How bad do you guys miss Pennington right now?

tfine

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You asked for a link, I provided one a page before.  If you can't admit you're wrong here, then just acknowledge that you'll never admit you're wrong.

you provided my reply not your initial starting it. check your first reply to me/about me in this thread today.  let me know what you find.  I can admit when I am wrong but it's obvious I am not wrong here.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

No football fan anywhere gives even the tiniest flake of sh*t about Chad, other than Jets fans.  Meanwhile, Tebow was talked and argued about by everyone, which is why he still probably deserves the nod in that regard.  Hell, even I think Chad was a better QB than Tebow.

The tiniest flake of sh*t? 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you provided my reply not your initial starting it. check your first reply to me/about me in this thread today.  let me know what you find.  I can admit when I am wrong but it's obvious I am not wrong here.

No, I get it now.  It's very clear.  In your mind, if someone posts something contradictory to a football post you make, and does so in a joking tone, it's the same thing as calling them stupid, or a clown, etc.  As for if you're wrong, I wonder what the mods would think?

18 minutes ago, gEYno said:

No, I get it now.  It's very clear.  In your mind, if someone posts something contradictory to a football post you make, and does so in a joking tone, it's the same thing as calling them stupid, or a clown, etc.  As for if you're wrong, I wonder what the mods would think?

it's not about football, you are hurling insults toward me.  if you can't see it I can't help.  if you actually stuck to just football there would be no need to reply in that manner but if you do give it be prepared to take it.

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah, but my argument is Chad has been so argued about amongst Jets fans, he might have generated more debate overall than Tebow. 

No one debates Tebow anymore. He is now universally recognized as a crappy QB. 

We are still debating Chad here. That's ridiculous.

I suppose you have a point there, but I feel like the Tebow lovers were even more absurd than the Penningtologists when we had to deal with them for that horrible year.

These days, while the QB convo may have ended, some still gush over Tebow's amazing baseball future, so as much as I freely admit that I hate on Chad, the old noodle still seems like he may be the lesser of two evils.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's not about football, you are hurling insults toward me.  if you can't see it I can't help.  if you actually stuck to just football there would be no need to reply in that manner but if you do give it be prepared to take it.

This site has 3 things that are off limits:

1) Politics

2) Religion

3) Personal Insults/Namecalling

Nowhere in those three are "no mocking other peoples football related arguments."  If you can't handle your football related arguments being mocked without resorting to #3, then perhaps JN isn't right for you.  Nor, it seems, would human interaction be.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I suppose you have a point there, but I feel like the Tebow lovers were even more absurd than the Penningtologists when we had to deal with them for that horrible year.

These days, while the QB convo may have ended, some still gush over Tebow's amazing baseball future, so as much as I freely admit that I hate on Chad, the old noodle still seems like he may be the lesser of two evils.

Can't say I disagree but I wish neither of them ever existed. 

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This site has 3 things that are off limits:

1) Politics

2) Religion

3) Personal Insults/Namecalling

Nowhere in those three are "no mocking other peoples football related arguments."  If you can't handle your football related arguments being mocked without resorting to #3, then perhaps JN isn't right for you.  Nor, it seems, would human interaction be.

you are guilty of #3 on a daily basis

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2017 at 2:52 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Wheres gcherd?

Still alive & kickin'! Good to see a Chad thread; I miss you guys & the fun we used to have! Still love me some #10; one of the most accurate QB's the NFL has ever seen...those darn injuries, though; still makes me sad to think "what could have been"!

Go Jets; win a Super Bowl so I can celebrate with ya!

26 minutes ago, gcherd said:

Still alive & kickin'! Good to see a Chad thread; I miss you guys & the fun we used to have! Still love me some #10; one of the most accurate QB's the NFL has ever seen...those darn injuries, though; still makes me sad to think "what could have been"!

You must have reeeeally slow internet.... 

24 minutes ago, gcherd said:

Gcherd!!!  Whats up brother.  Miss our debates against the ACM.  Hope all is well.

Chad was the next joe montana until that fateful afternoon in buffalo.  Was still pretty good after the injury too.  But it wasnt meant to be.

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gcherd!!!  Whats up brother.  Miss our debates against the ACM.  Hope all is well.

Chad was the next joe montana until that fateful afternoon in buffalo.  Was still pretty good after the injury too.  But it wasnt meant to be.

I miss 'em too, Joe W.! ...I see that SAR I is still in denial what a fantastic QB Chad was in NY those many moons ago! :) ...the Jets have gone thru a few since then; hope Darnold brings you a title!

1 hour ago, gcherd said:

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Just as it was over a decade ago, completing 3-yard checkdowns to your FB on 3rd and long still is not a qualifier for "most accurate" nor the ridiculous concept of being "the next Joe Montana".  I can certainly understand being fooled by his partial season flash in 2002, but all of the evidence after that shows it to simply be a statistical outlier.

Just doing my part. ?

34 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just as it was over a decade ago, completing 3-yard checkdowns to your FB on 3rd and long still is not a qualifier for "most accurate" nor the ridiculous concept of being "the next Joe Montana".  I can certainly understand being fooled by his partial season flash in 2002, but all of the evidence after that shows it to simply be a statistical outlier.

Just doing my part. ?

Bleedin Green; ah, the memories! Chad ranks in the Top 5 of all-time Jets QB’s; it pains me he never won a Super Bowl there...his legacy is solid but with no ring; I get it & am as frustrated as anybody he never won one! ?... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Pennington

3 hours ago, gcherd said:

I miss 'em too, Joe W.! ...I see that SAR I is still in denial what a fantastic QB Chad was in NY those many moons ago! :) ...the Jets have gone thru a few since then; hope Darnold brings you a title!

Chad couldn't stay healthy, he missed 50% of the games he was paid to start.  Durability matters.  Conditioning matters.

Chad wasn't a clutch quarterback, he played small in the biggest games.  The clutch gene matters.  Eye of the tiger matters.

Chad Pennington was David Wright.  A cute, cuddly, harmless, unhealthy figurehead for a team that he didn't elevate and didn't win with.

Chad Pennington needs to go away.  I don't want to see him at Jets events, I don't want to see him turning the air raid signal, I don't want to see him vlogging.  He needs to vanish.  He's not a good Jet.  He brings back bad memories.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Chad Pennington needs to go away.  I don't want to see him at Jets events, I don't want to see him turning the air raid signal, I don't want to see him vlogging.  He needs to vanish.  He's not a good Jet.  He brings back bad memories.

+keep him and his yellow brand of football away from Darnold.

8 hours ago, gcherd said:

Of all the weirdly obsessed mediocre QB fan boys you were always my favorite. What brings you back to JN?

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Chad couldn't stay healthy, he missed 50% of the games he was paid to start.  Durability matters.  Conditioning matters.

Chad wasn't a clutch quarterback, he played small in the biggest games.  The clutch gene matters.  Eye of the tiger matters.

Chad Pennington was David Wright.  A cute, cuddly, harmless, unhealthy figurehead for a team that he didn't elevate and didn't win with.

SAR I

David Wright definitely gets overrated but I don't think it's fair to compare him to noodle arm.  As one example, David Wright hit a HR in the World Series in 2015 so it's not like he never had a clutch moment in a big spot.

To me, it's not like the best description of Chad was "not clutch".  I think he just wasn't good enough physically to compete against good defenses.  When he ran into the Raiders, Steelers (as a Jet QB) and Ravens (as a Dolphin QB) in the playoffs, it wasn't about the moment "being too big for him".  He just that he didn't have it in him to begin with.  You can't expect to go deep into the playoffs by relying on 13 play drives consisting of runs and 2 yard passes.  

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

Of all the weirdly obsessed mediocre QB fan boys you were always my favorite. What brings you back to JN?

CTM; we had some battles but you were always fair & honest with your assessments! It makes me smile to see you, SAR, Bleedin Green, Joe W., etc. still on here rooting hard for your team; when that championship day comes I’ll be so happy for you guys. I drop in occasionally for old times sake & low and behold this time I see a Chad thread so as a veteran Penningtologist I had to give my 2 cents worth! ?...I hope Darnold & Gase can get done what.Chad & Edwards/Mangini failed to do.

1 hour ago, gcherd said:

CTM; we had some battles but you were always fair & honest with your assessments! It makes me smile to see you, SAR, Bleedin Green, Joe W., etc. still on here rooting hard for your team; when that championship day comes I’ll be so happy for you guys. I drop in occasionally for old times sake & low and behold this time I see a Chad thread so as a veteran Penningtologist I had to give my 2 cents worth! ?...I hope Darnold & Gase can get done what.Chad & Edwards/Mangini failed to do.

As a proud and founding member of the Anti-Chad Militia, please don't dredge up these horrible memories. I had finally gotten over his awfulness. 

10 hours ago, gcherd said:

Bleedin Green; ah, the memories! Chad ranks in the Top 5 of all-time Jets QB’s; it pains me he never won a Super Bowl there...his legacy is solid but with no ring; I get it & am as frustrated as anybody he never won one! ?... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Pennington

It's been a while, huh?  I won't even necessarily argue against Chad being a top 5 Jets QB, however the difference is I consider that far more of an indictment of the Jets' pitiful history than anything positive about him.

In regards to the lack of a ring, you do know he's the #1 reason he doesn't have one, right?  After all, you simply need to take a quick look at how atrocious he played in each of his teams' playoff losses to see that.  This is the same guy who once led the Jets, sporting a top defense and league's leading rusher, to a grand total of 3 offensive points in the playoffs, yet still somehow ends up having people blaming only the kicker for the loss.  If nothing else, Chad must have had a great PR man (or perhaps, was one himself), because the reality never lined up with the stories told about him.

4 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1580238260_tenor(2).gif.4d6dce1b1ba08b6e69125b558264a88d.gif

You are all so sad.

We all loved him for a year. 

Then it all went poop.

Yea I remember when he had those great games back to back he blew out the packers and colts I believe and they started comparing him to Montana!!!

33 minutes ago, The Gooch said:

Yea I remember when he had those great games back to back he blew out the packers and colts I believe and they started comparing him to Montana!!!

Chad’s quarterbacking skills were more comparable to those of Joe Mantegna.

8A5B810F-40D1-4FEE-B4CD-73D1674E540D.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

1580238260_tenor(2).gif.4d6dce1b1ba08b6e69125b558264a88d.gif

You are all so sad.

We all loved him for a year. 

Then it all went poop.

This and the 50 yard rainbow pass to Santana against the Chargers in the Wild Card game are literally the only two positive memories I have of PennyBoyWonder. If nothing else, Favre provided a reprieve from the disaster that Chad's Jets career turned into.

That Chad was the weakest arm to ever start more than 10 games in the NFL and could still throw a perfect 50 yard pass is all you need to know about throwing distance vs. throwing velocity.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:05 PM, tfine said:

Man I was watching the 2002 highlights of him. The guy was on point. It's really too bad he got hurt and the fans and media created a "weak arm" stigma around him. Also the Jets never got him any weapons. He could've of been great. He last good QB we ever had. Just another QB neglected by the Jets.

"weak arm" stigma? Post injuries he had one of the weakest arms I've ever seen an NFL QB possess. Why act like this wasn't a thing? 

I miss the noodle arm threads.  All his man-champions would rush to defend their fair maiden in distress the second people dare question is lack of arm strength or the fact he would drop bricks in his pants the second any pressure from the D was applied.  Good times.

Archived