When the inevitable (Pats win the SB) happens...

TuscanyTile2

...do you think there's a chance Belichick and Brady step down?  They'd have set the all-time record for Superbowls with 5 and were within a miracle play from a perfect season.  I guess there would be one more thing to obtain - the Steelers' record of 6 SB titles plus I guess a 3-peat (which has never been done).  They've given no indication of retiring but there really wouldn't be much more to achieve.  They'd have fully cemented their legacy.

Didn't Brady push money off to next season, and drop his '16 $ to $1m to make his 4-gm suspension cost only $250k? There's not a lot of logic in doing that if he's just going to retire after the season. Therefore I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim. 

As far as BB, there's a greater possibility of walking away in '17 than Brady, but I bet he sticks around as well. Just because he sets a record doesn't mean he's satisfied. This is a sick man who isn't satisfied with just winning; he feels the need to run up the score on those he's already beaten, and risk injury to his star TE on specials with the season over, to show up everyone not-Belichick.

Further, if Brady's returning, he will return with him, lest it look "easy" to just win with Brady. Jerry Jones saw to it Barry Switzer did that to Jimmy Johnson's reputation (then a short stint in Miami sealed it, to reveal that he wasn't actually the genius of the 90s). Bill Belichick ain't Jimmy Johnsoning himself. 

So I think not going to happen on both counts. 

no

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...do you think there's a chance Belichick and Brady step down?  They'd have set the all-time record for Superbowls with 5 and were within a miracle play from a perfect season.  I guess there would be one more thing to obtain - the Steelers' record of 6 SB titles plus I guess a 3-peat (which has never been done).  They've given no indication of retiring but there really wouldn't be much more to achieve.  They'd have fully cemented their legacy.

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

One can only hope. But Brady and Belichik should get asterisks next to their names in the record books for being cheaters. We should bring signs to the game next year

I watched an interview with Chris Berman and Belichick on Sunday. BB's face lit up when he spoke about his love of coaching and teaching players how to play and the love of the game, etc I can't see him going anywhere anytime soon. He'll probably be there for another 10 years.

Brady, I think will play another 3 - 5 years, depending on injuries. Honestly, his play hasn't slipped at all. His drive clearly hasn't either. With the controversy over deflategate and his suspension, he's going to want to add to his legacy as much as possible to drown out any doubts about it.

JET FANS DO NOT DESPAIR - Todd Bubba Gump Bowltite will lead us to a division title next season because we have continuity!

Not only that, we will be the first NFL team in History to win a SB with no offense! That's right gents, we are going to play all defense next year! Since we are obviously not going to have an OC, we are going to punt on first down and let our "top 3 defense" win these games for us all by themselves.

Can't wait.

LOL

Have to laugh, for if we as Jet fans cannot laugh, we are doomed to a life of misery.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

JET FANS DO NOT DESPAIR - Todd Bubba Gump Bowltite will lead us to a division title next season because we have continuity!

Not only that, we will be the first NFL team in History to win a SB with no offense! That's right gents, we are going to play all defense next year! Since we are obviously not going to have an OC, we are going to punt on first down and let our "top 3 defense" win these games for us all by themselves.

Can't wait.

LOL

Have to laugh, for if we as Jet fans cannot laugh, we are doomed to a life of misery.

I hope The Falcons win so WOODY recognizes that he is a dick head.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

If Patriots win then we can stop hearing that  we let Dan Quinn get away, if the Falcons lose it would just mean we missed out on a coach that can't beat Bill and Brady, with a very solid Qb (we don't have) the best WR in the league, w very good RB's. If you can't beat Bill and Brady it doesn't matter. 

i have a suspicion that next season is bellichicken's last.  little joshy took his name off the potential hc list so he can be oc again next season.  sounds like he's the heir apparent.  as for brady, the end comes fast and furious.  he seems like he has the mental toughness but at some point the body breaks down.

and, btw, it's not a given that the patsies beat atlanta. atlanta was able to keep rodgers in check pretty well and then scored a ton of points.  it could be very interesting.

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i have a suspicion that next season is bellichicken's last.  little joshy took his name off the potential hc list so he can be oc again next season.  sounds like he's the heir apparent.  as for brady, the end comes fast and furious.  he seems like he has the mental toughness but at some point the body breaks down.

and, btw, it's not a given that the patsies beat atlanta. atlanta was able to keep rodgers in check pretty well and then scored a ton of points.  it could be very interesting.

It doesn't matter the division is competitive Miami and Buffalo improved their rosters bottom line the Jets need to get better regardless of what anyone else does. 

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I watched an interview with Chris Berman and Belichick on Sunday. BB's face lit up when he spoke about his love of coaching and teaching players how to play and the love of the game, etc I can't see him going anywhere anytime soon. He'll probably be there for another 10 years.

Brady, I think will play another 3 - 5 years, depending on injuries. Honestly, his play hasn't slipped at all. His drive clearly hasn't either. With the controversy over deflategate and his suspension, he's going to want to add to his legacy as much as possible to drown out any doubts about it.

I agree.  I believe THIS team is the one BB has been building his entire career.  He absolutely dotes on the team as a whole and a LOT of players individually.  Many of the players and coaches have been in this together for a long time and most of the new ones look like they are opening the biggest present under the tree when interviewed.  Every time I watch Matthew Slater, I expect him to pull off the rubber mast to reveal Bill Belichick.  Need to do a DNA test.

I do not expect BB to retire any time soon, but I thought TB12 might.  They had two impressive QBs in the queue and I thought solidifying his GOAT status with a fifth ring would motivate Brady to call it quits,  but now I think he probably has five years left in the tank.

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think Matt Patricia is the heir apparent.  Josh makes a lot of money as OC.  He gets to wear lots of fancy rings.  He has already failed as a Head Coach.  I think it would take a great opportunity to ply him away -- San Fran is not a great opportunity.  Probably worse than Denver without a franchise QB.  

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Steelers have 6

38 minutes ago, wizwor said:

I think Matt Patricia is the heir apparent.  Josh makes a lot of money as OC.  He gets to wear lots of fancy rings.  He has already failed as a Head Coach.  I think it would take a great opportunity to ply him away -- San Fran is not a great opportunity.  Probably worse than Denver without a franchise QB.  

I think Urban Meyer will be their next HC. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'm just wondering if Tuscan is going to slob on the patriots dicks the entire two weeks heading up to Super Bowl Sunday or not. They'll be prunes by Thursday.

Who said the patriots are any good?  4 Super Bowl wins and 2 losses for BB/TB and possibly a 5th win in 2 weeks.  Plus BB has appeared in the most SBs for a HC in NFL history.  Awful!

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who said the patriots are any good?  4 Super Bowl wins and 2 losses for BB/TB and possibly a 5th win in 2 weeks.  Plus BB has appeared in the most SBs for a HC in NFL history.  Awful!

Nobody said they weren't good. I don't recall me saying that, period.  That clearly wasn't the reason for my comment. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Been there done that New England wins so what.....WE are still NY JETS fans and will get our day to bask in the glory hopefully sooner than later. 

It just amazes me how people think Atlanta has no shot. My mind is blown. You want to know who had no shot? Green Bay and Seattle. They had zero chance to win after that coin toss. ATL dominated. And here we have Jet fans blowing BB and TB. How many threads do we need explaining how the Patriots will " inevitably" win. Who have they played that is good? Who? This is, as someone already mentioned, one of the lesser scary patriot rosters. They don't even have Gronk. AFC teams with the exception of the Broncos and 90% of the time our own Jets, fold like lawn chairs against NE. They literally piss they're pants on game day. Atlanta won't do that. Atlanta doesn't have a complex that these AFC teams have for NE. They are young and hungry and not even Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind could stop them. He looked  minuscule in comparison. Smmfh. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

It just amazes me how people think Atlanta has no shot. My mind is blown. You want to know who has no shot? Green Bay and Seattle. They had zero chance to win after that coin toss. ATL dominated. And here we have Jet fans blowing BB and TB. How many threads do we need explaining how the Patriots will " inevitably" win. Who have they played that is good? Who? This is, as someone already mentioned, one of the lesser scary patriot rosters. They don't even have Gronk. AFC teams besides the Broncos and 90% of the time our Jets fold like lawn chairs against NE. They literally piss they're pants on game day. Atlanta won't do that. Atlanta doesn't have a complex that these AFC teams have for NE. They are young and hungry and not even Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind could stop them. He looked  minuscule in comparison. Smmfh. 

Falcons have a chance.  Thanks for the upbeat post.

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It just amazes me how people think Atlanta has no shot. My mind is blown. You want to know who had no shot? Green Bay and Seattle. They had zero chance to win after that coin toss. ATL dominated. And here we have Jet fans blowing BB and TB. How many threads do we need explaining how the Patriots will " inevitably" win. Who have they played that is good? Who? This is, as someone already mentioned, one of the lesser scary patriot rosters. They don't even have Gronk. AFC teams with the exception of the Broncos and 90% of the time our own Jets, fold like lawn chairs against NE. They literally piss they're pants on game day. Atlanta won't do that. Atlanta doesn't have a complex that these AFC teams have for NE. They are young and hungry and not even Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind could stop them. He looked  minuscule in comparison. Smmfh. 

Well, it looks like no one except New England and Atlanta had a shot.  Who would have expected Dallas to bow out so gracelessly?  Not me.  In the end, it's all about match-ups and I think NE thumps the Falcons because Atlanta has no one who matches up with Belichick.

Archived