Any New Jersey Generals Fans Out There?

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

20NOCERA-master768.jpg

I don't want to make this political, but as a Generals fan who attended about 5 games back in the 80s this is a pretty cool day. 

I'm sure there are others of us out there, a little recognition is due. 

SAR I

SAR 1....I know we all expected big things, but Herschel getting elected President, wow!:D

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I went to a few Generals games. Trump was not a beloved figure in the USFL. A good number of people felt he was a key reason they folded. He did try to buy the Bills a couple of years ago and the NFL said NO. 

True, but in the end our owner is now the President Of The United States.

If Joe Namath were inaugurated yesterday, Derek Jeter perhaps, we'd be quite proud.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I went to a few Generals games. Trump was not a beloved figure in the USFL. A good number of people felt he was a key reason they folded. He did try to buy the Bills a couple of years ago and the NFL said NO. 

Make stuff up much?

The NFL never said no to him buying the Bills.

Its a business and someone else simply offered more money.

6 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Make stuff up much?

The NFL never said no to him buying the Bills.

Its a business and someone else simply offered more money.

Link

In 2014, after the death of team founder Ralph C. Wilson Jr., Trump was one of three finalists in the quest to buy the Buffalo Bills. Wilson’s estate, and ultimately the National Football League owners, chose Terry and Kim Pegula’s $1.4 billion bid over Trump’s offer of a reported $1 billion.

I was a fan of the Generals. Did not make it to any games though, mostly because I was living in Orlando at the time. I did see a few USFL games though, once the Washington Federals moved to Orlando and became the Renegades. Even made it over to Tampa to watch a championship game between Philadelphia and Arizona, And man, those Arizona cheerleader outfits. Wow. Never would cut it in the staid NFL. I sure wish the league stayed in the spring.

33 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Even made it over to Tampa to watch a championship game between Philadelphia and Arizona, And man, those Arizona cheerleader outfits. Wow. Never would cut it in the staid NFL. I sure wish the league stayed in the spring.

Before I leave for the complimentary roundtrip to Jamaica I won as a Jets STH at the Rams game, I leave a parting gift for those who recall the USFL cheerleaders. And remember gentleman, those ladies are probably your mothers and grandmothers by now. :lol:

comments:

Roseanne Finocchiaro 

OMG My sister linda became captain of this squad! Shes at 1;33 in the red and black ! LInda your still HOT!

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

That is because Trump's end game was to merge with the NFL. He got the USFL to sue the NFL based on antitrust violations, hoping the NFL would settle the suit by absorbing a few of the stronger USFL franchises.

57 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I was a fan of the Generals. Did not make it to any games though, mostly because I was living in Orlando at the time. I did see a few USFL games though, once the Washington Federals moved to Orlando and became the Renegades. Even made it over to Tampa to watch a championship game between Philadelphia and Arizona, And man, those Arizona cheerleader outfits. Wow. Never would cut it in the staid NFL. I sure wish the league stayed in the spring.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Link

In 2014, after the death of team founder Ralph C. Wilson Jr., Trump was one of three finalists in the quest to buy the Buffalo Bills. Wilson’s estate, and ultimately the National Football League owners, chose Terry and Kim Pegula’s $1.4 billion bid over Trump’s offer of a reported $1 billion.

1.4B vs 1B bottom line.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I was a huge fan. Probably a bigger generals fan than a jets fan. Loved Herschel walker. 

I still have a couple of generals gear that somehow survived my childhood. 

That's awesome.  That gear is almost certainly worth good money.  I was a big fan of Herschel as well but I have to admit I was glad when the USFL folded because it was a talent influx into the NFL.  Then again, the player I remember most was Jim Kelly, who crushed the Jets.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

20NOCERA-master768.jpg

I don't want to make this political, but as a Generals fan who attended about 5 games back in the 80s this is a pretty cool day. 

I'm sure there are others of us out there, a little recognition is due. 

SAR I

The General and the commander-in-chief.

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The new president is the one who ended the USFL with his idiocy.

He sued the NFL and won, won big.  It forced a merger, that's why the USFL's Boise Jaguars and Tacoma Panthers exist to this very day.

SAR I

Archived