Falcons/Pats?

TuscanyTile2

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

Disagree.  This Falcons team looks like they can handle NE just fine.  Certainly no basis to say they don't have a chance.  Vegas will still make the Pats favorites and although I rarely bet, I'd be very tempted by ATL + points.

Allow me to tell you how this goes: Malcolm Butler is mysteriously allowed to hang on Julio Jones without getting flagged, Brady, despite facing a really good Falcons pass rush, mysteriously has eight seconds to throw every play. It takes Matt Ryan 3 1/2 quarters to realize he's on the wrong side of a conspiracy and the Pats win 24-17.

Pats once again have a stroll to the super bowl.   Houston a team with one of the worst offenses ever to set foot in a playoff game,. Pittsburgh loses their only hope for a win when Bell gets hurt early.

Atlanta needs to score 35 points to win this game because their defense will give up lots.

That Atlanta offense is no joke, as it was one of the better offenses the Raiders faced all year.  Their defense can be beat .     The Falcons have a good chance of winning there first championship.  ( looks to be high scoring affair , and the team who has the ball last might be the winner.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The website below says that teams average around 12 offensive drives per game.  So you predict Atlanta will score ~84 points?

https://www.quora.com/How-many-possessions-per-game-does-a-team-average-in-the-NFL

First of all sit down because obviously it was a hyperbole to express how high powered the offense is, and second of all..shiit they scored half of that.

4 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

First, I do not think it matters who the folks in Houston root for.  Second, to even say NE has no chance is comical.  Finally, I agree with those above who have stated that Atlanta is a young team.  They have never been there.  In my mind, the Pats bring home their 5th.

First, it matters how the crowd will cheer for both team. Don't get me started on home field advantage discussions. 

Second, you are right on saying NE has no chance. Although I believe Falcons will win, I should never discount a cheating organization. 

Finally, your mind is playing a trick on you. Falcons will win. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Allow me to tell you how this goes: Malcolm Butler is mysteriously allowed to hang on Julio Jones without getting flagged, Brady, despite facing a really good Falcons pass rush, mysteriously has eight seconds to throw every play. It takes Matt Ryan 3 1/2 quarters to realize he's on the wrong side of a conspiracy and the Pats win 24-17.

Sounds about right.

Let me tell you how this goes. Its not 2001 in the NFL anymore. Last time the Patriots played an offense as high powered as the Rams were in that Superbowl, 2 things gave the Patriots the chances they needed to win that game, one, Mike Martz was a f*cking putz who thought he could ignore giving the ball to Marshall Faulk & throw every down vs Belichick, number 2, your not allowed to hang on too, grab, chuck, and hit a defenseless WR like the Pats did to intimidate the Rams in 2001.

While the Pats NEVER get called for defensive or offensive holding AT HOME, this is the Super Bowl, 99% of the country believe the Patriots are cheaters and Quinn will remind the officials about it before the game. Brandon Marshall abuses Butler with a sh*tty QB, Julio Jones will be the healthiest he's been all year, Sanu is a stud, and those 2 running backs are awesome slashers who get chunk yardage.

Quinn won't abandon the run game but he has an offense loaded with enough talent to spread the Pats out & run through those creases. The Steelers even with their 9 game winning streak were beating Patsy cakes the whole time & never even got in the endzone vs the Chiefs, then they lose Bell. Plus, they have ZERO pass rush but the oldest defensive player in the league (Harrison coming off the edge), Falcons have Beasley.

The Falcons are BY FAR, the most balanced offense the Patriots have faced all season & those 2 running backs Freeman & Coleman LOVE running inside domes, they are both quick and possess awesome moves.

Almost every play Rogers made was OUTSIDE the pocket, Falcons chased him pretty good, and Brady doesn't even like moving outside of the pocket, he likes to move around WITHIN the pocket.

Final analysis: Falcons 34-30, final score is not indicative of the game, Pats with a late TD, onside kick, Julio recovers.

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is nice that you are confident, but the ZERO pass rush Steelers were 9th in the NFL in sacks.  The Falcons were 16th.  Tied with the Pats. 

Means nothing. Pats make you play differently, the LBs can't blitz as much. It becomes MATCHUPS. Beasley is 3 times the rusher 39 year old James Harrison is. Steelers got down 10 early, changes everything again. Falcons need to get up on the Pats, which they can do & then they can take some chances. Biggest offensive series will be the Falcons 1st to set the tone of the game. Plus the Falcons stretch their runs out, & 1 cut & go, which could really test Long & Ninkovic on the edges.

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Means nothing. Pats make you play differently, the LBs can't blitz as much. It becomes MATCHUPS. Beasley is 3 times the rusher 39 year old James Harrison is. Steelers got down 10 early, changes everything again. Falcons need to get up on the Pats, which they can do & then they can take some chances. Biggest offensive series will be the Falcons 1st to set the tone of the game. Plus the Falcons stretch their runs out, & 1 cut & go, which could really test Long & Ninkovic on the edges.

You can look at it that way.  You can also look at it as the Pats never let your best player beat you.  I don't see them having a huge problem taking one guy out of the game. The Falcons offense has been locked in, but I am not extremely confident in them continuing at anywhere near this pace against the Pats.  The Pats really tend to reign in the big play.  It should be a fun matchup. 

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can look at it that way.  You can also look at it as the Pats never let your best player beat you.  I don't see them having a huge problem taking one guy out of the game. The Falcons offense has been locked in, but I am not extremely confident in them continuing at anywhere near this pace against the Pats.  The Pats really tend to reign in the big play.  It should be a fun matchup. 

Falcons will move the ball. You tire out a defense by RUNNING the ball, which the Falcons can do. Julio is on another PLANET, 2 weeks rest! Plus he barely played in the 4th quarter yesterday. Shanahan is a AWESOME OC, learned everything from his father who always gave Belichick fits.

TE & Fullback WILL BE INVOLVED, and most likely WIDE OPEN. You can't cover everyone & Ryan knows his progressions.Gabriel is coming on too, Sanu has had a great year. Hooper the TE is decent.

They just can't play from behind or BB will kill them with a huge dose of Blount.

It's going to be the Falcons by plenty.

Brady and Belichick in their 7th and last Superbowl for the Pats are simply going to be outplayed by a team that has come into it's best form at the right time of year.

Pats are the best team in the AFC but the Falcons right now are just a cut above. 44-10 Falcons.

2 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

It's going to be the Falcons by plenty.

Brady and Belichick in their 7th and last Superbowl for the Pats are simply going to be outplayed by a team that has come into it's best form at the right time of year.

Pats are the best team in the AFC but the Falcons right now are just a cut above. 44-10 Falcons.

They made the Packers and Seattle look like CFL teams two weeks in a row. Patriots haven't had to play anyone good so far. Atlanta has played REAL contenders all post season and murdered them all. I don't think the Patriots know what they are in for. They will be shell shocked when that "solid defense" has no answer for Matt Ryan on third down. They barely ever get put on 4th down.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They made the Packers and Seattle look like CFL teams two weeks in a row. Patriots haven't had to play anyone good so far. Atlanta has played REAL contenders all post season and murdered them all. I don't think the Patriots know what they are in for. They will be shell shocked when that "solid defense" has no answer for Matt Ryan on third down. They barely ever get put on 4th down.

Yep, while I'm no Pats fan for sure for me the Falcons are just in too rich a vein of form with their young guys clicking, knowing their role and Matty Ice playing he best games he's played. Bit like the year Flacco got it all together.

Of course Vegas are going to give the Pats the favorite tag with their history, but if you knew nothing about history and just go off recent form the Falcons are just the more complete team right now IMO. And by a fair way.

NE doesn't need to stop all the ATL weapons, they need to stop one-Matt Ryan. Bill Belichek has made a career of confusing the ever loving sh*t out of QB's. Matt Ryan is a good QB playing outstanding because of his weapons. Throw up looks that deceive him and force him to make a throw he thinks is right but may not be and he will start to get rattled fast. In my mind NE takes this one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

NE doesn't need to stop all the ATL weapons, they need to stop one-Matt Ryan. Bill Belichek has made a career of confusing the ever loving sh*t out of QB's. Matt Ryan is a good QB playing outstanding because of his weapons. Throw up looks that deceive him and force him to make a throw he thinks is right but may not be and he will start to get rattled fast. In my mind NE takes this one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

But I think Kyle Shanahan will be able to call plays that make it easier to get the ball to playmakers without much risk. He has done it all year. He is a major reason they are where they are. These swing passes out of the back field are genius, and it's not like it anything new he just knows when to call these plays and the blocking schemes are executed to perfection.

Archived