Broncos: An Offense with "Swagger"

varjet

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18469656/denver-broncos-make-former-san-diego-chargers-coach-mike-mccoy-team-offensive-coordinator

As we know, the Broncos have brought back their former OC (and a former HC) Mike McCoy as OC and brought in Bill Musgrave  (former OC of the Raiders) as QB Coach.  My guess is that Musgrave could have had the NYJ OC job.

This is how a well-managed team addresses formation of its coaching staff and the development of its QBs (which the article emphasizes).

As I discuss in my job virtually everyday, you don't need to come up with original ideas to be successful.  Most of the time, you can pretty much copy and adapt the ideas of others.

Quite frankly, I think 2 years ago people viewed Todd Bowles the same way they view Vance Joseph today.  I don't think Vance Joseph was hired because of his X and O ability either.  But Joseph will do better because he has more and better support, and a better organization behind him.

But we don't have Woody to kick around anymore.  Its your move, CWJ-what type of organization are we putting together?

I have expressed my view on Bowles-either extend him or fire him.  They basically got hired 2 years ago for a competitive rebuild job.  They almost succeeded in year 1 and failed in year 2 for many reasons, including the physical and attitudinal collapse of many of their top players.  I think questioning that approach is not productive-there remained a core of players who had uncuttable contracts, and it was worth a shot to provide some entertainment in 2015.  But now they are basically in a 2-3 year rebuild.  its a new job.  What are we going to do support them?

Blah, blah!!!  McCoy got fired in SD and ran back to his previous organization.  Musgrave got pushed out

in OAK because the Jets wanted to talk to Todd Downing (QB coach, now their OC) and they got scared

Blah, blah!!!  McCoy got fired in SD and ran back to his previous organization.  Musgrave got pushed out
in OAK because the Jets wanted to talk to Todd Downing (QB coach, now their OC) and they got scared

regardless , the Jets still don't have an OC , QB coach, offensive philosophy , no way to get a playbook or tape for the young qbs to study and learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived