Name to watch: Ryan Switzer, WR

Pointdexter

UNC WR. He is every bit of what Wes Welker was in his prime and then some. Unstoppable at UNC at both slot wr and punt returner (I believe holds acc record). 

Apparently he's tearing it up at senior bowl practices. If available at top of round 3, this is an all-time steal. Will get downgraded bc of height. 

If I'm Macc this draft, I'm making a splash and bringing some excitement back to NY. Give the fans something to cheer for. Let's get playmakers!

1) Dalvin Cook

2) Deshaun Watson 

3) Ryan Switzer 

Man would that be a big 3 for a long time to come.

Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying the Jets should draft Watson in the 2nd round, with Cook in the first??  

The last mock I saw had Watson off the board at #6 (us, first round) and Cook off the board before pick #20.

I'm a bit confused as to how we'd be able to get both players?

I'll be flabbergasted if the Jets draft a Wr before the 5th round or so.  Not because they shouldn't but because they came away with some promising players late and in udfa and there starts a trend.

He sounds like a player the pats will draft in the 2nd round if he is all what you say he is.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying the Jets should draft Watson in the 2nd round, with Cook in the first??  

The last mock I saw had Watson off the board at #6 (us, first round) and Cook off the board before pick #20.

It's funny, prior to the natl championship game everyone was saying Watson drops into rd 2. After the game the narrative was he wouldn't be available at #6. Typical fan/media overreaction.

I do think Watson comes off the board early to mid first round. So no he wouldn't be there in the 2nd. It was fun to project those 3 players to the jets though (would never happen bc it would be too cool and that's not the Jets way).

Maybe a Watson - McCaffey - Switzer is more realistic. 

5 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

UNC WR. He is every bit of what Wes Welker was in his prime and then some. Unstoppable at UNC at both slot wr and punt returner (I believe holds acc record). 

Apparently he's tearing it up at senior bowl practices. If available at top of round 3, this is an all-time steal. Will get downgraded bc of height. 

If I'm Macc this draft, I'm making a splash and bringing some excitement back to NY. Give the fans something to cheer for. Let's get playmakers!

1) Dalvin Cook

2) Pat Mahomes II 

3) Ryan Switzer 

Man would that be a big 3 for a long time to come.

Fixed

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

A Carolina boy?  Does SJ have an opinion on him?  Is this guy SJ?  FWIW, Welker was the shuttle time king.  I will wait to see what this guy runs before the comparisons.  There was more to Wes Welker than being short and white.

SJ loves Switzer.  He told me to keep an eye on him prior to the start of this season and I watched him whenever I had a chance.  He's absolutely going to the Pats in round 2, after they take McCaffrey in round 1.  

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

A Carolina boy?  Does SJ have an opinion on him?  Is this guy SJ?  FWIW, Welker was the shuttle time king.  I will wait to see what this guy runs before the comparisons.  There was more to Wes Welker than being short and white.

Brain freeze on my part.  Who is this "SJ" you speak of?

If you watch any of the Trubitsky highlight reels, you will see what this kid is made of. Quick, great hands. If we draft him, we will underutilize him let him walk and then the Pats will pick him up and he will catch 90 balls and 1200 yards. So says the Gods!

24 minutes ago, Schoolboy said:

If you watch any of the Trubitsky highlight reels, you will see what this kid is made of. Quick, great hands. If we draft him, we will underutilize him let him walk and then the Pats will pick him up and he will catch 90 balls and 1200 yards. So says the Gods!

Funny.  I watched the highlight reels and Mack Hollins was the only thing that jumped out at me. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brain freeze on my part.  Who is this "SJ" you speak of?

Southern Jet.  One of the old timers.  He is a Carolina boy.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

if every Jets fan just claps then Tinkerbell will come back to life and they'll draft all three players.

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

if every Jets fan just claps then Tinkerbell will come back to life and they'll draft all three players.

Oh no, I'm under no delusion. I know our draft will look way more like:

1) DE  (couldn't believe he was on the board, value too good to pass up)

2) CB

3) Highly flawed "project" on offense

Meanwhile all the excellent playmakers on offense who can actually score points, in a league where offense is premium to winning games, will fly off the board to other teams.

57 minutes ago, KRL said:

He's nice not special.  In our situation he would be a luxury pick we need to address foundation issues first

He's the acc's all-time leading punt returner and fell one TD short of the all-time ncaa record, interestingly held by none other than wes welker. In my book, that's special. 

The kid had 5 in his freshman year alone, which is a record which will stand. I'm not sure how many return opportunities he got after that. 

14 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

He's the acc's all-time leading punt returner and fell one TD short of the all-time ncaa record, interestingly held by none other than wes welker. In my book, that's special. 

The kid had 5 in his freshman year alone, which is a record which will stand. I'm not sure how many return opportunities he got after that. 

he had 1 or 2 called back as well.  I always thought Welker was overrated b/c guys like him you can find anywhere.  NE has a better version of welker now in Edelman who doesn't drop big passes every game.  Switzer will be a good pro but he's not a guy you draft high but I'd love to get him in the middle rounds.

a little Jets connection, here's young Ryan w/ our old QB.

26_3822757.png

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Oh no, I'm under no delusion. I know our draft will look way more like:

1) DE  (couldn't believe he was on the board, value too good to pass up)

2) CB

3) Highly flawed "project" on offense

Meanwhile all the excellent playmakers on offense who can actually score points, in a league where offense is premium to winning games, will fly off the board to other teams.

You're avoiding the question.  You desire us selecting three players no mock has available at our first three selections.

So how do we get them?  If you're going to say draft A, B and C, thats fine, but you should be able to also explain the HOW to do it.  

Otherwise, why not just list the three best players in the draft and say "draft them!, See how smart I am!"?

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're avoiding the question.  You desire us selecting three players no mock has available at our first three selections.

So how do we get them?  If you're going to say draft A, B and C, thats fine, but you should be able to also explain the HOW to do it.  

Otherwise, why not just list the three best players in the draft and say "draft them!, See how smart I am!"?

Lol, easy champ. I explained above, you probably just didn't see it. Before the natl championship game everyone on this board had Watson falling into rd 2. Then he dominated bama for the 2nd straight year and everyone is sure he will be gone by 6. Lol

Maybe it's more realistic to get 1) Watson  2) Mccafrey  3) Switzer.

You're acting like I'm proposing fantasy land when the above scenarios are not out of the question, especially considering evals are still going on and players will rise and drop.

I was just looking him up and he is an amazing punt returner, but I figure the front office is going to try and use their draft picks to upgrade deficient areas on the current team.  I am guessing they view the potential upside to Jalin Marshall as a slot receiver/punt returner with further development to be enough not use a high draft pick on someone like this guy.  If he were to survive until the later rounds maybe, but I think they have bigger fish to fry in the early rounds of the upcoming draft.

Archived