where the goods are in the form of Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold. I feel like #6 is a spot where you either trade down and stack picks or if a blue chip player falls such as Leo did..you take him and I don't think a QB, especially Mahomes fits that mold. I would rather sign a FA like Glennon or even a lesser attractive option and make 100% sure we dot have the guy on our roster. Put an end to any doubt of Hack or Petty being our guy and THEN turn our heads toward a QB. I think Watson is the best guy in the draft and I still don't like him at 6. Spread guys 98% of the time DONT work. It's convenient timing for once. We have a whole season to test our young guys and if no one shows up, we have a solid QB class to look forward to....I just think Mahomes at #6 is RIDICULOUS. Just my two cent though.

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I swear I don't have multiple accounts lol.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What the hell is with the rampant Mahommes fan clubs popping up on this site?  Are these all the same people or wut.

Another Red Raider Qb eh?  Lupz will be in here like a dirty shirt soon i would imagine.  :P

Lol

I try to keep my Mahomes man love to my original thread.

If the Jets take the consensus 4th or 5th best QB in this draft with the 6th overall pick then they're even more inept than I thought. 

If they really want him and he's the guy (I don't think he is) trade your second this year and next year's second to move up to the end of the first if he's still around at 26-32.

the more we get into this draft class, the less I want to take a QB at 6.  I they trade back twice and draft a QB at 20-25, then cool

the o-line is not fine, and the pass rush sucks

that's where I am investing my picks in this class

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'm not impressed as you are with him. In my personal opinion I don't believe we should draft any QB in this draft. I think next years draft is where the goods are in the form of Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold. I feel like #6 is a spot where you either trade down and stack picks or if a blue chip player falls such as Leo did..you take him and I don't think a QB, especially Mahomes fits that mold. I would rather sign a FA like Glennon or even a lesser attractive option and make 100% sure we dot have the guy on our roster. Put an end to any doubt of Hack or Petty being our guy and THEN turn our heads toward a QB. I think Watson is the best guy in the draft and I still don't like him at 6. Spread guys 98% of the time DONT work. It's convenient timing for once. We have a whole season to test our young guys and if no one shows up, we have a solid QB class to look forward to....I just think Mahomes at #6 is RIDICULOUS. Just my two cent though.

There is not a less attractive player in the NFL... Dude looks like a reject from King of the Hill. 

54 minutes ago, Lgm ny jets said:

Has there ever been a successful Air Raid QB in the NFL?   

Mahomes may be a franchise QB but I can't remember an Air Raid QB ever making the adjustment.  Who knows maybe he'll be the first. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

God, this would really accelerate Maccagnan's inevitable usage of the phrase, "We still think Christian can be an effective player in this league, but"

You have a poster of  a shirtless  Hackenberg hanging over your bed, don't you?

4 hours ago, shuler82 said:

So he's a franchise QB BUT he won't go until the late 1st/early 2nd round. And you want the Jets to draft him 30 picks early just so they don't miss out. #logic

You know I might not know much about football, but last year I wanted the NY Jets to draft Deion Jones in the first round instead of Daron Lee cause I knew Jones was better in coverage n way faster, turns out the dude has 108 tackles in the year n should be defensive rookie of the year. He was projected as a 2nd round prospect. He clocked 4.30 40 at at his pro day at LSU n I knew that was right cause you could see the speed he had to cover sideline to sideline every game. But people told me those were friendly timers, I guess not. I am not saying Mahomes is a sure thing cause he could be very well stink in the pros, but I like his overall picture as a prospect the fact that his father was an MLB pitcher n also the fact that he was actually drafted last year by the Detroit Tigers to be a pitcher n turn that down to play football, tells me that other proffesional scouts that know more than me have seen this kid potential to turn into a good pro.

Mahomes is a major project and will probably get the GM that drafts him fired.  He comes from an air raid offense like Geno and Petty did, so we have seen how long that takes to adapt.  Then add in that his mechanics which directly lead to consistency and accuracy are very poor and you have a guy that should be passed on.

Just a little fact about young players that come into the league and have relatives that have played professional sports. 

-Tyler Locket Wr for Seattle His father Kevin Lockett was Kansas University all time leading receiver and played for the Chiefs.

-Sterling Shepard WR Giants His father played in Oklahoma and also in the NFL

-Russell Wilson His father was a baseball and football player used to play for the San Diego Chargers

-Aaron Rodgers His dad was an offensive lineman in college and his mother played basketball.

Bottom line is, it is a pretty good thing that Patrick Mahomes dad Pat Mahomes played MLB for the NY Mets and actually won 8 straight games in 1999 to help the Mets reach the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Lgm ny jets said:

Just a little fact about young players that come into the league and have relatives that have played professional sports. 

-Tyler Locket Wr for Seattle His father Kevin Lockett was Kansas University all time leading receiver and played for the Chiefs.

-Sterling Shepard WR Giants His father played in Oklahoma and also in the NFL

-Russell Wilson His father was a baseball and football player used to play for the San Diego Chargers

-Aaron Rodgers His dad was an offensive lineman in college and his mother played basketball.

Bottom line is, it is a pretty good thing that Patrick Mahomes dad Pat Mahomes played MLB for the NY Mets and actually won 8 straight games in 1999 to help the Mets reach the playoffs.

Welcome to the board mr. mahomes

Archived