When the inevitable (Pats win the SB) happens...

TuscanyTile2

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

...do you think there's a chance Belichick and Brady step down?  They'd have set the all-time record for Superbowls with 5 and were within a miracle play from a perfect season.  I guess there would be one more thing to obtain - the Steelers' record of 6 SB titles plus I guess a 3-peat (which has never been done).  They've given no indication of retiring but there really wouldn't be much more to achieve.  They'd have fully cemented their legacy.

Belichick?  I would say there is a less than a 1% chance, but you can wonder if Josh staying is possibly related to Belichick stepping down to be full-time GM in the near future.  He has said he is not going to be a Marv Levy.  He is seven years from being Marv's age.  I would say he lasts as long as Brady.

Brady?  Same as Bill.  I would say there is a slim to no chance after this Superbowl.  Next year?  I know he wants to play until he is 45. Economically, it is painful to cut him before 2017 off season.  With 15 free agents that are anywhere from starters to significant contributors over the next two off-seasons, does he want to go throw a rebuild?  Especially, with all the players on D set to be paid.  Does not mean he will retire, but maybe he time in New England ends.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

It just amazes me how people think Atlanta has no shot. My mind is blown. You want to know who had no shot? Green Bay and Seattle. They had zero chance to win after that coin toss. ATL dominated. And here we have Jet fans blowing BB and TB. How many threads do we need explaining how the Patriots will " inevitably" win. Who have they played that is good? Who? This is, as someone already mentioned, one of the lesser scary patriot rosters. They don't even have Gronk. AFC teams with the exception of the Broncos and 90% of the time our own Jets, fold like lawn chairs against NE. They literally piss they're pants on game day. Atlanta won't do that. Atlanta doesn't have a complex that these AFC teams have for NE. They are young and hungry and not even Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind could stop them. He looked  minuscule in comparison. Smmfh. 

Agree wholeheartedly the Falcons have a great shot at beating NE in the Super Bowl. 

3 hours ago, wizwor said:

.  In the end, it's all about match-ups and I think NE thumps the Falcons because Atlanta has no one who matches up with Belichick.

You haven't been reading this site very well if you believe that ... Anyone hear can tell you that Todd Bowles is warm $h*t & Dan Quinn is awesome!

personally I think Quinn has been pretty impressive with what I've seen ... Think he was a tad slow on throwing the challenge flag last game.  (that's really me nitpicking) ... Other than that he has his team (particularly Matty Ice & his offense) grooving at an unbelievable rate right now!

I would say head coach is 

NE - A+

ATL - A

QB's are both A+

hare to tell you though Julio Jones is Rob Gronkowski ... Only One will be on the field for the Super Bowl though

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I'm just waiting on the next scandal to emerge and Belichick getting a lifetime ban.  It is just a matter of time...

let's say there is one and he will be banned.  who cares? they won't take away trophies, we can't go back in time and take away the moment from the team and the fans.

6 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

If the Pats win I can't wait to see our beloved commissioner have to hand the trophy to the Pats; Brady likely won't do anything, but it would be great if he leaned over and whispered in Godell's ear that he should go F himself and refuse to shake his hand.

Are you sure you like the Jets mr.bostonma??

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

let's say there is one and he will be banned.  who cares? they won't take away trophies, we can't go back in time and take away the moment from the team and the fans.

Ask Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and A-Rod if scandals hurt the way their careers will be looked back upon.

19 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

If the Pats win I can't wait to see our beloved commissioner have to hand the trophy to the Pats; Brady likely won't do anything, but it would be great if he leaned over and whispered in Godell's ear that he should go F himself and refuse to shake his hand.

This is the most laughable sentiment of all. That somehow Brady will be getting "revenge". It's not revenge when you suffered the consequences of your own actions and decisions.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ask Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and A-Rod if scandals hurt the way their careers will be looked back upon.

I think all 3 will make the HOF and no one can take away the great moments in their careers.

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

But it would be sweet, and it would keep Bill out of Canton.

Maybe, maybe not.  I don't think it would and that doesn't help me erase memories of all those Pats SBs.  the damage has been done.

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are you sure you like the Jets mr.bostonma??

I hate the Pats. I can't even get an F'n weather report at the nightly news. I hate BB - the guy is a pig.

But, I hate the commissioner too. And he deserves to eat crap for the way he handles many things including player suspension. Brady gets what he gets for either participating or covering up, but Godell handled it like an incompetent bully and thug and walks away smelling like a rose.

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

This is the most laughable sentiment of all. That somehow Brady will be getting "revenge". It's not revenge when you suffered the consequences of your own actions and decisions.

Brady paid the price (at least a little) and the well tuned Pats machine marched through. I want Atlanta to win. But, when does Godell every pay the price for his incompetence and stupidity. I think the only good thing coming from a Pats win is for Godell to have to eat sh*

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Brady paid the price (at least a little) and the well tuned Pats machine marched through. I want Atlanta to win. But, when does Godell every pay the price for his incompetence and stupidity. I think the only good thing coming from a Pats win is for Godell to have to eat sh*

He doesn't though. It literally means nothing if the Pats win to Goodell, other than another season ends. Anything else that Pats land try to sell is pure nonsense.

I'm no Goodell fan, but what was he supposed to do? A league rule was broken, and when approached, the player started a string of lies and steps to cover them up. Should he have shrugged and said "oh well?". If CryBrady has just admitted what he did and apologized, he would have gotten off with a fine, like every other person does with these kinds of infractions. His lack of accountability, complete dishonesty and absurd appeal forced the league's hand into a full scale investigation and follow up.

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

He doesn't though. It literally means nothing if the Pats win to Goodell, other than another season ends. Anything else that Pats land try to sell is pure nonsense.

I'm no Goodell fan, but what was he supposed to do? A league rule was broken, and when approached, the player started a string of lies and steps to cover them up. Should he have shrugged and said "oh well?". If CryBrady has just admitted what he did and apologized, he would have gotten off with a fine, like every other person does with these kinds of infractions. His lack of accountability, complete dishonesty and absurd appeal forced the league's hand into a full scale investigation and follow up.

Oh, I don't care that he suspended Brady. It is his screw up with spygate, and then he completely botched deflate gate. He kept suspending guys for non-football crap and then looked stupid for a football suspension. He also set himself up by going to Kraft's parties, etc. At his salary, he should find other friends and not look like he is in Kraft's pocket. For example, had he not sat on spy gate, and had he suspended BB for a year on the spy gate thing (okay maybe overreaction) and not destroyed the evidence, and had he not let BB walk away saying that he did nothing wrong, maybe deflate-gate never happens. Either way, he handled both badly and he is going to look like a chump at the SB since he skipped the AFC championship game.

Either way, go Falcons.

On January 24, 2017 at 0:41 AM, thadude said:

Better chance of me getting a threesome with Giselle and Bridget Moynihan

Let's hang a sheet up in the middle of the bed & turn it into a six-some!

rule is you stay on your side of the sheet & I stay on my side ... Don't need seeing your hairy *$$ to ruin a perfect fantasy !

On 1/25/2017 at 0:48 PM, JetPotato said:

Be the ginger hammer.  

Punish the Patriots based off of McNally taking the balls into the bathroom.  They knew about that early in the investigation.  He could have hammered them for violating the proper ball handling protocol.  Due to this, I am punishing the Patriots and suspending Brady yadda yadda yadda,  Instead, he spent millions of dollars and could not definitively say Jastremski/McNally did this to the balls at the order of Brady.  No, they had "more probable than not" and "generally aware".

However, he was gun shy after f'ing up Rice's issue.  MaJet is right.  He is incompetent.  As bad as he botched this, he looked even worse on his handling of the Giants kicker and Hardy this past year.

29 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Be the ginger hammer.  

Punish the Patriots based off of McNally taking the balls into the bathroom.  They knew about that early in the investigation.  He could have hammered them for violating the proper ball handling protocol.  Due to this, I am punishing the Patriots and suspending Brady yadda yadda yadda,  Instead, he spent millions of dollars and could not definitively say Jastremski/McNally did this to the balls at the order of Brady.  No, they had "more probable than not" and "generally aware".

However, he was gun shy after f'ing up Rice's issue.  MaJet is right.  He is incompetent.  As bad as he botched this, he looked even worse on his handling of the Giants kicker and Hardy this past year.

No one disagrees that Goodell is useless. But your suggestion was no longer an option when Brady was questioned and lied like a dog. Other owners were fed up too, sick of the "bigger than the league" attitude of Brady, Belichick and Kraft. Like I said, if Brady was a man, he would have apologized and it would have been over.

Archived