JPP

thadude

DLine is the absolute last position we have to address so the answer is no.  Our defense

has to be balanced out by beefing up our OLB's and secondary.  Do "Jet fans" even watch 

their team???

Pierre-Paul is:

- 28 years old

- Hasn't played a full season since 2014

- Hasn't had a big season since 2014

- Is coming off of a season ending injury & surgery

- Will forever be playing with 1.5 hands

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13256/jason-pierre-paul

We'll be back to "over-allocating" cap $$$ to the DLine position which needs to stop.
Williams is becoming a beast and I would expect Wilkerson to shake off "Haynesworth
disease" and get back to being a 10+ sack player in 2017.  On defense we need to
stock up on OLB's and secondary help which this draft is stocked with  

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Pierre-Paul is:

- 28 years old

We'll be back to "over-allocating" cap $$$ to the DLine position which needs to stop.
Williams is becoming a beast and I would expect Wilkerson to shake off "Haynesworth
disease" and get back to being a 10+ sack player in 2017.  On defense we need to

JPP would play outside LB. Unlike the other people our wacky coaches have tried to play there, he is athletic enough to do it. I think he would be a great addition to this team.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Pierre-Paul is:

- 28 years old

I think you've put the finger on the issue with this player.

This would be a short term signing that would win the Jets a few games, prolong the rebuilding process and not fundamentally change the team.

He would be a great addition to the Cowboys, for example, that need another piece to take the next level.

Until the Jets have a QB, the only player of this ilk that the Jets should sign is a WR or OL that will help the QB being developed.

I have no doubt that, in this draft, with the Jets 2nd round pick there will be an EDGE rusher sitting there.  

Maybe the strategy for the Jets is to overpay QBs that other teams draft while trying to find their own.  With this draft, given the Jets needs, it will be very hard to turn down quality players who they KNOW will be able to step in and contribute relatively soon over QBs who all seem to have issues.

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

This would be a short term signing that would win the Jets a few games, prolong the rebuilding process and not fundamentally change the team.

He would be a great addition to the Cowboys, for example, that need another piece to take the next level.

Until the Jets have a QB, the only player of this ilk that the Jets should sign is a WR or OL that will help the QB being developed.

I have no doubt that, in this draft, with the Jets 2nd round pick there will be an EDGE rusher sitting there.  

Maybe the strategy for the Jets is to overpay QBs that other teams draft while trying to find their own.  With this draft, given the Jets needs, it will be very hard to turn down quality players who they KNOW will be able to step in and contribute relatively soon over QBs who all seem to have issues.

I would love that....but there isn't a rule that says you can't have more than one on the team. 

21 hours ago, KRL said:

DLine is the absolute last position we have to address so the answer is no.  Our defense

has to be balanced out by beefing up our OLB's and secondary.  Do "Jet fans" even watch 

their team???

Oh yea your right I didn't know we were already so stacked with edge  rushers!

Archived