Random tweet - Jets staff in Mobile

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know they have a strong presence there.  Last year, I think 87 players were drafted from the Senior Bowl.  Not as disappointed that we dont have coordinators or a head coach there with what looks like Big Mac directing a bunch of scouts. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Good to know they have a strong presence there.  Last year, I think 87 players were drafted from the Senior Bowl.  Not as disappointed that we dont have coordinators or a head coach there with what looks like Big Mac directing a bunch of scouts. 

Yes what could go wrong 

"Okay boys talking points same as last year,  'We never thought he would be there when we picked', 'we like his upside' 'His small hands are not really a concern' 'We talked to him extensively' 'We feel he addresses a need for our team' 'He's been a captain on every team he has been on'  'We are not going to rush him.'

23 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Same garbage every single post . This board sucks .I think I'm going to hang out at the Hampur for a little while

Amazing the clowns here: 1) think they can do better 2) know what the heck they are even whining about every day 3) think they are funny 4) would fit perfectly on The View

How does coming in here every day miserable make one feel better about themselves? If the Jets cause you to be this miserable why not find something else to enjoy.

Just now, C Mart said:

Amazing the clowns here: 1) think they can do better 2) know what the heck they are even whining about every day 3) think they are funny 4) would fit perfectly on The View

How does coming in here every day miserable make one feel better about themselves? If the Jets cause you to be this miserable why not find something else to enjoy.

Totally agree - amazing people are questioning our drafting simply because of Hackenberg.

I guess having 1 pro bowl player in Williams, along with 2nd year opening day starters in Darron Lee, Jordan Jenkins and Brandon Shell, along with UDFA contributors in Robby Anderson, Jalin Marshall and Lawerence Thomas means Mac and his team cant scout.  

38 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Same garbage every single post . This board sucks .I think I'm going to hang out at the Hampur for a little while

What was garbage? People seemed to be joking around at a picture.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What was garbage? People seemed to be joking around at a picture.

People have to stop hating on Darron Lee. I think the problem is that people are treating like he was taken in the Top ten. He was taken at the end of the first round. It was where he was slotted. As for value, we just saw Jamie Collins, a good ILB get 50m from the Browns. And yet here I thought they were interchangeable. I know Collins is better than Lee at the moment, but...

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People have to stop hating on Darron Lee. I think the problem is that people are treating like he was taken in the Top ten. He was taken at the end of the first round. It was where he was slotted. As for value, we just saw Jamie Collins, a good ILB get 50m from the Browns. And yet here I thought they were interchangeable. I know Collins is better than Lee at the moment, but...

I think they are different players.  Lee is a sideline-to-sideline guy who lives off his quickness.  Collins more of a versatile guy who can do a number of different things, and use his height, long arms, and leaping ability too

Just now, jetscrazey said:

I think they are very different players.  Lee is a sideline-to-sideline guy who lives off his quickness.  Collins more of a versatile guy who can do a number of different things.

I don't know any rookie linebackers who can cover. It's a really tough, detailed learning curve.

They are different, But people have been whining about him all the time

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't know any rookie linebackers who can cover. It's a really tough, detailed learning curve.

They are different, But people have been whining about him all the time

Funny how this was the biggest reason people were happy we drafted him last year.  Hardly any linebackers can cover actually. not just rookies. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

Funny how this was the biggest reason people were happy we drafted him last year.  Hardly any linebackers can cover actually. not just rookies. 

Well there you go. So why are you so against him. I know you claim you can get him later but if linebackers are being paid 50m, it seems that their values are going up

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well there you go. So why are you so against him. I know you claim you can get him later but if linebackers are being paid 50m, it seems that their values are going up

I don;t hate the guy personally.  i don;t hate any of the players personally at all.

I disliked the Lee pick for the following reasons.

- A small speed ILB was not at the top of the needs or value list for me at 20th overall.

- Because of his size he has to be a niche play making LB, he is going to get destroyed long term if he has to be David Harris.

- Pre draft some Ohio State fans questioned his instincts and tackling.

Now after the draft he has shown the following to me. 

- He is as fast as advertised and moves from sideline to sideline well.

- He makes some good tackles when in pursuit.

- He takes awful angles and can't cover hardly at all, which was supposed to be a big reason to draft a small speed linebacker.

- He's soft when having to make plays head up

- He made almost no impact plays for the team, no turnovers. half a sack, he did nothing to suggest he was a play maker.

Can he become a good player?  Yup, he is not a write off like I view Hackenburg.  i just did not like the value of the player from day one.

Sources were adamant that the Jets would also take the best player available in the first round. This is the M.O. for general manager Mike Maccagnan. In his first draft with the Jets, he took Leonard Williams despite being strong at his position. Darron Lee fit that trend as well, as many expected Lee to be gone by the time New York was on the clock. In his final draft with Houston as the director of college scouting in 2014, the Texans wisely passed on Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel for Jadeveon Clowney. In the two drafts before that, the Texans landed DeAndre Hopkins and Whitney Mercilus late in the first round. Thus, Maccagnan's track record is clear, and the Jets are going to take the best player available with the sixth-overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors2.php#X6pDSuL6LVEgC9rF.99

Scout: All the measurable are there; good size, speed, weight. Production was iffy, but that was probably due to coaching. He's a can't miss, but...

Maccagnan: But what? 

Scout: You can't ever put him on the field. Ever.

Macc: Never?

Scout: Never.

Macc: Second round grade it is, then.

Archived