HOTEL CALIFORNIA - TOWN WINS

DPR

Just now, Shad said:

I've seen it twice in the past few months.

Reactions/see who goes fishing for more/stupid WIFOM sh*t

Just saying it does happen.  If we'd lynched the guy who started poking and prodding for more details last time, my team would have won.  <_<

True, but he continued with the messages.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think that person claimed.

No, no, no. The three I mentioned wouldn't get the message that Crusher was scum. They sent it. If it works how MafiaScum says, than the Mailman is able to send a message to another player, via the Mod. It also said that similar roles can investigate then send a message.

If Scum sent the message, then Chrja is probably the perfect person to choose to send a fake message. Think about it. New player that no one really knows. People are not gonna know what to think and that's gonna confuse the hell out of everyone.

That still doesn't answer how they would know Crusher was scum to begin with. Getting an investigation result AND being able to send it to someone is one hell of an strong power.

Scum sending that kind of takes away from the theory that the big 3 are present and all Town.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrej The Giant said:

That still doesn't answer how they would know Crusher was scum to begin with. Getting an investigation result AND being able to send it to someone is one hell of an strong power.

Scum sending that kind of takes away from the theory that the big 3 are present and all Town.

1. True, that would be pretty OP. Which is why I'm inclined to think that, if the messages are real, then they were sent by Scum.

2. I don't think it takes it away from that theory at all. Town has 3 players that can send 1x abilities to the rest of Town, and Scum starts with abilities of their own. In fact, if those three are present and Town, than I would certainly expect Scum to be able to come right out of the gate with something.

26 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

True. I've been drinking (some), but I think I'm on to something. So far, though, you, Dice, Zander, and I all received our roles at about the same time. I don't think it's a big assumption to believe that everyone else did. So, assuming that Chrja is telling the truth, then the message came from someone who started the game with that role.

If this the case we know there would have to be a Scum!Mailman because a Towny is not gonna send another Towny a this guy is Scum message imo.

6 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

the wiki does mention a variant where the role gets a tracker or watcher ability but that wouldnt work here imo because theres no N0 actions

1 minute ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

If this the case we know there would have to be a Scum!Mailman because a Towny is not gonna send another Towny a this guy is Scum message imo.

Yes. That's been my whole point. That's why I believe the messages are false and that Crusher and Chrja are probably Town.

I don't think we're gonna be able to resolve this at the moment and I don't want to continue speculating too much at the risk of revealing more info than we already have.

what I want to happen is Chrja to come in here and no sh*t so either "yes I got a message" or "no, I was just screwing around"

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. Yeah, it is strange, but I believe all the roles awarded are just a x1. Although, perhaps if someone started with it, it isn't. Chrja did get two successive messages.

2 Yeah, this is what got me thinking about someone starting the game with that role. We can reasonable assume how Town gets their roles, but Scum doesn't necessarily have to follow the same rules.

3. Yes. I'm aware that Mailman could be Scum.

4.No, Chrja would not be the mailman. Someone else is, sending the messages to Chrja. What do you mean him claiming to get a message at Night?

I'm thinking that Chrja is not Scum, but could be a Townie Scum is toying with.

Im thinking if I was the Scum!Mailman myself Id have prolly played it just like Chrja did.

Tho him being setup by getting those messages makes sense too dont get me wrong.

@Andrej The Giant

Your role x1?!?!?!?!

19 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I'm here for you boo

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

16 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Agreed

12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. True, that would be pretty OP. Which is why I'm inclined to think that, if the messages are real, then they were sent by Scum.

2. I don't think it takes it away from that theory at all. Town has 3 players that can send 1x abilities to the rest of Town, and Scum starts with abilities of their own. In fact, if those three are present and Town, than I would certainly expect Scum to be able to come right out of the gate with something.

Like say Scum!Mailman!Chrja starting the game the way he did!?!?!?!?

5 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Im thinking if I was the Scum!Mailman myself Id have prolly played it just like Chrja did.

Tho him being setup by getting those messages makes sense too dont get me wrong.

@Andrej The Giant

Your role x1?!?!?!?!

I don't think you're getting it. A Mailman doesn't send messages to themselves, or claim to get messages. They do the sending. Anonymously. Chrja never made any role claim. Just that he was getting messages. If Chrja was a Scum Mailman, we wouldn't even be talking about Chrja right now.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't think you're getting it. A Mailman doesn't send messages to themselves, or claim to get messages. They do the sending. Anonymously. Chrja never made any role claim. Just that he was getting messages. If Chrja was a Scum Mailman, we wouldn't even be talking about Chrja right now.

I get it man, I dont think youre getting what im saying.

I know the Mailman SENDS the messages.

Im saying if theres a Scum!Mailman, what better way to play it then say YOU GOT A MESSAGE saying this person is that and creating a whole **** ton of WIFOM and to try and make yourself look Towny.

1 hour ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

OK who has all received one of the messages?!?!!?!

Has/can anyone send these messages?!!?!?!

Were the all just from the mod!??!?!

I feel like I'm missing something FFS!!!!!!

Mod's been sending me love letters all game, but I thought it was just a personal issue...

• Upvote 4

I get it man, I dont think youre getting what im saying.

I know the Mailman SENDS the messages.

Im saying if theres a Scum!Mailman, what better way to play it then say YOU GOT A MESSAGE saying this person is that and creating a whole **** ton of WIFOM and to try and make yourself look Towny.

Then anyone could do that. Them being a Mailman would have no effect on that strategy. That makes no sense, dude.

Im just saying thats how Id have played it.

And Im not saying that youre wrong in saying he could have been just as easily setup as well.

Im just not convinced like you are that Chrja's Town from this.  At least not atp.  Him hiding and being away from the thread so much and not answering my questions is making it much harder from me to try and decide which especially since I was already thinking he was Scum.

I dont get what you dont get man.

Your logic.

Why would someone get awarded a power (Mailman) and than sit there, not use that power, and then pretend that they are the recipient of someone else who has that power. They could just make that sh*t up anyway without there being a Mailman. You are just really hung up on the theory that Chrja is Scum.

Im just saying thats how Id have played it.

And Im not saying that youre wrong in saying he could have been just as easily setup as well.

Im just not convinced like you are that Chrja's Town from this.  At least not atp.  Him hiding and being away from the thread so much and not answering my questions is making it much harder from me to try and decide which especially since I was already thinking he was Scum.

True. I haven't been impressed by his game at all. My main point is that I don't think this is good enough evidence to lynch him and vet the message's claim about Crusher, as I had previously suggested. I think that's what Scum would want.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Your logic.

Why would someone get awarded a power (Mailman) and than sit there, not use that power, and then pretend that they are the recipient of someone else who has that power. They could just make that sh*t up anyway without there being a Mailman. You are just really hung up on the theory that Chrja is Scum.

Im saying if he was the Scum!Mailman or really even Scum at all because theyd know who was who and what roles they had because of their QT.

Who wants to create WIFOM Scum or Town?!?!!?

And yes I am hung up on it, thats def true.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

True. I haven't been impressed by his game at all. My main point is that I don't think this is good enough evidence to lynch him and vet the message's claim about Crusher, as I had previously suggested. I think that's what Scum would want.

Depending on if or what he comes back with Id be more then happy to just stab him tonight instead.

2 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Im saying if he was the Scum!Mailman or really even Scum at all because theyd know who was who and what roles they had because of their QT.

Who wants to create WIFOM Scum or Town?!?!!?

And yes I am hung up on it, thats def true.

What? You've lost me.