Darron Lee on Twitter

SR24

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We live in a day and age where young athletes, particularly young African American athletes, are more outspoken on social issues than they were in the past.  Especially with the racial tension that has ripped our society up becoming more and more of an issue.  A large part of that has to do with Twitter and various forms of social media being mainstays in our modern day society.  Darron has the same rights and freedoms that all of us do.  Disagreeing with him doesn't make him a dick.  I've been following the rant all morning.  The only ones being dicks are the people who disagree with him politically and have decided to take their own feelings and beliefs a little too seriously...I say this as someone who DOES disagree with Darron politically.

If I were him, I probably wouldn't engage them at all...but I can't tell the dude what to do and he sure as hell isn't the first athlete to engage with his fans this way (negative AND postive), nor will he be the last.  His play is what we should be focused on and that time will come next year.  Don't sh*t on a guy for exercising his rights...even IF he ends up as nothing more than a disappointment, he still has a right to voice his opinion (short of saying he supports genocide).

TL,DR:

I'm sure this will turn into a 10+ page on why Darron Lee is the son of Satan, but this isn't a big deal.

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Get off Twitter and go gain some weight.  Scones followed up by a six egg bacon omelette with a heap of home fries sounds like a good pre-breakfast.

I'm not sure the solution to him getting better is to become fat, small and slow.

How dare an NFL player do anything other than eat, train and work, then thank us for the opportunity. Amiright?

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not sure the solution to him getting better is to become fat, small and slow.

How dare an NFL player do anything other than eat, train and work, then thank us for the opportunity. Amiright?

I was just being silly.  For all I care, Lee could go completely macrobiotic and dress in Taoist robes.  As long as he puts on a bit of muscle mass.  I know his game is speed.  But right now the kid is getting steamrolled.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I was just being silly.  For all I care, Lee could go completely macrobiotic and dress in Taoist robes.  As long as he puts on a bit of muscle mass.  I know his game is speed.  But right now the kid is getting steamrolled.

Same.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Hard to figure what's more pointless-this statement or anyone who bothers to respond. Because when you're 23 no matter what color you are you have no fukcin' idea what life for anyone, lest it be you  or anyone else, is all about.Get back to us when you've been smacked around a few decades. 

And he is still too small to cover TEs and backs. Darron, instead of being a pretentious fool and presumptuous knave,  get thee to the weight room forthwith. The average NFL career is 3 years. It's a lot shorter if you do not take a daily  interest in staying. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

We live in a day and age where young athletes, particularly young African American athletes, are more outspoken on social issues than they were in the past.  Especially with the racial tension that has ripped our society up becoming more and more of an issue.  A large part of that has to do with Twitter and various forms of social media being mainstays in our modern day society.  Darron has the same rights and freedoms that all of us do.  Disagreeing with him doesn't make him a dick.  I've been following the rant all morning.  The only ones being dicks are the people who disagree with him politically and have decided to take their own feelings and beliefs a little too seriously...I say this as someone who DOES disagree with Darron politically.

If I were him, I probably wouldn't engage them at all...but I can't tell the dude what to do and he sure as hell isn't the first athlete to engage with his fans this way (negative AND postive), nor will he be the last.  His play is what we should be focused on and that time will come next year.  Don't sh*t on a guy for exercising his rights...even IF he ends up as nothing more than a disappointment, he still has a right to voice his opinion (short of saying he supports genocide).

TL,DR:

I'm sure this will turn into a 10+ page on why Darron Lee is the son of Satan, but this isn't a big deal.

Its called freedom of speech. A wise man once said " I may not like what you have to say, BUT I WILL DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT". Those used to be word's to live by and should still be. You cannot only give certain freedoms to those we agree with. The very essence of the term Freedom of Speech is just that. The freedom for all people to voice their opinions whether you agree with them or not. Giving voice to these opinions is Darron Lee's right. Whether you agree with them is your business and your right. Belittling someone who has a different opinion than yours demeans the both of you. Even though I disagree with some of what this guy is saying I respect his right to voice them. So should We all.

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Who gives a f**K and why would anyone who is semi normal and civilized want to understand thug and gangster talk?

Another great character draft pick ....

Archived