Draft Florida Corner Jalen Tabor

Jets Daily Dosage.

yes, let's keep drafting defense in the first and third rounds, taking an underachieving offensive player in the 2nd, and then complain all year about how the offense has no playmakers and can't score.  the jets have drafted defense in the 1st and 3rd rounds in many recent drafts.

seems to me, if the jets are targetting a particular player they really need to move down.  it doesn't seem as though they will lose much if say they picked the second best corner in the draft and yielded a 3rd round pick for their trouble.  but if they go bpa, then maybe they need to stay at 6 and just take the guy.

A team so thin on franchise players it baffles me how many people want to trade away the pick to pick up more garbage picks later in the rounds. Number 6 pick needs to be a starter. Period. I don't care if you can get them later in the draft. You draft who you need, that fits the system that you run. If that means we draft Watson, Fournette or Adams so be it. Just don't trade away this opportunity because fans think the more picks the better. 

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

yes, let's keep drafting defense in the first and third rounds, taking an underachieving offensive player in the 2nd, and then complain all year about how the offense has no playmakers and can't score.  the jets have drafted defense in the 1st and 3rd rounds in many recent drafts.

This...we need a star. We need someone like Odick Dickham, but not necessarily a WR. We need a player who can put the fear into opponents heads every week. Right now, there is nobody on our team that scares anyone, losing teams usually face this problem of lack of talent so it is time to upgrade now.

5 hours ago, Lray said:

Not from what I've seen. It's not my biggest concern anyway. If I wanted a tackling CB I'd take Humphrey, dudes a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

.http://draftbreakdown.com/video/quincy-wilson-vs-alabama-2016/

Maybe it is not fear but rather poor tackling but he looks like a liability in run game.  Also noticed some real separation by wr so I am curious how he does in his 40.  Would not mind him but do not think he worthy of 6th pick let alone 1st round.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

.http://draftbreakdown.com/video/quincy-wilson-vs-alabama-2016/

Maybe it is not fear but rather poor tackling but he looks like a liability in run game.  Also noticed some real separation by wr so I am curious how he does in his 40.  Would not mind him but do not think he worthy of 6th pick let alone 1st round.

Yeah I watched this tape again today after you mentioned the tackling. I didn't see him miss any tackles but he certainly doesn't make a beeline for the ball when its at the second level. I would say he has an unwillingness to get involved. Safeties helped him out a lot in tackles he did make. He struggles to get off blocks but for the most part he was blocked by TEs on run plays. I only noticed on maybe two or three plays any real separation and these were on quick pass plays. He tracks deep routes flawlessly. I think Cromartie is probably a pretty good comparison. Obviously a younger Cro... when he was good.

Agreed he's not worth the 6th.

11 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

This...we need a star. We need someone like Odick Dickham, but not necessarily a WR. We need a player who can put the fear into opponents heads every week. Right now, there is nobody on our team that scares anyone, losing teams usually face this problem of lack of talent so it is time to upgrade now.

they won't do it, but they should go offense in rounds 1 and 2.  get a real weapon at rb to pair with powell, so you always have fresh rbs who can run and catch.  they could also use a real TE.  maybe they can get jake butt later b/c of his injury.  he would be perfect for this team. 

23 hours ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

He is in my opinion the best corner in this draft class. Great athlete and makes plays on the football. Trade back into the back of the first round, and select him. I truly believe he can develop into a true number one corner. 

I love the way this kid plays. My concern is he is more of a Nickel CB at the NFL level. Are those at all legitimate concerns? 

Also, I am increasingly high on Sidney Jones. Very impressed with his skill set as a man-cover CB. I think he may end up being the best NFL CB in this draft and he will most likely not be the first CB off the board.

Thoughts on S.Jones? Dude looks like a perfect fit for our defense and his ball skills and ability to stick to the WR are amazing.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I love the way this kid plays. My concern is he is more of a Nickel CB at the NFL level. Are those at all legitimate concerns? 

Also, I am increasingly high on Sidney Jones. Very impressed with his skill set as a man-cover CB. I think he may end up being the best NFL CB in this draft and he will most likely not be the first CB off the board.

Thoughts on S.Jones? Dude looks like a perfect fit for our defense and his ball skills and ability to stick to the WR are amazing.  

I like him. Could do with bulking up a little and has a tendency to get a little handsy but he's a talented aggressive corner.

On 1/19/2017 at 5:49 PM, Lupz27 said:

Hooker if we're going DB

Hooker - watching his game vs Clemson he doesn't stand out as a game changer.  Yes he did have the int but he was playing deep center field and made a playhe should have or at the very least was not a wow play other than the distance he covered.  The rest ofthe game saw missed tackles, hesitation to attack the ball carrier at times, and not much else.  

On 1/20/2017 at 9:19 AM, Lray said:

Yeah I watched this tape again today after you mentioned the tackling. I didn't see him miss any tackles but he certainly doesn't make a beeline for the ball when its at the second level. I would say he has an unwillingness to get involved. Safeties helped him out a lot in tackles he did make. He struggles to get off blocks but for the most part he was blocked by TEs on run plays. I only noticed on maybe two or three plays any real separation and these were on quick pass plays. He tracks deep routes flawlessly. I think Cromartie is probably a pretty good comparison. Obviously a younger Cro... when he was good.

Agreed he's not worth the 6th.

I like the kid from Michigan Stribling 

Archived