Dan Quinn

Lizard King

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Was anyone watching the improving Falcon defense shut down the hottest QB in the NFL yesterday ? Did any of you watch as the season progressed ? Not only do the Falcons have Matt Ryan but they probably have the best RB tandem in the NFL and an Offensive line that can both run block and pass protect and that's not even mentioning who I feel is the best WR in the NFL in Julio Jones. Also while this Defense has given up some points and yards they clearly got better as the season went on and that was obvious yesterday and if you watched them during the season their Defense did make some plays and was extremely aggressive. 

After saying all of that the Jets impatience on not waiting to have a shot at Quinn because Seattle was in the playoffs was yet another mistake to chalk up for the NY Jets I mean what were they worried they would lose out on Todd Freakin Bowles ? LOL . Its obvious Dan Quinn has his Atlanta defense on the right path and since the offense needs no help they will be adding even more young players in this years draft to an already young defense who added some nice Vets like Freeny to fill some pass rushing voids as a specialty pass rusher. How many times did they Hit Rodgers yesterday ? A lot

Bottom line Dan Quinn is going to the SB in year 2  Todd Bowles and his entire team regressed. When I look at Atlanta's schedule they played Tampa 2 x NO 2 x Carolina 2 x (all tough games) they played Seattle they played the Eagles they played KC they played Arizona they played Denver they played Oakland the only 3 teams you could say that were bad on their schedule were LA, SD, and SF and SD gave a lot of teams fits and lost a lot of close games. Their schedule was tougher than ours.

Dan Quinn should have been the choice and a lot of us stated that at the time so this is not hindsight. I tried to be positive about the Bowles Signing but I always wanted Quinn or make a big run at Harbaugh we did neither.

1) How many current Jets players would start on the Falcons?

2) How many coaches getting fired do you think it will take for Jets fans to realize that the problems of this team are far greater?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

It's totally the point.  It's comparing two Jets HC candidates in identical situations.  Quinn got better and Bowles got worse. Woody had no control over Matt Ryan.  He DID have the option to wait on Quinn vs. hiring Bowles.  

If given the choice, trade Todd Bowles for Dan Quinn or trade the Falcons roster for the Jets, leaving the coaches the same, which would you choose?

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

1) How many current Jets players would start on the Falcons?

2) How many coaches getting fired do you think it will take for Jets fans to realize that the problems of this team are far greater?

How many Jets would start on the Falcons ? Maybe 1 or 2 on offense. Maybe none :)

The problem with the Jets is coaching we have some players here its not like we have a roster totally devoid of talent. I know I keep saying this but if you bring in a Jim Harbaugh this team is a different team with most of the same players and young talent from the upcoming draft. Good coaches mean just as much as good QB's and when you have both your the Patriots, Steelers, Seattles and Green Bays of the world you know the teams that just keep winning and making the playoffs every year. if you want to win consistently you have to have both IMHO we have neither. If the Jest with this current roster had Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan we would probably have been a much better team this year by a large margin.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

How many Jets would start on the Falcons ? Maybe 1 or 2 on offense. Maybe none :)

The problem with the Jets is coaching we have some players here its not like we have a roster totally devoid of talent. I know I keep saying this but if you bring in a Jim Harbaugh this team is a different team with most of the same players and young talent from the upcoming draft. Good coaches mean just as much as good QB's and when you have both your the Patriots, Steelers, Seattles and Green Bays of the world you know the teams that just keep winning and making the playoffs every year. if you want to win consistently you have to have both IMHO we have neither. If the Jest with this current roster had Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan we would probably have been a much better team this year by a large margin.

Funny you named 4 teams with some of the best QBs in the league.

Well we're going to hear about Quinn vs Bowles from the media all week.  Definitely Mehta, he's the one who implied that Quinn was telling executives in interviews he's like to hire Kyle Shanahan and acquire Cousins.  Still don't think he would have turned down the ATL job though.  Seemed to be the one everyone wanted.  Blank wanted Rex if I recall correctly.  Would Rex have the Falcons in the SB?

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Funny you named 4 teams with some of the best QBs in the league.

yes and I stated that the reason they win consistently is because they have both QB and HC ...why did Atlanta change their HC ? Because they were winning all the time ? They will probably join that group soon and they may just win a SB

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lol

you can't be serious.... The Jets have some roster issues no doubt but they are not near as bad talent wise as their record indicates. A better coach would have gotten much more out of this roster . How many times did we see players out of position ? How many times did we see players miss assignments ? How many times did we see gross mismanagement of the clock while we were still in games early ? How many times did we punt on 4th and 1 on the other side of the 50 yard line ? How many adjustments did we see when the same sh*t kept happening over and over ? When was this staff going to realize Revis needed safety help over the top ? The list of how bad this team was coached is long and it was the same sh*t last year so knock the talent all you want the main problems with this football team was the HC the OC the DC (who lost his play calling ability yet still hilariously has a job ) and the QB who was never reigned in from slinging the ball all over the field. 

5 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Well we're going to hear about Quinn vs Bowles from the media all week.  Definitely Mehta, he's the one who implied that Quinn was telling executives in interviews he's like to hire Kyle Shanahan and acquire Cousins.  Still don't think he would have turned down the ATL job though.  Seemed to be the one everyone wanted.  Blank wanted Rex if I recall correctly.  Would Rex have the Falcons in the SB?

Quinn being from here would have taken the Jets Job if the Idiot Jets would have been patient

Just now, Smashmouth said:

you can't be serious.... The Jets have some roster issues no doubt but they are not near as bad talent wise as their record indicates. A better coach would have gotten much more out of this roster . How many times did we see players out of position ? How many times did we see players miss assignments ? How many times did we see gross mismanagement of the clock while we were still in games early ? How many times did we punt on 4th and 1 on the other side of the 50 yard line ? How many adjustments did we see when the same sh*t kept happening over and over ? When was this staff going to realize Revis needed safety help over the top ? The list of how bad this team was coached is long and it was the same sh*t last year so knock the talent all you want the main problems with this football team was the HC the OC the DC (who lost his play calling ability yet still hilariously has a job ) and the QB who was never reigned in from slinging the ball all over the field. 

We suck out loud at literally every position that matters in the modern NFL. If you think a new coach will magically turn Bryce Petty and Lorenzo Mauldin into impact players, I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Only morons think Quinn is the "magic ingredient" because if he was what happened in 2015???  He has a QB who is

playing on an MVP level which covers over a TON of flaws

Thank you !!

The Falcons are Loaded!!!

They have better backs, TEs, WRs, OL and oh yea maybe the MVP of the league in their QB!!

Yea but other than that the Jets are just as good as the Falcons and Quin would have made up for all of those players, including the worst 

47 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If given the choice, trade Todd Bowles for Dan Quinn or trade the Falcons roster for the Jets, leaving the coaches the same, which would you choose?

My point isn't that our roster has problems. We all know it's bad.  I am just saying that Woody had the choice to make to hire Bowles or take his chance he could entice Quinn to come here.  In hindsight it looks like he made the wrong choice.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

and coaches developing young players

Yup. 

They were saying on the broadcast that it took Ryan just about all of 2015 just to get comfortable with the terminology of the playbook and that he worrying more about getting the call right then making the throw. (Now you know that wouldn't play here. LOL

I think somone in this thread stated that the Atlanta defense was a bad defense. Well if they are then I sure as would like to see what a good defense is. They shutdown the hottest QB in the game and tore apart another in Russell Wilson.

Now comes probably the ultimate test. It is going to be interesting to see what they come up with for the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We suck out loud at literally every position that matters in the modern NFL. If you think a new coach will magically turn Bryce Petty and Lorenzo Mauldin into impact players, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't think Mauldin is a particularly  good player at all and Petty came in with a team that packed it in  I would like to see more of our young QB's next year because if we are not going to even give them a chance why the **** even bother ? Its all moot because Bowles is coming back and he's only interested in giving his buddies jobs coaching this team.

Also some coaches use different methods know how to get the most out of players know how to use players in situational football things could be very different with a different coach. Sort of like the firew Parcells lit under his players asses in 97 and 98

1 minute ago, KRL said:

As much as it pains me to say there is only one HC in the league that can actually win
games with a lack of talent and that is Belichick.  Every other coach is a slave to their
roster

Belichick in 7+ seasons has an under .500(well under) record without Tom Brady as his starting QB.  Life is a lot easier when you have the best QB(who is underpaid to help the team) of all time under C.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you !!

They have better backs, TEs, WRs, OL and oh yea maybe the MVP of the league in their QB!!

Yea but other than that the Jets are just as good as the Falcons and Quin would have made up for all of those players, including the worst 

Charlie you need to stop.... no one is comparing the 2 teams, their are glaring differences between the Jets and the Falcons but the Falcons were not exactly burning it down before Quinn got there its the reason they changed coaches to begin with. It worked. Right ? What if Quinn comes here and battles against Fitz and does something totally different at QB like maybe trade up or go after another player like Cousins ? or even Foe's Glennon ? What exactly Did Bowles do ?

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Belichick in 7+ seasons has an under .500(well under) record without Tom Brady as his starting QB.  Life is a lot easier when you have the best QB(who is underpaid to help the team) of all time under C.

Hoe did Belichick do with Cassel ? Please lets not talk Browns football here or the first year he coached the Pats. Belichick developed Tom Brady and he continues to field a good football team every year,

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you !!

they are loaded as they were before he got there, last I checked they weren't going to any SBs.  Quinn has done a much better job than Bowles, we got screwed not being patient and waiting for Quinn and now we are stuck w/ Bowles.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Hoe did Belichick do with Cassel ? Please lets not talk Browns football here or the first year he coached the Pats. Belichick developed Tom Brady and he continues to field a good football team every year,

he went 10-5 w/ him as a starter a year after going 16-0 w/ Brady against a much easier schedule and missed the playoffs.  Oh and 2 years later Cassell would lead KC to a div title.  Thank you for asking.

so the first 18 games in NE where he was 5-13 don't count? just from game 3 of 2001 when coincidentally Brady became the starter.  Got it.

13 hours ago, KRL said:

If Bowles had the 2015 Quinn did Jet fans would've been calling for him to be fired 
last year.  I know most "big football fans" won't know this but:

- ATL started the season 5-0 with a real QB

- They then went 3-8 the rest of the year and missed the playoffs

Plus, Falcons, by going 8-8 last year benefited from a .418 strength of schedule this yearand a QB having an MVP season, and an All-Pro WR

Jets, by going 10-6 last year, had a .518 strength of schedule this year and the worst QB play in the NFL, and the No.1 WR getting into a locker room feud with a guy who drives around high with a 12 year old boy in the back seat.

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

As much as it pains me to say there is only one HC in the league that can actually win
games with a lack of talent and that is Belichick.  Every other coach is a slave to their
roster

because belichick has an incredibly good system and an incredibly good QB. They can add a player here or a player their to that offense and fit them right into a system that works how the Hell is Hogan all of a sudden a world beater ? Great system. You either get open or you don't he gets open because they design plays that work abd brady knows just by looking at the defense whats going to work and what is not its nice to play in the same system for 15 years

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

because belichick has an incredibly good system and an incredibly good QB. They can add a player here or a player their to that offense and fit them right into a system that works how the Hell is Hogan all of a sudden a world beater ? Great system. You either get open or you don't he gets open because they design plays that work abd brady knows just by looking at the defense whats going to work and what is not its nice to play in the same system for 15 years

Just curious, how has that system worked w/o Tom Brady?

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he went 10-5 w/ him as a starter a year after going 16-0 w/ Brady against a much easier schedule and missed the playoffs.  Oh and 2 years later Cassell would lead KC to a div title.  Thank you for asking.

so the first 18 games in NE where he was 5-13 don't count? just from game 3 of 2001 when coincidentally Brady became the starter.  Got it.

where exactly is Cassel now ? thanks

The first 18 games ??? Are you fcuking serious ? A new coach implementing a new system who then went on a historic SB / AFCCG run and your questioning him ? Please stop.

No coach was choosing us over the Falcons a few years ago.  The prevailing thought when Mike Smith got fired was that the Falcons job was far and away the best job available.  Why? because they had a ton of talent and always seemed to under achieve.  In no way am I taking anything away from Dan Quinn because I do agree you need more than just a franchise QB to win but I think the idea that they didn't want to wait for Quinn was a little saving face.  I think the Jets knew the Falcons were offering him the job and that there was very little chance the Jets could compete with a loaded Falcons roster.  So in the end the Jets took a the sure thing who by all reports was considered just as good if not a better hire than Quinn anyway.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they are loaded as they were before he got there, last I checked they weren't going to any SBs.  Quinn has done a much better job than Bowles, we got screwed not being patient and waiting for Quinn and now we are stuck w/ Bowles.

Unmmm no where in my post did I remotely imply that Quinn hasn't done a better job than Bowles this year and it isn't even close. 

What I was responding to was that we are deficient across the board in key positions.  

Now if you believe that if Quinn were here that Fitzpatrick would have turned into an MVP candidate than we have some debating to do. 

2 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

No coach was choosing us over the Falcons a few years ago.  The prevailing thought when Mike Smith got fired was that the Falcons job was far and away the best job available.  Why? because they had a ton of talent and always seemed to under achieve.  In no way am I taking anything away from Dan Quinn because I do agree you need more than just a franchise QB to win but I think the idea that they didn't want to wait for Quinn was a little saving face.  I think the Jets knew the Falcons were offering him the job and that there was very little chance the Jets could compete with a loaded Falcons roster.  So in the end the Jets took a the sure thing who by all reports was considered just as good if not a better hire than Quinn anyway.

People look through rose colored glasses. They put on their Jet green hat and act as if that is enough for the Jets to win a SB.  

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

where exactly is Cassel now ? thanks

The first 18 games ??? Are you fcuking serious ? A new coach implementing a new system who then went on a historic SB / AFCCG run and your questioning him ? Please stop.

don't know, he's a backup but I do know he won a division title in KC and couldn't get an undefeated team to the playoffs in NE.

oh that's the excuse now as if other coaches haven't come in and had some success year 1.  Heck, Adam gase just made the playoffs w/ a much worse franchise.  NE was going nowhere, BB was on the hot seat already and Brady rescued his HC career and that franchise and turned them into a dynasty.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Cassel went 11-5 didn't he ?

they were 10-5 in games cassel started.  that's 5 more losses than the year before w/ the same team minus the QB against a much easier sched.  if we lose 5 more games next year we'll be 0-16, if NE loses 5 more games next year they will be 9-7, if Miami loses 5 more games next year they will be 5-11, If Atl loses 5 more they will be 6-10. 5 games is a HUGE difference.

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

Plus, Falcons, by going 8-8 last year benefited from a .418 strength of schedule this yearand a QB having an MVP season, and an All-Pro WR

Jets, by going 10-6 last year, had a .518 strength of schedule this year and the worst QB play in the NFL, and the No.1 WR getting into a locker room feud with a guy who drives around high with a 12 year old boy in the back seat.

Denver Oakland Carolina 2x Tampa 2 x N.O. 2 x Arizona Seattle Philly ...the only weak teams on Atlants schedule were SD LA and San fran the other teams could beat anyone on any given day so what was so easy about that schedule ?

Also how people can bash Quinn for going 8-8 then Improving to the second seed in the NFC and heading to the SB is insane. His team Improved and he plugged holes and made changes and brought in players to fill spots for situational football. The Jets went 10-6 and dropped off the face of the earth tough schedule or not they played a lot of the same teams Atlanta did and looked like a High School team at times . Not sure how people whjo though the Jets would be terrible in Bowles first year would be screaming at and 8-8 record if Quinn was here.

Archived