Steelers get a questionable pregame meal from mysterious hobo wearing hoodie

Bugg

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/01/19/steelers-dealing-with-bout-of-stomach-flu-as-preps-continue-for-big-game/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Steelers are not just battling the New England Patriots this week; they’re also dealing with a bout of the stomach flu.

Tight end Ladarius Green missed practice Thursday because of it, and he was not alone. Five others couldn’t suit up either.

Over the last two days, as many as 15 players have been dealing with the illness.

But head coach Mike Tomlin isn’t using it as an excuse.

“We’re not making excuses; there won’t be. We’ll be there, we’ll be ready to play. This is just part of the normal things that happen over the course of a season,” said Tomlin.

Le’Veon Bell also missed the practice Thursday, but for personal reasons.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

Meanwhile, the offensive line was intact during the practice session, and that was a good thing.

When you look at the Steelers’ offensive success in their current nine game win streak, they have been the jumper cable that gets the car moving.

Nobody appreciates that more than quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

“Feels good. I think it’s because of how well the line’s played, by far the fewest sacks I’ve ever taken in a year,” said Roethlisberger. “I think we ended up number two in the league in least sacks, and that just speaks for those guys and their determination and how good they want to be and how great they really are.”

The offensive line has a lot to do with the Steelers’ defense getting better, too. When you don’t have to be on the field as much, it makes doing your job easier.

I can't stand Roethlisrapist, but be that as it may, he picked a fine time to get injured while the team comes down with an exotic disease. Not pleased with having to choose between a serial rapist and a serial cheater, and I certainly wouldn't characterize it as 'rooting', but there it is, Spittsburgh by a hair. Yeah, yeah, Big Dope walked, but it reeks to high heaven in my book. What a hypocrite. He should have written I rape for Jesus on his sneakers.  Anyway, if the Steelers upend the Cheats, I hope they get destroyed by whoever wins ATL/GB.  It's really all one can really ask for in such a puke-worthy situation. 

What kills me, too, as an aside, is that the Jets gimped the crash dummy deviant on a 3rd & 19 in the Champ game the second time around, and our lovable lummoxes still managed to lose. Don't be surprised if the armpits of PA blow chunks in this one, though, because ya know, life sukks.  OK, I guess I'm done with my stomach flu rant.

I did laugh at the thread title, though.  Good work. 

9 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

That is what it means to be fanatical. which is where the term fan is derived and something most jet fans have no clue about.  A fan base, who rightly or wrongly, stands behind their team .

That being said, I hope those cheating bastards come up short   

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, Warfish said:

Just heard something about the Steelers hotel having a fire alarm last night at 3 am.

Seriously Pats?:rolleyes:

Chris Villani ‏@ChrisVillani44 

"I'm drunk, I'm stupid, I'm a Pats fan" -- Dennis Harrison to police after being arrested for pulling a fire alarm at Steelers' hotel

Archived