Dan Quinn

Lizard King

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We had a shot at Quinn.  We decided Bowles was our guy.  As usual, we made the wrong choice.

QB-less, horrendous defense, offensively inept Jets

orrrrrr

Matt Ryan led, loaded offense, some decent pieces on defense Falcons.  Where the f*ck do you think he was going?

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats not the point.  The point is they made the wrong choice.

Right, just completely ignore the fact that he probably would have chosen another team over us guys.  Oh, also ignore the fact that the two guys, as coaching prospects, were neck and neck but waiting on one could have cost us both.  

Obviously none of that is a big deal.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To those who wanted Dan Quinn - what do you think his record would've been w/ the Jets this year?  I'm guessing 5-11.

Depends on the personnel choices he would have made with the GM and who he decided to start and sit what plays he would have called what timeouts and game time decisions he would have made. 

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To those who wanted Dan Quinn - what do you think his record would've been w/ the Jets this year?  I'm guessing 5-11.

Who cares.  Dan Quinn wasnt pals w/ Brandon Marshall so he doesnt bring that cancer in.  

Maybe Dan Quinn tells Mac he dont want washed up revis back.

Maybe dan quinn slaps Mo and Sheldon upside the head and they dont treat their job like its a joke.

What you guys are missing is that the Jets record doesnt matter right now.  It about establishing a culture w/ winning players.  And we have neither because the coach is an assclown that none of these players respect.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I think this thread is more relevant than many are giving credit.  It's way too easy to just say that Quinn has a franchise QB and we don't.  You don't get to the SB on just a franchise QB.  Tomlin and McCarthy know that.  And it's not all about the rosters either.  It takes preparation and in-game management and pulling the right strings to get the most out of your players.  Quinn is doing that.  Bowles it seems to me is not...

Sure you can.  Peyton Manning went to the SB w/ four different coaches.  Jim Caldwell went 14-2 and made a SB appearance w/ Peyton .  Two years later, he goes 2-14 without Peyton.  Matt Ryan was the best QB in the league this year.  No surprise that the Falcons are going to the SB.

30 minutes ago, Larz said:

In a 32 team league, all you need is everything.

Owner, GM, coach, QB, line, backs, receivers, TE, run stuffers, pass rushers, tackling machines, cover guys, kickers, luck and health

Or just cheat like a Vegas mobster

Or just cheat like the patsies 

57 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Sure you can.  Peyton Manning went to the SB w/ four different coaches.  Jim Caldwell went 14-2 and made a SB appearance w/ Peyton .  Two years later, he goes 2-14 without Peyton.  Matt Ryan was the best QB in the league this year.  No surprise that the Falcons are going to the SB.

So if I'm following your logic, we'd be in the Super Bowl this year if we had Matt Ryan?  

8 hours ago, King P said:

@Mogglez

Maybe if we decided to wait for Quinn then Bowles would have taken the Atlanta job and we'd have Quinn by default? 

*shrugs*

Very well might have been the case.  My point was more along the lines of Atlanta being a far more desirable job to take.  In fact, I think Bowles, whether he ends up being good here or bad, made a personal mistake by letting us keep him here until he signed without visiting Atlanta.  Obviously at the time I was excited, but I was still surprised.  Quinn is reaping the benefits of having a franchise guy in place.  Don't get me wrong, he's done what he's had to do, and definitely deserves some credit for getting the Falcons over the hump that Mike Smith never could, but we're not honestly missing any of Quinn's coaching ability.  We're missing "the guy" under center.  That's the huge glaring difference with these two franchises.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who cares.  Dan Quinn wasnt pals w/ Brandon Marshall so he doesnt bring that cancer in.  

Maybe Dan Quinn tells Mac he dont want washed up revis back.

Maybe dan quinn slaps Mo and Sheldon upside the head and they dont treat their job like its a joke.

What you guys are missing is that the Jets record doesnt matter right now.  It about establishing a culture w/ winning players.  And we have neither because the coach is an assclown that none of these players respect.

Maybe we wait around for Dan Quinn and he still doesn't f*cking come here so none of this sh*t still doesn't happen.

Stats aside, they game planned Rodgers pretty well.  Kept him in the pocket, got some hits on him, etc.  he still made some plays and didn't get help from his receivers at times, but Quinn's squad did pretty well.  He's their HC, he seems to interact with players on all sides of the ball.  He made the call to hire Shannahan.  The falcons have underachieved the entire Matt Ryan era.  He's doing something right.  

I remember Bowles presser after beating the Giants last year.  He was asked about Fitz's run on 4th down.  He didn't even know the play call.

4 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Stats aside, they game planned Rodgers pretty well.  Kept him in the pocket, got some hits on him, etc.  he still made some plays and didn't get help from his receivers at times, but Quinn's squad did pretty well.  He's their HC, he seems to interact with players on all sides of the ball.  He made the call to hire Shannahan.  The falcons have underachieved the entire Matt Ryan era.  He's doing something right.  

I remember Bowles presser after beating the Giants last year.  He was asked about Fitz's run on 4th down.  He didn't even know the play call.

I'm sure Quinn is doing a solid job (just like Mike McCarthy does).  But does anyone feel like he's the difference maker?  If he had come to the Jets would we have been in the AFC title game this year?

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm sure Quinn is doing a solid job (just like Mike McCarthy does).  But does anyone feel like he's the difference maker?  If he had come to the Jets would we have been in the AFC title game this year?

Only morons think Quinn is the "magic ingredient" because if he was what happened in 2015???  He has a QB who is

playing on an MVP level which covers over a TON of flaws

9 minutes ago, KRL said:

Only morons think Quinn is the "magic ingredient" because if he was what happened in 2015???  He has a QB who is

playing on an MVP level which covers over a TON of flaws

25th ranked defense with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones moving the ball all season long with the #2 ranked offense

Put it in perspective our crappy defense was ranked 28th with the #30 ranked offense with a clown carnival of quarterbacks going 3 and out all day or throwing interceptions

Here's a question for the "Quinn boosters", what would our record have been in 2015 & 2016

if we had Matt Ryan instead of that clown Fitzpatrick???  In my opinion we would've been 12-4

in 2015 and 10-6 in 2016 with all the flaws we had as a team if we had Ryan at QB

Was anyone watching the improving Falcon defense shut down the hottest QB in the NFL yesterday ? Did any of you watch as the season progressed ? Not only do the Falcons have Matt Ryan but they probably have the best RB tandem in the NFL and an Offensive line that can both run block and pass protect and that's not even mentioning who I feel is the best WR in the NFL in Julio Jones. Also while this Defense has given up some points and yards they clearly got better as the season went on and that was obvious yesterday and if you watched them during the season their Defense did make some plays and was extremely aggressive. 

After saying all of that the Jets impatience on not waiting to have a shot at Quinn because Seattle was in the playoffs was yet another mistake to chalk up for the NY Jets I mean what were they worried they would lose out on Todd Freakin Bowles ? LOL . Its obvious Dan Quinn has his Atlanta defense on the right path and since the offense needs no help they will be adding even more young players in this years draft to an already young defense who added some nice Vets like Freeny to fill some pass rushing voids as a specialty pass rusher. How many times did they Hit Rodgers yesterday ? A lot

Bottom line Dan Quinn is going to the SB in year 2  Todd Bowles and his entire team regressed. When I look at Atlanta's schedule they played Tampa 2 x NO 2 x Carolina 2 x (all tough games) they played Seattle they played the Eagles they played KC they played Arizona they played Denver they played Oakland the only 3 teams you could say that were bad on their schedule were LA, SD, and SF and SD gave a lot of teams fits and lost a lot of close games. Their schedule was tougher than ours.

Dan Quinn should have been the choice and a lot of us stated that at the time so this is not hindsight. I tried to be positive about the Bowles Signing but I always wanted Quinn or make a big run at Harbaugh we did neither.

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

Here's a question for the "Quinn boosters", what would our record have been in 2015 & 2016

if we had Matt Ryan instead of that clown Fitzpatrick???  In my opinion we would've been 12-4

in 2015 and 10-6 in 2016 with all the flaws we had as a team if we had Ryan at QB

In your opinion would the Falcons be in the Super Bowl if their head coach was Todd Bowles?  Isn't that the point as opposed to having Matt Ryan vs. Fitz?

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

In your opinion would the Falcons be in the Super Bowl if their head coach was Todd Bowles?  Isn't that the point as opposed to having Matt Ryan vs. Fitz?

No that isn't the point because the disparity in QB's (the most important position) is too great.  You can not dismiss the impact

of an MVP QB compared to a journeyman backup.  Could Quinn have won 10 games with Fitzpatrick in 2015???  Because he

didn't win 10 games with Ryan in 2015 in ATL

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

No that isn't the point because the disparity in QB's (the most important position) is too great.  You can not dismiss the impact

of an MVP QB compared to a journeyman backup.  Could Quinn have won 10 games with Fitzpatrick in 2015???  Because he

didn't win 10 games with Ryan in 2015 in ATL

It's totally the point.  It's comparing two Jets HC candidates in identical situations.  Quinn got better and Bowles got worse. Woody had no control over Matt Ryan.  He DID have the option to wait on Quinn vs. hiring Bowles.  

Archived