Falcons/Pats?

TuscanyTile2

If it's a Falcons/Pats matchup I don't think Atlanta has a chance in heck to win that game.  (though I do think Atlanta could beat the Steelers).  So basically the Steelers have to win tonight or else Belichick/Brady are the greatest ever (5 SB wins).

lol ridiculous statement man. 44 points. 1 punt 1 FG..rest of the drives straight pay dirt. The D has been terrorizing Rodgers. Tha mixture is bad news for the Patriots. Texans did a nice job on defense but we all knew they were way too mediocre on offense to keep up..these Falcons will have ZERO issues keeping up. In fact, you can make an argument NE will have to keep up. 

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If it's a Falcons/Pats matchup I don't think Atlanta has a chance in heck to win that game.  (though I do think Atlanta could beat the Steelers).  So basically the Steelers have to win tonight or else Belichick/Brady are the greatest ever (5 SB wins).

Way ahead of yourself there bro. After this performance Atlanta's defense wants their respect and whoever they play is going to be in for a tough one. I say the Falcons beat New England in a close one and steamroll the Steelers.

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Pats or Steelers have no chance against Falcons on a neutral field. Unless Houstan fans cheer for Pats due to their coaches' New England connection, it will be a pro Falcons crowd due to Atlanta's proximity to Houston. 

This. And they won't be cheering the Pats. Those fans couldn't care less about Bill O'Brian.? They put the Texans out. There will be a lot of red and black in that stadium.

Atlanta is a great team at home but it's a different story on a neutral field.  Plus Green Bay laid it all on the line last week and were tired this week.  New England had the bye and played Houston (relatively easy game).  Plus Belichick is far better than Mike McCarthy and Brady has tons of big-game experience.  New England will easily beat Atlanta if it comes to it.

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Pats or Steelers have no chance against Falcons on a neutral field. Unless Houstan fans cheer for Pats due to their coaches' New England connection, it will be a pro Falcons crowd due to Atlanta's proximity to Houston. 

So you think Atlanta will be favored (if they play the Pats)?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Pats are great, but I think you aren't giving Atlanta enough credit. Not only did they just blow Rodgers out of the water on a hot streak but they did the same to Wilson the week before. 

They won their games at home.  And Rodgers and the Packers were tired from last week.  The Pats always come to play and they have arguably the greatest coach/QB tandem in NFL history and they'll be going for a 5th SB title (separating themselves from Bradshaw/Noll)

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They won their games at home.  And Rodgers and the Packers were tired from last week.  The Pats always come to play and they have arguably the greatest coach/QB tandem in NFL history and they'll be going for a 5th SB title (separating themselves from Bradshaw/Noll)

Personally, I don't think it will matter on mutual grounds. Especially when Georgia is close to Texas, but I do acknowledge your points. I see it being a 28-24 type of game. But then again, I thought that last week when first finding out it would be GB vs. ATL..so you never know.

Atlanta is the better team all around. Ride the jock of Brady and Belicheck all you want, Atlanta has the best offense and a defense that mirrors Seattle when they were great. To say they have no chance is just an idiotic statement in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

Atlanta is the better team all around. Ride the jock of Brady and Belicheck all you want, Atlanta has the best offense and a defense that mirrors Seattle when they were great. To say they have no chance is just an idiotic statement in my opinion. 

They've only won 4 Superbowls and appeared in 6 (and possibly 7 after tonight). 

Atlanta is primed and ready to show the world they are legit. The Pats, while a great team are not going to be able to cope with that Atlanta D. It doesn't matter how many Super Bowls you won. The past is the past. I see Atlanta winning by a touchdown at least. Falcons 31 Pats 17.

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Atlanta is primed and ready to show the world they are legit. The Pats, while a great team are not going to be able to cope with that Atlanta D. It doesn't matter how many Super Bowls you won. The past is the past. I see Atlanta winning by a touchdown at least. Falcons 31 Pats 17.

Atlanta literally does not make mistakes. They score 7 every single time they touch the ball.

Atlanta has better weapons (especially without Gronk and Bennett's injury) but Brady is a better QB by far than Ryan.  Offense is thus a tie.

NE is significantly better defensively and has much better special teams.  They always do well against finesse offenses, and coaching is a mismatch.

This will be a great game, bc I think Atlanta matches up well against the NE D, but ultimately I just don't see it.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Atlanta literally does not make mistakes. They score 7 every single time they touch the ball.

The website below says that teams average around 12 offensive drives per game.  So you predict Atlanta will score ~84 points?

https://www.quora.com/How-many-possessions-per-game-does-a-team-average-in-the-NFL

14 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

I predict an uninspiring, rather boring superbowl game that ends in a blowout. The entire playoffs has been this, why would it change for the superbowl.

Yup

For as good as the baseball playoffs were this past year and how good the Stanley Cup playoffs usually are, the NFL playoffs and basically the entire season has been a snoozefest.

1 minute ago, faba said:

NFL playoffs except for Cowboy Packer game have been non competitive unwatchable-now we get Pats again oh the agony

Brady does the same crap every game.  He spreads out every defense and throws underneath whether it be Edelman or some other guy in the flat or a running back coming out of the backfield

13 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

First, I do not think it matters who the folks in Houston root for.  Second, to even say NE has no chance is comical.  Finally, I agree with those above who have stated that Atlanta is a young team.  They have never been there.  In my mind, the Pats bring home their 5th.

Looks like the Pats will open up as somewhere between  2.5 and 3.5 point favorites...

Atlanta's defense is coming into it's own this post season... They've got the pass rush they need from Beasley. Their leading tacklers yesterday were all rookies. Collins looks like a great young CB... They held their last 4 regular season opponents (and Seattle) to under 20 points. They're creating turnovers. 

I don't know. Anything can happen in the SB... Any given Sunday, and all that.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Steelers are a legit threat against the Pats but I think the Falcons will be lunch meat.

Pats will not be able to stop Falcons. The only way they win is if they can keep up. I don't think the Falcons secondary will be as unorganized and stupid as the Steelers. They also have a bit of a rush. The Falcons offense is scary good because they can run and pass. If they play their normal game they should put up enough points to win.

Archived